Church Shooting in TN

"25-year-old man has been identified as the shooter Emanuel Samson who opened fire Sunday morning inside a church in Tennessee, killing a woman and wounding six others before accidentally shooting himself when he was confronted by an usher, police say."

“The two critical patients suffered gunshot wounds to (their) chest and torso. The four other patients suffered gunshot wounds to their extremities,” John Howser told The Tennessean.

"According to police, the gunman shot himself after he was confronted by a church member who went to his car and retrieved a gun. The churchgoer has a permit to carry the handgun, authorities said."

"Samson lives in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and graduated from Smyrna High School in 2010, also in Tennessee, in 2010. Samson is a native of Khartoum, Sudan."

Who knows what would've happened if it wasn't for the usher.

Denis Denis
Sep '17

Thumbs up to the church member!

Jesse341 Jesse341
Sep '17

I hope the people who were shot make it though ok But this is just another out cry to allow people carry fire arms to protect our selfs from the random shooters

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Sep '17

Worlds going to hell!

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Sep '17

MSM seems to be ignoring this story.

Ollie Ollie
Sep '17

ill give you a multiple choice question as to why.

A. Actor was a us citizen born in Sudan
B. Actor was African American and victims were white
C. Actor was subdued and held for police by lawful licensed firearm owner.
D. All of the above

skippy skippy
Sep '17

ding ding ding , i got it , i got it !!!

D. all of the above.

the fact that an average everyday citizen who chose to excersie his 2nd amendment rights by 'keeping and bearing' his very own firearm stopped this from becoming a full fledged massacre.

the MSM news wonks (cbs, nbc, abc, nyt, lat, chicago tribune, msnbc, cnn, npr, bbc, and many more) who are full 75-85% registered democrats do not want you to know that an armed citizen has saved lives. locally on HL, the stranger, stymie, YF, and several others also would not like you all to know the simple truth of this story,
that an armed citizen did a good thing here, that there is value in being able to carry your firearm with you on your person as you go about your daily business.

this a good thing.

thanks Skippy! +1

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '17

Yup, this screams "D' to me.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Hate to agree but skippy nailed it. The shooter was black, the victims were white and the incident was resolved with a civilian weapon. Media barely reports it, harps on it, wants justice for it. It isn't a hate crime for sure, and most likely wasn't racially motivated. So please move on nothing to see here.

Mickey Mickey
Sep '17

Why would anyone think that it's not being covered?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/us/tennessee-shooting-probe/index.html

Sure, it's not nearly as all-important a topic as who stands or who kneels that it rates 24 hour a day coverage... but that's what America has come to. We are so desensitized to violence that actual outrage needs to be manufactured.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '17

I'm going with "C" , right, wrong, good or bad I don't know , maybe people would see and believe that having a gun now might be a darn good idea. And maybe people will believe that having that gun in an accessible location might be an even better idea.
I mean heck, actually being able to protect yourself, you mean we can really do that??? HELL YES if that is what you want to do.

"Why would anyone think that it's not being covered?"

Come on now, Ian... don't be disingenuous. If this had been a white guy shooting up a black church, stopped by police... it would be getting AT LEAST as much time as the NFL BS. And you know it.

Also totally agree with your "manufactured outrage" statement. That goes for the KNEELERS too.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Sep '17

I hope the people who were shot make it though ok But this is just another out cry to allow people carry fire arms to protect our selfs from the random shooters

Caged Animal

Caged? Do you carry a gun to CHURCH?

Who in their RIGHT mind would bring a gun to church?

Also while YOU have your gun drawn and the Police storm in, are you the good guy or the bad guy? A sure bet will be YOU will soon be the dead guy

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Sep '17

"Do you carry a gun to CHURCH? "

It's a good thing SOMEONE did, isn't it?

Sep '17

Clyde, If you actually read the article it said the usher had to go to his car to retrieve his weapon.

Darrin Darrin
Sep '17

BUT he did not bring it into the church. It was lucky he had the opportunity to go to his car. That opp will not always be available. I was speaking in general, not just this case.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Sep '17

right, carried the gun to the church but didn't bring it inside the church,

still here in NJ we can't exercise our 2nd amendment right to 'keep and bear arms', as the state has outlawed it unconstitutionally, and it will be change as current court challenges work their way up to the supremes

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '17

Just watched a news piece on a brawl in a Burger King in Staten Island. Looked like some broken noses and split lips. No fatalities. Had they been carrying the carnage would have been ugly.

Yankeefan Yankeefan
Sep '17

I don't know what MSM you were watching but I saw it covered several times yesterday on MSNBC and then again several times today on the same station......

summerrain1 summerrain1
Sep '17

Fake News

eperot eperot
Sep '17

"Just watched a news piece on a brawl in a Burger King in Staten Island. Looked like some broken noses and split lips. No fatalities. Had they been carrying the carnage would have been ugly."

...or wouldn't have happened at all, for fear of being shot. On both sides. When everyone carries, it certainly makes one think twice about starting something.

"Fake News"

Not even sure what that's supposed to mean.

Sep '17

"Had they been carrying the carnage would have been ugly."

Maybe or maybe not....that's pure assumption, and we all know what that means.....

When faced with the possibility of certain death, sometimes things do not escalate.

Anyways, here is your news piece....

http://abc7ny.com/video-2-teens-hurt-during-brawl-inside-burger-king/2455480/

2 teens got mugged by 7 teens......good thing they couldn't defend themselves!

Firstly, they are 16 years old, but we will ignore that for a second and say there is a very good chance if the two teens were carrying and able to defend themselves, this wouldn't of happened in the first place!.

Certainly chose your words wisely for your post...much like MSM portray thing how you want them to be heard....I get it.....and don't source...no no no

Darrin Darrin
Sep '17

The brawl was on Long Island not Staten Island, just getting the facts right.

justwondering justwondering
Sep '17

"there is a very good chance if the two teens were carrying and able to defend themselves, this wouldn't of happened in the first place!."

bingo! spot on correct, +1 Darrin

assumptions by those who have never owned their own gun or even shot a gun are always towards the negative, because they think out of fear, and unreasonable factless, baseless fear,

Darrin posits an outcome that is just as valid as YF's and because it didn't happen that way, it's just rank speculation.

There is plenty of solid evidence that the mere presence of a gun will prevent an assault/crime. estimates are in the 2.5 million per year, (i'm sure the stranger will come up with 40 tons of hogwash spin to discount it all, just file that in the circular file already)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '17

Yet another shooting fatality today --- in the school I attended in the Bronx, P.S.67.
A 16 year old shot dead in school.
I won't bother responding to any hogwash the *gunnies* have to say about this.

happiest girl
Sep '17

Must be the statues' fault! I'm gonna take a knee.

"I won't bother responding to any hogwash the *gunnies* have to say about this."

So, obviously NY allows 16 year olds to bring guns to school in the Bronx...

Otherwise, any "gun control" argument you have is moot (since every one of them had to be violated for this to happen anyway). THAT's the only hogwash here.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '17

it was a stabbing according to this
http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2017/09/27/fatal-stabbing-at-bronx-public-school-.html

Do we have church shootings like this in NJ?

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Sep '17

Don;t all the schools in the bronx have metal detectors?

Oh wait a minute....here is the story.....

http://abc7ny.com/teen-dead-2nd-critical-in-double-stabbing-at-nyc-school/2460096/

"Teen dead, 2nd critical in double stabbing at Bronx school in NYC"

UHT OH.....somebody got that story all wrong!!!!

Stabbing= knife, just so you know HG

Darrin Darrin
Sep '17

Wow, it's gotten so bad the anti "gunnies" are now even blaming stabbings on guns......

WOW..,.indeed hogwash it is!

Busted

Darrin Darrin
Sep '17

"Do we have church shootings like this in NJ?"

EVERY shooting in NJ is in a "gun free zone", church or not.

Want to stroll through Camden at night?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '17

You continue to prove yourself to be a juvenile Darrin.

"stabbing =knife, just so you know HG"
".... the anti gunnies are now even blaming stabbings on guns..."

It was first reported as gunfire.
Then it was reported as stabbing using scissors.
Then reported as stabbing with a knife.

Maybe *someday* you'll grow up, Darrin. ???

happiest girl
Sep '17

Moral of the story...you jumped the gun to meet your agenda and you got burnt.....calling names will make it all better though.....makes you look reeealllllll *grown up*

Darrin Darrin
Sep '17

I didn't *jump the gun* to use your expression.
I reported the news as I heard it.
I did not get the story wrong.
And I said nothing personal about ANY individual in my original post.

When you choose to attack someone for your childish reasons don't expect it to go unnoticed.

To use your silly expression, *you* got burnt.

happiest girl
Sep '17

Are Churches gun free zones in Tenn? Are you saying Tenn is like Camden? Tenn is right next to NC. There's a lot of guns and churches in NC. Do they have church shootings there?

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Sep '17

No, SD... you were alluding to church shootings not happening in NJ (although I believe there was one in 2008) as if your gun laws prevented it from occurring.

If gun laws prevented it from occurring, there wouldn't be ANY shootings in NJ because gun laws in NJ don't let people carry anywhere.

Tennessee doesn't prohibit carrying firearms in Church, but based on several comments here, people think there is a magic force field around churches so they don't "need" to carry guns there. It's not a gun free zone, but certainly a "softer" target than other places in states where carry is permissible. NJ shooters don't need to make that decision... EVERY location is a soft target... like malls in Short Hills or the middle of any street.

Is concealed carry "allowed" in Trenton? Fat lot of good that ban is doing this past week or so... criminals will ALWAYS carry guns whenever and wherever they choose.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2017/09/man_killed_in_trenton_shooting_is_3_victim_in_3_da.html

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '17

Re: Church Shooting in TN

yeah, that shooting happened just a few blocks away from the state house where the legislature keeps passing more and more draconian unconstitutional restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms.

ironic ain't it?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '17

if you want to make a difference, consider joining the NRA:

Click Here To Join NRA: https://goo.gl/noFxKN

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '17

And the GOA: they are more constitutional, less compromising (because, really, we shouldn't have to compromise a constitutional RIGHT- that's why they call it a RIGHT- any more than we already have)

https://gunowners.org

Sep '17

Let me get this straight, so now we are encouraging teens to carry guns? And that would reduce violence, please.

rleaf rleaf
Sep '17

Where did anyone say that rleaf?

We pointed out that it's already illegal for teens to carry guns in school and that doesn't mean violence will be reduced if it becomes "more illegaler".

What about parents, teachers, etc.? Clearly they are in the "adult" category... in a state where it's legal for them to carry outside school property, how does crossing an invisible property line make them less trustworthy?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '17

Sure folks, I'll bite.

Gee, Mark, when was the last time you went to Trenton?

"assumptions by those who have never owned their own gun or even shot a gun are always towards the negative, because they think out of fear, and unreasonable factless (sp), baseless fear" First off, I own guns, I shoot them on occasion, less so today than in my younger days when I lived in an actual rural area. Matter of fact, I used to shoot right from the back porch. Second, given the crime rate, the murder rate, even the murder by gun rate, I'm sorry ---- who's motivated out of feckless fear? Who's actually taking actions because of their unsubstantiated fears?

"Want to stroll through Camden at night?" I'd like to see you stroll through my rural back yard at night......Probably start shooting at shadows.

"There is plenty of solid evidence that the mere presence of a gun will prevent an assault/crime. estimates are in the 2.5 million per year." Don't need 40 tons of hogwash, you already spread yours. There's one old study, highly disputed, with this wild claim. And you're right; what a bogus statistic that is, but you know that you printed a lie or less than the full story. You just like to print it over and over anyways. And explain how in a concealed carry world, you get "the mere presence of a gun." That's a neat trick.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Sep '17

I keep saying it over and over and yet you keep seeing me as the bogeyman. Own you guns. Protect yourself. Carry away. But ask yourself, is this your end game, your expected outcome: "Firstly, they are 16 years old, but we will ignore that for a second and say there is a very good chance if the two teens were carrying and able to defend themselves, this wouldn't of happened in the first place!."

"...or wouldn't have happened at all, for fear of being shot. On both sides. When everyone carries, it certainly makes one think twice about starting something." I just can't believe this is the world you wish to live in. I choose a different path and trust me, I am not afraid of you or your guns and as far as I can tell, you are the schmucks around here who are carrying the most guns, the most firepower, much more dangerous to our society than any Hackettstown gun toting criminal.

There's about 74,000 people shot each year; that's 2 per 10,000 or 2 per Hackettstown, approximately. Approximately one person in 10,000, the size of H-town get killed each year, but 60% of that is suicide by gun ---- the top weapon choice of American suiciders and also the most deadly choice. Just point, click and dead --- can't do that with a knife. That's the fear you are projecting and protecting against shouldered by the enhanced suicide risk you are taking.

There is very little doubt that removal of guns would decrease both homicides and suicides; those statistics are compelling. Of course, that's impossible. Yet to acquiesce to the gunny and to arm the entire nation 24x7, all responsible ages, IMO is not a good solution. I find it amazing that you all would suggest it. Imagine that world, where little johnny goes to the neighbor's to play but you need to send your teenager with them so they can be armed to the teeth for the journey three houses down the street.

As guns proliferate throughout our society and concealed carry becomes the legal style in most places, amazingly, the number of good guys gone bad increases as guns are used to solve the most mundane of our problems.

Road rage may have doubled: "It found that cases of road rage involving a firearm — where someone brandished a gun or fired one at a driver or passenger — more than doubled to 620 in 2016, from 247 in 2014." https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/25/us/road-rage-guns.html?mcubz=0\"

Is anyone immune from using guns to solve their problems: "A North Carolina priest faces assault charges after he pulled out a gun in a road rage incident, officials say." Guess not. I mean they were tailgating.....

And then there's the Defensive Gun Use. Often I have said DGU seems to work, seems not to result in many accidents, blah de blah... But DGU oopsies are on the rise as well. Fact is that in a world filled with guns, you have more evil gun deaths, more accidents for kids and adults alike, more defensive uses gone bad, more suicides, and more good guys being bad using guns to solve mundane problems. It's just a matter of volume, as guns rise so do gun deaths of all flavors.

The gunnies caveat that it doesn't matter whether you are armed or not because where there's a will there's a way is a myth. No facts to this whatsoever and every sort of statistic that shows the exact opposite is true --- less guns = less death.

Bottom line: the 2A and common sense says there's a place for guns. A world filled with guns where everyone is carrying 24x7 is more dangerous than a world without guns. IMO the desire to arm everyone, all the time, is misplaced based on the statistical evidence of crime. Plainly stated, this is not our best solution.

In 2015, the US had a gun death rate of 11.1 per 100K coming to one gun death per year in Hackettstown --- approx. For Hackettstown, that's your risk --- one death and one wounded. And you probably know your shooter.

Tenn's rate was 16.0, over double the average with over 1,000 polished off by gun. NJ --- 5.4 with 475 shot dead --- 50% less dead than Tenn at 1/3 the death rate. Yeah, loose gun laws work. Sure, tough gun laws fail. Sure. In your mind maybe, but not in reality.

Sep '17

Clyde Potts
unless there is a police officer standing in the door way to see me pull my gun and fire but there is most likely not it will all be done and over by the time the police get there
and as fare as taken a gun to church yes why not and this shooting shows every one that there are no safe zones
and a well tailored jacket you will not know who is carrying a fire arm and with the size of some purses women carry a hole house in side them
should we have to carry a gun there was a time long ago that every guy just about carried a side arm and then along time of not having to sorry to say that we are comeing back to having to carry a side arm
I hope that I never have to use mine
to all here be well blessed be to you all

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Sep '17

"Gee, Mark, when was the last time you went to Trenton?"

Several years ago when there were hearings on some of the gun bills at the state house. Maybe 2013 or so... I made sure to get out of there before it got dark, though.

" I'd like to see you stroll through my rural back yard at night......Probably start shooting at shadows. "

Ah yes, the 'ole "every gun owner is a trigger happy scaredy cat - except me" routine. Do regale us with the tale of how you became the only responsible gun owner in existence.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Sep '17

SD, dissecting your book you just wrote:

"And explain how in a concealed carry world, you get "the mere presence of a gun." That's a neat trick."

Very easy.....in NJ you know that chances are the person doesn't have a gun, because only CRIMINALS have guns, because it is ILLEGAL

In other states, where citizens can be armed, your rolling the dice

So maybe the sentence should read, the chance of a gun.

"is this your end game, your expected outcome:"

Your missing the point here.....we are not saying the victims would have to shoot their attackers, were saying that if the attackers thought their victims were possibly carrying guns and able to protect themselves....would of they attacked???

"I choose a different path and trust me, I am not afraid of you or your guns and as far as I can tell, you are the schmucks around here who are carrying the most guns, the most firepower, much more dangerous to our society than any Hackettstown gun toting criminal. "

Well this statement says a lot...and name calling....now we are schmucks? What warranted that?

You bring up suicide again....we have been over this before...again and again.....and we have proven that there is even easier ways, ways which are still used today....drugs are one of them

"The gunnies caveat that it doesn't matter whether you are armed or not because where there's a will there's a way is a myth. No facts to this whatsoever and every sort of statistic"..........other then common sense?

Okay...I am exhausted....just re-read the 2nd amen thread...we have gone over all this there

One more question though, you claim that you have guns....why? If they are so dangerous, why do you own a gun?

Darrin Darrin
Sep '17

Violent crime can happen anywhere.

Violent Crime Spikes In Long Valley: 2016 FBI Report

https://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley/violent-crime-spikes-long-valley-2016-fbi-report?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=police+%26+fire&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=longvalley

Denis Denis
Sep '17

I like epic novel better than book....but I held back hoping the thread would move to it's rightful place rather than go in multiple redundant threads. I guess guns just don't get trumped around here :>)

I think what was said was that "the mere presence of a gun" deters crime and you say because only NJ criminals have concealed guns, presence is a moot point. My point is that an if the gun is concealed, where's the presence? And presence was said. I think that's how the original authors termed it as well: the gun was shown. Not sure what your point is much less any substantiating statistics. You seem to say it's the presumption of a chance of a gun that deters crime. Unfortunately you have zero substantiation for that little gem of a fact and all the evidence that it is just not proven.

"we are not saying the victims would have to shoot their attackers, were saying that if the attackers thought their victims were possibly carrying guns and able to protect themselves....would of they attacked???" Of course you can't know that to be true or untrue nor was that what was being talked about. You are, what we researchers call, spit balling.

Replace "schmucks" with "ones," my bad. "What warranted that?" Outrageous unsubstantiated claims. My bad again, sorry I slipped but oh the horror of all those feckless claims.....

"Drugs are an easier way of committing suicide, we proved it..." Uh, oh, that's a big negatory on that one big bopper. You believed it but it's not a fact. There's a difference. For proof, turn to statistics on weapon lethality. Basically any statistics like the ones I have shown in the past that you do not believe. Look it up yourself but if you lined 100 suiciders up with guns, another 100 with pills, you end up with 83 dead gunnies and 2 pill poppers. There is a difference in lethality by weapon used. This is true beyond suicide as well. That's why less guns = less gun death. The gunny mantra of where's there's a will, there's a way, is not exactly valid. Here's the Harvard version: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/means-matter/means-matter/case-fatality/

If you have proof otherwise, show us again. I forget.

For more evidence, the Australian gun ban experiment statistically proved that less guns equals less suicide. While there is still debate as to causality, the numbers show a decidedly downward trend. More important, and to my point, in no way did other forms of suicide bridge the gap. If there was still a will, they could not find a better way.

Why do I own a gun? As previously stated, protection. But the real reason is inheritance and why not keep them. Not sure what you mean by the dangerous part; aren't they just a tool? The world has many hues, it's not just all black and white. And you know I will be getting some handguns soon. Why you will ask? Fun and protection, but mostly fun. I don't need a gun to protect my family. It will never come to that. I know calypso.

Sep '17

And for yet another funny feckless fact journey, Denis adds: "Violent crime can happen anywhere" talking about the yuge violent crime spike in Long Valley. Better get your gun, it's a coming to you soon.......

Wait......we got 16 aggravated assaults in 2016 and only 2 the year before....where's my semi with suppressor and bayonet....It's a crime tsunami...

Wait, but the average is 7 violent crimes per year including 13 in 2008. Does that mean 2016 is just like 2008?

Wait, we were talking gun deaths. I bet those are up too. What? Zero this year? Zero last year.... zero since 2006 at least....

So what are we talking about.....gun murders? --- no... gun crimes? --- We don't know. How many of these are by relatives or known associates? --- we don't know. So what is Denis alluding to?

Let's ask Washington Township Police Lt. Douglas Compton: "I do not have an explanation as to why these types of event occurred in 2016 within Washington Township. As a police department we respond to all cases and document them accordingly,"

He should ask Denis.

Sep '17

Once again another long winded bunch of BS by the forum blowhard SD. I am disappointed though you didn't have the usual associated links. In the immortal words of the talking heads "You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything"

Since not surprisingly you can't figure out a simple quote let me try an explain, read it slowly, and read what I write, not the usual imaginary between the lines that is your operating MO. Since other area's were being brought up such as Trenton, and Camden, I posted this link which was just published to show that violent crime can occur anywhere. Not an outrageous concept. I don't pretend to know the backstory of the crimes, never claimed too. Maybe if the two women that were raped had a gun, there would have been some instant justice handed out. Speculation yes, but something to consider. Back to the story originally posted thank God the usher had a gun!

Denis Denis
Sep '17

SD, I am ignoring the rest for now because I am not running in circles with you because you "forgot whats been discussed" thats hogwash and you know it, so no.....not playing that game

But I will focus on the statement of "Why do I own a gun? As previously stated, protection. But the real reason is inheritance and why not keep them. Not sure what you mean by the dangerous part; aren't they just a tool? The world has many hues, it's not just all black and white. And you know I will be getting some handguns soon. Why you will ask? Fun and protection, but mostly fun. I don't need a gun to protect my family. It will never come to that. I know calypso."

For protection? From what?

They you say "I don't need a gun to protect my family" so what are you protecting, or planning?

You inherited the gun? Did you fill out the necessary paperwork to properly transfer ownership? Did you tell the police?

SD says "Not sure what you mean by the dangerous part"......I will refer to your statement where you made gun owners out to be schmucks.........."you are the schmucks around here who are carrying the most guns, the most firepower, much more dangerous to our society than any Hackettstown gun toting criminal."

Where is the dangerous part....right there in your statement posted not even 21 hours before this one asking where the dangerous part is.....forget your own posts much?

Darrin Darrin
Sep '17

Beyond the gun control debate this appears to be a hate crime targeting white people. Also Sampson is here legally, but is not a US citizen.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tennessee-church-suspect-may-have-sought-revenge-for-dylann-roof-case/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=42934796

Denis Denis
Sep '17

Wow. Given all the words, one would think it would be very clear....

Darrin, I will hold myself to blame for your honest misunderstanding of what I mean. Sorry, and I will try to clarify. First, it's true that I forget things. I forgot your response to my suicide lethality index. No hogwash, no games, just at least give us a clue because I am not searching. I just can't imagine a good response and it obviously did not register.

As to our mistaken impression as to why I own a gun. You focus on protection but apparently missed: "But the real reason is inheritance and why not keep them." The real reason is inheritance. The real reason. Later I summarized: "Fun and protection, but mostly fun." In all that you want to discuss my feelings on protection? With all those words, I apparently still failed in getting my main message across and somehow made the tertiary reason the most important. My bad I guess....

My guns are legal, thank you very much, as if that's any of your concern. They are locked, loaded, safety on, and under lock and key.

"Not sure what you mean by the dangerous part; aren't they just a tool" was just a joke based on your frequent comments in the past. Just get tired of having to :>) every attempt at humor. But sure, if more guns = more gun deaths, then my guns count for sure. There's the danger ---- me.

Then, after I apologized for the name calling, you harp on "schmucks." Come on, I said sorry, give me a break. That's not your usual style to be so unforgiving.

Hope that clarifies.

Denis: very cute. You are the last person to use King Crimson as your avatar. You're fripping me out man..... But you forgot to live by the next line of your Talking Head's song: "When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed." Live by it man, live by it....

Instead you once again issue an immortal quote: "thank God the usher had a gun!" Words to live by and, frankly, summarize exactly what I was saying. You're only answer to many things in this world is the gun. Faced with a spike in aggravated assault, you conflate Long Valley with Trenton and now Camden, you miss that zero gun murders occurred, you can't prove any guns were even used, and the spike is not a trend and even the police can't point to a reason.

But your conclusion: "thank God the usher had a gun!" is exactly my point. Immortal.

thank God the usher had a gun!

You know, we had some hate crimes in Hackettstown. Better get your gun......

"Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far…"

Sep '17

SD resorting your complete BS like you always do. You try and spin other people words to fit you nonsensical long winded nonsense.

"you conflate Long Valley with Trenton and now Camden" Really?? Did you read the headline, or did it just go over your head as usual. "Violent crime can happen anywhere" My message was pretty clear for anyone to read, except you the delusional spin master that you are. Violent crime can happen anywhere, not just in what would be considered a dangerous town like Camden, but even in bucolic Long Valley. When you listed the violent crimes cited in the report, you conveniently ignored the 2 rapes that occurred, and my comment that if the women had a gun the outcome might have been instant justice for the rapist.

But your conclusion: "thank God the usher had a gun!" is exactly my point. Immortal."

Yes if he did not have a gun, there would have been many more innocent victims killed that day. Since you can't argue that, and you claim it's your point exactly then you must agree with me that it was a good thing he was licensed to have a gun.

Denis Denis
Sep '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.