State parks

Hey Gino here, just wondering if anyone else is pretty annoyed about how unkept deer park is? The road going to the main parking lot is absolutely destroyed. I didn't know I was going on a roller coaster ride when I simply wanted to get to the parking lot. I could barely drive my car down it. Once you enter the main Parking lot, the second road is in no way able for a vehicle to drive down it that does not have 4 wheel drive. I guess I learned that one the hard way. It just doesn't make sense that the state calls this a state park if it's almost impossible to get to. I am sure there are many elderly people that would love to see that lake back there and not have to walk 3 miles to do so.

It's really important to make your comments known to the Dept of Parks and Forestry. It's the only way to get results!

Alicia Alicia
Aug '17

The state parks have been severely underfunded for years now. If you visit any State Park you will notice all types of things that are in disrepair. It is a real shame that the state does not better fund the true jewels of NJ.

2 cents 2 cents
Aug '17

State of New Jersey is Broke .

Owe to much to teachers pensions, Christie's helicopter maintenance, cleaning beaches so folks can swim in fecal waste on over 40 + beaches.

Lets see what the rain brings next.

Steven Steven
Aug '17

Every action in life is never in isolation. Excessive compensation for public workers, then more taxes and/or less money for other things like parks. But hey, these are natural areas and they can be brought back with money infusion in the future...

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.