Organic & Vegan Offerings

The trend in these two directions continues to move forward.
I saw a commercial today for "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" having a Vegan and Organic product.
This will be a continuing direction as I see it, which is a very good thing.

happiest girl
Jul '17

That is great. Shop rite has a lot of organic food and vegan frozen items. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Gardein products.

A good day
Jul '17

We've been using Smart Balance buttery spread instead of butter. Low cholesterol, gluten free, no trans fat, 60% less saturated fat. We love it..really tastes great.

Pretty sure vegans can eat this.

positive positive
Jul '17

I just found out Mama's Cafe Baci has vegan & vegetarian meatballs and sausage. Has anyone tried them? I wonder if they make it themselves or if it is a bought product.

happiest girl
Apr '18

why wouldn't you just ask the restaurant ???

I am sure they would offer a sample .

Steven Steven
Apr '18

Yup. They are Good!

Htown Htown
Apr '18

Noticed in Shoprite's flyer that Jiffy corn muffin mix now has a vegetarian version!!
And my eyes almost fell out when I saw in the flyer ......White Castle Vegan Slider !!
I don't think I could ever eat a White Castle burger .....LOL ....... but again, the trend of vegetarian and vegan food is permeating the country which is a very good thing.
:)

happiest girl
Oct '18

I don't even know what they would put on a White Castle vegan slider...a pickle? Everything in that building feels covered in lard.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Oct '18

Veganism entering a White Castle is kind of like granite countertops entering trailer parks... the trend is OVER, baby.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

If you are looking for a great place to eat Grounded For Life Cafe in Clinton is amazing!!

Summer Summer
Oct '18

Thanks for that, Summer. I did not know about that place -- the menu looks amazing!
Yes, in the USA alone, veganism has increased 500% since 2014.
And then there are the vegetarians as well!

happiest girl
Oct '18

There’s a lot of decent stuff in Weis, Shop Rite, etc. Veggie Heaven in Denville is really good for vegetarian/vegan Chinese food.

Patrick O. Patrick O.
Oct '18

Panan Room has vegan wings, delicious! Sub shack has a vegetarian sub, have to try it.

Sammy Sammy
Nov '18

Can someone explain to me how food at grocery stores are organic? It's hard to wrap my brain around it.. how do they keep the bugs off??

Carolyn27
Nov '18

Kyma (Greek Restaurant) in Somerville has several vegan / vegetarian things on the menu. They even have a vegetarian Moussaka (not sure if it's vegan) and Spanakopita, zucchini fritters, tabouli, bulgur, and cous cous salads, etc. Very good service. Greek coffee was excellent ....... our Greek waiter took great pride in making it.

happiest girl
May '19

"Pierogie House" has Vegan Pierogies.
145 Morris St, Morristown.
Also traditional pierogies and other Polish food.
Small platter has 5, large platter has 9.
Enjoy!!!!!!

happiest girl
Jun '19

Sorry Iman, I like the White Castle vegan sliders better than their standard belly bombers, they seemed to have cracked the code.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Jun '19

Psssssst..... organic farming is a hoax. Get smart people.

Soups on Main also has Vegan soups....

dismom dismom
Jun '19

Does anyone know where I can buy canned jackfruit? (packed in water)
There are recipes for using it for such things as vegan pulled pork.

happiest girl
Oct '19

I’ve bought fresh jackfruit from Verdi farm market in Budd Lake a bunch of times,they usually have it, and it’s cut into pieces and is sold by the pound.

Top Quality Asian market in Parsippany has canned jack fruit, I think the one in East Hanover does, but I've only bought it once at Top Quality.

Trader Joe's has canned jackfruit.

Snowball Snowball
Oct '19

And now we have The Unwhopper!

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '19

And White Castle vege sliders.

Life is good!

Oct '19

White Castle, Impossible Burger and with other fast-food vegan offerings, it's best to check to see if they are grilled alongside their meat partners.

For reals For reals
Oct '19

I heard taco bell was thinking of using beef.

Oct '19

I had an impossible burger 2 times recently and was so impressed. I would not have guessed it was not meat. I can see why people are buzzing about it.

friendly mcface friendly mcface
Oct '19

Loving Hut in Ledgewood has been closed for renovations and is under new management. They are supposedly opening tomorrow -- Friday Nov. 1 -- and will offer 20% discount for the first week of the grand opening. I'm calling first to make sure they're open.
ALL vegan food.

happiest girl
Oct '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.