Old magazines

I have very old editions of National Geographic I'm talking from the 1940's through like the 1980's does anyone have any use or suggestions on what to do with them or how to go about selling them??

Check eBay for "Sold" items and you will see if they worth anything. Pay attention if they are sold in lots or individually and what their condition is.

I've sold some old magazines on Ebay before, but there are so many on there, and they don't sell for much, that it's usually not worth the effort, unless it's a particularly rare or desirable issue. And Nat Geos are simply too common and not overly desirable. You could end up spending hours photographing, posting, and shipping one magazine, all to get $5.

Personally, I think it's often better to donate them. Go on Ebay and print out some listings for similar magazines that sold. Average the prices. Multiply that by the number of magazines you have, and donate them to a non-profit that will take them. One shot, you get rid of all of them and take a tax write off.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Aug '17

JerseyWolf - many charities don't accept magazines, some specifically say - no National Geographic. Most of the time I give away magazines by posting on FB or Freecycle. Sometimes art teachers take them for projects.

Put them out on your front yard and young adolescents from the 1950s will take them for the nude pictures.

realitycheek realitycheek
Aug '17

Lena, I realize that many charities won't accept them. And I can understand why. But all you have to do is find one. Even if it's only going to give them to little kids to cut up and make art projects, or to an animal shelter to line litter boxes. As long as it's a verified non-profit, you can still get a receipt (and the tax write-off).

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Aug '17

Put them out on the curb... maybe some neighborhood kids will take them off your hands in hopes of getting a peek at some boobies, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Aug '17

Thanks all!!

Inde1
Aug '17

I donated all mine to an art teacher to use for collages and such.

Krystie Krystie
Aug '17

I haThe NGM from 1935-1960 that saved,all neatly packaged for safe keeping. When i got around to the same idea as you.I did all the research and the worth very near "O"
The painful reality is most likely the "recycle".

geedo geedo
Aug '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.