When we die...

Where do you think the spirit or energy goes?

Monty
Aug '17

Nowhere.

Eperot Eperot
Aug '17

Re: When we die...

The way I'm going I am sure of my destination!!

I'm kind of hoping we come back over and over until we are the best we can be....what ever that might be??? Then we live for eternity in what our perseption of heaven is.

littlelu littlelu
Aug '17

I'm hoping I get my pets back

Skippy Skippy
Aug '17

Kind of a deep question LOL....I think we come back, until we get it right.

citychick
Aug '17

Ditto, Skippy :)

Jules Jules
Aug '17

Hopefully somewhere where I can watch them deal with all the crap I left behind ;~}

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Aug '17

We come back so do our animals❤️

Summer Summer
Aug '17

It stays in the same place as now - only then you know where you are....

I'm with Eperot on this one.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '17

ditto to nowhere

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '17

Re: When we die...

Joins the Universe.

Interesting talk by someone who had a near death experience. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qX803D_cofI

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '17

Watch "The Story of God With Morgan Freeman". It is EXCELLENT. You can watch it On Demand on Xfinity.

My spirit will be in a much better place embraced with Jesus.

positive positive
Aug '17

Positive do you care if Jesus was a real person, he would definitely be of a darker skin color?

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Aug '17

Everybody is wondering what and where we all came from.
Everyone is wondering what and where we're gonna go, when the whole thing's done.
Some say once you're gone, you're gone forever, some say you're going to come back.
Some say you'll rest in the arms of the savior, if in sinful ways you lack.
Some say that they're coming back in a garden.... bunch of carrots and little sweet peas.. think I'll just let the mystery be.
Some say they're heading to a place called Glory, and I ain't saying it ain't a fact, but I've heard that I'm on the road to purgatory, and I don't like the sound of that.
I believe in love and to live my life accordingly, however, I choose to let the mystery be...

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Aug '17

the lights and the life are gone and we may or may not go on we must wait for that day to find out
so I say be your best love the ones you love to day
be well every one and hope that what you want your after life to come true
Blessed be to all

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Aug '17

If the souls come back, where the new souls are coming from for the growing population?

Embrace it as you embrace live. It is a cycle. I am not saying not to be sad but don't dwell on it. The cycle of life and death surrounds us on this planet. This topic has been the fodder for many peoples' quest for a "religion."

Osho has some good things to say on this topic. In no way to I present the following as answers, just perspective:

https://youtu.be/20jZW1Ak94g

I'm a traditionalist. If you were good, went to church, followed the rules, you go to heaven. If you were bad, broke the law, an atheist, etc.... you go to hell. Simple.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Aug '17

ok, tough, heavy, subject we got here, and we all come into this discussion with hard set points of what we each think/believe is true or false, so i will try this without going all holy-roller-biblical on you guys who think it's a lot of hoo-ha over nothing.

I believe that the life energy/spirit/soul leaves the confines of the physical flesh in which it is contained (our bodies) and goes to become part of the great universe. The exact form, process and function of what that looks like quite frankly is beyond my pay grade. I do firmly believe that there is more to this world than meets the eye, and for me, it is not given to us to understand the totality of the cosmos and all that it contains and how it works. Yes science gets us ever closer and that's all very good , but i think that there are things around us that our 5 senses cannot fathom. We can't tune them in, although there are some individuals who get little glimpses now and then, which gives us a tantalizing inconsistent and therefore unconvincing snapshot that 'something' else is going on, but still our 5 senses in the 4 dimensions of space and time keep us limited in what we can see, feel and actually know. There is much more to this world than meets the eye . . .

caged is spot on as usual, thanks for that one man, if only we could all do that on a daily basis,

if anyone would like to continue this conversation in person , please feel free to PM me at any time, i would be more than happy to speak with you one on one.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '17

Turn it up REAL loud!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swIcX57vYDI

littlelu littlelu
Aug '17

Brotherdog...did you ever catch the HBO series called " The Leftovers"? Based on your post, you may like it. The plot is similar to your views (I think). The first time I saw it, I was a little confused and bored. After another try? Now I can't STOP watching it...LOL. Every time is something new, I missed. Little hints, foreshadowing, twists and turns. At first, I didn't feel closure, on the finale. The more I thought about it, the more appropriate it became and I finally got the feeling of closure, for the ending.
Every single person, all 7 billion of us, are going to die, yet it's the most feared and unknown subject to our senses. Me? As long as I can avoid suffering.... death doesn't scare me one bit. Dying does.... just don't want to be there, when it happens... hmmm... how can one possibly manage that? I'm VERY curious, what's next....

Aug '17

Hey. Before I saw the light, I didn't know about living either. Hasn't slowed me down one bit and I never looked back :>)

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Aug '17

sparks - no, never heard of it, we're not HBO people over here, (we travel to a different beat) but will check out and see if the library has it on dvd. thanks

pretty cool song, (new one for me) here's the link to the 10,000 maniacs version of "Let The Mystery Be" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhN24p6Cfrs

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '17

Earth to Monty, come in Monty......Monty are you there. You start a topic without giving your opinion. This is internet sin. Post your opinion or end up in internet hell.

"Believe there is a great power silently working all things
for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest"
- Beatrix Potter

hktownie hktownie
Aug '17

Your synapses stop firing and you are no more.

Pragmatist Pragmatist
Aug '17

Going to go to the place that's best, going to the Spirit in the Sky.....

ghost ghost
Aug '17

pragmatist, are firing synapses a physical mechanical process? Is the spirit also just physical? What becomes of it when the body dies?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '17

Rebecka -
Interesting video.
Agree with the comment about the food.

happiest girl
Aug '17

1988LJ
If you look at our life, the Earth is the hell.

Gotcha, Brotherdog. We're not HBO people either. Just got the promo. If I don't cancel it, after the promo, our cable bill will be $328.00 per month, or some crazy amount.
Hey! You gave up my secret, with that Utube video. I wanted everyone, here to think I had some talent. Now my credibility and career is ruined. You'll be hearing from my attorneys. Oh... wait... I think that was on the psych referral forum, a while back. Never mind. See what happens when the subject of death comes up? LOL!
I absolutely LOVED that version, you posted. Never knew it existed.I can't thank you enough. Made my day :)...Utube has so much cool stuff! Now I see why people watch it so much.

Aug '17

I am going to a place that's been prepared for me.

Old Gent Old Gent
Aug '17

Me too Old Gent! Looks like it could be sooner than later considering the way things are lining up in the world. +

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Aug '17

Amen, Old Gent.

Megan Megan
Aug '17

I hope my soul meets the souls of my parents, relatives, and friends who I miss deeply.

mike l mike l
Aug '17

Yes, amen Old Gent and Spring Fever!

There is no shame in being a believer...

positive positive
Aug '17

I took Old Gent's answer to mean he already has his burial plot.

happiest girl
Aug '17

I don't think so happiest. I think his comment had to do with his spirit beyond burial.

Isn't that what's this thread is about?

positive positive
Aug '17

Happiest Girl, It is in John 14 vs 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Old Gent Old Gent
Aug '17

OK Old Gent. My misinterpretation.

happiest girl
Aug '17

No shame in being a believer of whatever your heart says. But also be aware that your beliefs may be 100% incorrect, just like everyone else. Go with your gut is the best choice even though all of our choices (religion, science, etc.) may be wrong...

Unrequited To The Nth Degree
L Wainwright III

Oh when I die and it won't be long
Hey you're gonna be sorry that you treated me wrong
Yeah you're gonna be sorry that you treated me bad
Hey and if there's an after life I'll gloat and I'll be glad

Might be a plane crash, or some sort of OD
Hey there's going to be a photograph with my obituary
You're gonna see it and you'll cry
You're gonna wanna wear black
Hey I'll be dead but you can bet your life, I'm gonna get you back

I'm tired of being left up on your shelf
I might not wait around, might kill myself
Not only would you miss me, but you'd feel guilty to
Oh I'd be dead but it'd be too late the joke would be on you.

(sing-a-long)
Ha ha ha ha, ho ho ho ho
Chuckle chuckle chuckle chuckle
Snigger snigger snigger snigger
Guffaw Guffaw Guffaw Guffaw Guffaw Guffaw
Yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk

So you better take warning, start treating me good
Start doing the things that I think you should
And you better not pout and no you better not cry
The grim reaper is a-comin' to town and I just might die

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Aug '17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Q3EZVwD9c

My troubles are many, they're as deep as a well
I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell
Swear there ain't no heaven and pray there ain't no hell,
But I'll never know by living, only my dying will tell,
Only my dying will tell, yeah, only my dying will tell

Exactly ijay!
I do not have this conversation with people anymore. I used to be a "church" person and believed what was being fed to me.
To each their own, but I personally decided to walk away from all of that.
I think sometimes people are so strong in their belief or religion that they never consider the fact that they may be entirely wrong.
So I would agree, go with your heart and whatever YOU choose to believe as far as what happens when we die.
If someone does not have the same belief as you.....respect that and move on. No need to challenge them and then give a bunch of bible verses to "prove" that they are wrong. Same goes for non believers.

1000000+ JRT.......I really love that.

I was, as a child, raised in the "First Assembly Of God" church......I left there as soon as I was old enough to make that choice. For a long time I didnt know what I believed until one day, long after my grandmother died (who was the closest thing to a saint that I knew) a "door to door" type religion called on me and I spoke with them....Many people told me I was nuts for talking to them but they taught me something so valuable. They told me that my grandmother is in hell because she was not a JW.......from that day on I truely believe that while my grandmothers Methodist reglion might not have taught exactly whats going to happen.......I know dam well that there is no way a beautiful soul like hers was in "hell".........I don't preach what I believe or don't believe, as a rule, I never bash anyone for their beliefs.....even if I 100% don't agree.......I try to do right.....but no way perfect and do wrong a lot....but I try.
With ALL the organized religions in the world, I just can't dig the "if your not this" your going to hell stuff........Live and let live.......try to love they way I want to be loved....i try to be as honest as I want others to be honest with me........and time WILL TELL..

One last thing, I really do dig everyone's differences........makes life so much more interesting....

littlelu littlelu
Aug '17

Brotherdog...since you sent me that link, I now have all "The Leftovers" music to listen to, during my morning computer time. Hasn't been a great summer, for me, and being able to hear this music, every morning, helps me feel a little better. It's little things, like this, that can make a change in another person's life, now matter how trivial it may seem to others. I don't go on the computer much, (gee... ya think?)..LOL
Thanks again, my friend. You made my mornings a little more brighter!

Aug '17

you are very welcome sparks, glad to be of service,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '17

i think positive, old gent and spring fever, are onto something significant on this one, and i am willing and available to talk with anyone who would like to further this conversation in person, there is a lot to unpack on this subject and there is good guidance that can be found for folks who ask . . . .

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Aug '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.