RIP Jerry Lewis

Thanks for the memories.

The Man The Man
Aug '17

Bummer....

Jeez, I'm shocked.
Back in the day ( 60's-80's) his Muscular Dystrophy telethon was an INCREDIBLE effort on his part.
Raised huge $$$$ and also awareness. Got all of his Hollywood connections to participate.
"Union ABC from the trash haulers union pledges $5,000".
"Joe Blow from Jersey City pledges $50. And on and on for 3-4 DAYS!
Guy woul stay up for, like 3 days STRAIGHT- and beg the network for more time ( they gave us another hour,... we have another 1/2 hour)...
He was to the Telethon like Bob Hope was to our troops.
I know I'm dating myself.
A LIFE WELL LIVED!
Lotta spirits shooting the $hit in Heaven tonight- and Gods laughing his tush off.
RIP.

Stymie Stymie
Aug '17

Sad. Rest In Peace. He did a lot of good for others.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Aug '17

I always enjoyed his movies while growing up and his commitment to "his" kids through his Telethon is the stuff of legends. It's a shame he had so many health issues in later life. For all he gave, you'd think the wheel of Karma would have been a bit better towards him.

I imagine France will have a National Week of Mourning.

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '17

Great man. The MDA director's statement said it all. No celebrity has done more for a single cause. My brother was one of Jerry's kids. I remember going to the telethon in Philly during the 80's. Hoping one day they can eradicate this terrible disease.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Aug '17

A man who has done so much for his fellow man he has showed us all what we can do to better our lifes and world blessed be to him may his spirit sor high thank you Jerry and others like you (danny Thomas)

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Aug '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.