Urologist Recommendation for Vasectomy

The previous thread on Urologist is in 2013. So I am starting new thread with recent experiences and recommendations for Vasectomy for Urologists in Hackettstown area.

Any suggestion on Doctor, the way they treat, bedside manners will be greatly helpful.

Thanks in advance.

James James
Sep '17

I don't need a vasectomy, but my doctor recommended Dr. Frank Salvator in the Skylands Urology Group. They are located in the professional building across from the hospital. I did not go, due to other circumstances. But my doctor whom I have great confidence in recommended him highly.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Sep '17

Same recommendations as last time - Dr Colton and Dr Zimmerman, Morris Urology. Offices in Denville and Mine Hill. Outstanding practice.

Zimmerman sucks, bad bedside manners and wouldn't even get on the phone to answer questions. (his receptionist gave me cryptic answers) Dr. Gelman in Denville is the guy to go to.

I went to Dr. Matteson at skylands. No issues and zero pain. About as good as it can go for what it is.

My husband had his vasectomy done by Dr. Mykulak at Skylands. Very nice guy, great bedside manner. He made my husband and I feel very comfortable about the whole procedure.

jrsemom jrsemom
Sep '17

Dr. Zimmerman just operated on my dad. I thought he was super nice. He explained everything in depth to my mother and myself. Kept us updated throughout the procedure as it was more involved than originally thought. My dad hates Doctors and actually likes this Doctor.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '17

Dr Zimmerman and Dr Colton are fantastic. I have worked with both of them over the years and have recommended them to several people.

MommyRn MommyRn
Sep '17

Dr. Matteson is one of the top rated urologists in the state. Truly a nice guy.

USAfirst USAfirst
Sep '17

I too have used Dr. Matteson, not for Vasectomy but for kidney stones. A great bedside manner, explains everything in full detail and when I had the surgery, he was at my bedside before putting me under and when I woke, he was right there to make sure all was well. I would highly recommend him.

bgood105 bgood105
Sep '17

I highly recommend Dr. Matteson... He is truly the first Doctor in my life that did not talk down to me... all he wants to do is help! I see him for on going Prostate issues and could not be happier for his expert knowledge in this field of work!

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Sep '17

Gellman.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Sep '17

USA1st - how do you know that Dr Matteson is one of the top rated urologists in the state?

urgentneed
Feb '20

It a vasectomy...…well rated should suffice....snip, snip, didn't even need aspirin.

Matteson top rated, I'm not sure. Awards, most certainly. UofM grad like me so he's got that goin for him :>) Did stones with him, not as easy as I would like, not his issue but mine, needed multiple sessions, made it though, and he was really there for any discomfort I had. The second session was so great I felt like dancing.

All of these guys do what we call "drive-by" practices which means surgery is done in outpatient "shared" facilities where Matteson gets a day or morning a week, and other DRs take the other days. For example, the Stone Center operates off of University Hospital making a full hospital right next door. That's cool for me but can be disconcerting for some.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '20

Dr. Salvatore has the worst bedside manner of any Dr. I ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

Puzzled
Feb '20

Ouch, not good for a prostrate exam.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Feb '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.