Land of Make Believe

I am new to the area and looking for things to do with the kiddos (ages 5 and 8).

We are all interested in checking out the Land of Make Believe. Was wondering what thoughts you had on this day trip. Is it worth the money? Would the kids enjoy it? (Age appropriate???)

Catmom4
Jul '17

Is this a nice place to go? The website makes it look really nice, but I would rather have people's personal experiences

Catmom4
Jul '17

I don't have kids and make it a point to plan a visit every year with my friend and her two kids, who are about the same age as yours. If not for anything, the water park is great on a hot day! However it does get a bit crowded on the weekends.

Michelle O Michelle O
Jul '17

Perfect for that age group and well worth the money since you can bring in your own food. Best time to go is during the week..too crowded on the weekends.

My daughter is 26 and she still loves to go there.

positive positive
Jul '17

Check out the Lakota Wolf Preserve
http://lakotawolf.com

I was there on Monday with my 3 yo granddaughter who had a blast! It was crowded but not too bad.
It's great that you can bring in your own food but if you chose to buy it there, it is not horribly expensive.

My eight year old hated it. I would say six and under

cat lover cat lover
Jul '17

I've been there multiple times over the past 20 years with family, friends and school trips. This is a very family friendly place and can easily be done in less than a day with your 2 young ones. However, it's fun enough to stay there from open until close. Bring your suits and towels and enjoy the water park too. Enjoy!

Concerned Mom Concerned Mom
Jul '17

Love Lakota Wolf Preserve..very educational. They have other animals there as well..don't remember all of them, but I do remember the fox. A nice gift shop and campgrounds too.

positive positive
Jul '17

I'm almost 30. I go every year with my friend and her 3 daughters. This year it was our 5th annual trip. The oldest girl is 7 and the youngest is 1 and a half. The girls love it every year. Water park is a blast for all 3. I even enjoyed the lazy river. Go on weekday. Pack a picnic lunch. And get there around 10am. It's a fun day trip!

Tutorgirl234
Jul '17

We have gone every year since my girls were little, even at 10, my oldest had a good time. She spent a lot of time on the water slides, and there were still a handful of 'bigger kid' rides that she liked. My little one loved dressing up and being in their 'play'. We always went midweek and brought our own lunch. I am sure you kids will have a good time. Enjoy!

Has anyone ever gotten a season pass from there? How does it work...do I have to bring ID? Is the only way to purchase at the window? Do they take a pic and put it on the pass? Any other answers would be appreciated! Thank you for the info!

Kip - we have season passes. No ID necessary. You pay for the pass the first time you go, they take your picture and then you pick it up as you leave. Then each time you visit you show your pass and they give you a wristband.

Not sure if you can purchase anywhere other than at the window. They only accept cash and Discover.

I wrote this up a few times and with-a-grain-of-salt == it was over a decade ago....

I'd say up to age 13, depending on the kid ---- some get bored a few years earlier.

Belonged for a number of years, used to call it our "swim club." Sad that they still don't offer a deep discount for grandparents. Would have liked to bring mine....or use them to watch kids :>) but too expensive for just that.

Back in the day...the beauty of the pass was, sure, we got our money's worth, but more important was we could part-time it. Many a time, if I could get home a bit early, we would head up for the last half hour or hour. Crowds low and we just did a quick in and out.

Days with thunderstorm threats were good too; lower crowds but pending weather didn't matter to us at all.

Same on the week-end, but different. Often while family was in Church, I did my "Christian" duty and went up at opening, walked in and put our towels down on a chair in the wading pool. It was Home Base. There used to be the culture that if you had a towel down, the chair was reserved. Even though we have a brood, I took one chair on reserve, not a total pig. When the kids got home from Church, Mom stayed home for me-time and off we went for a mid day romp. Stayed a few hours and left as the crowds built.

Also had a rule for these quick hits that the kids could ride one or two rides ONLY. Still remember watching those little minds budget their finite resources. Pretty easy to declare four ride day after they expended their budget for Dad-of-the-day status.

Wasn't exactly rough duty for me either. Back in the day, I could get there with kids, sit on my chair, close my eyes and not worry a bit. Did demand they stay together in a group and check in regularly though. No loners. Never an issue.

As they got older, I often got off my chair and drifted down the lazy river to cool off while I was there. Turns your hair blonde though.

Have fun and hope that helps.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jul '17

We love the Land of Make Believe! The older the kids get, the less interested they are in the rides...but the water park is awesome for all ages! My kids are 14 and 10 now, and we pretty much spend all our time at the water park now.

Good family fun, clean, and well-maintained. And you can bring a picnic lunch if you don't want to buy food, which I think is awesome!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Jul '17

If you have older kids better go dorney park

cat lover cat lover
Jul '17

It's that time. If anyone has a coupon they are willing to give up or trade from the kid stuff book please let me know. Thanks!!

*new email that why I put the 1 after my name.

Cherie1 Cherie1
Jul '17

Cherie do you have the book?

cat lover cat lover
Jul '17

We make an annual trip. Now we go for the water park. Close, cheap and we love the fries:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Jul '17

Yes I do catlover. We usually go as a group so any help is always good.

Cherie1 Cherie1
Jul '17

I forgot the fries, they are good. Hmmmm, could be a thread.....

Jul '17

Does anyone know if there are discount coupons available anywhere?

TTT for coupons pls! It’s a great little place but a bit overpriced at the non-coupon price .

Consigliere
May '19

you can't just make believe you have some?

We have always loved LOMB and they have been expanding the water park over the past few years.

Also try Great Wolf Lodge, Camel Back, Aquatopia.....

Geeey Geeey
May '19

LOMB water park is outrageously crowded. We went on a Thursday and it looked like every kid from Paterson under the age of 12 came on the same day.

Edit: that’s not a racial profiling statement-there were 8-10 busses parked that said something about some school in Paterson.

Consigliere
May '19

Sounds racist to me.

They host school trips. That bothers you?

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
May '19

How is that racist?

Nosila Nosila
May '19

Every kid from Paterson......

How about a bunch of kids.....

And the mere fact that he had to say he's not profiling.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
May '19

I agree Botheredbyyuu2

4catmom 4catmom
May '19

But if the buses said Paterson it makes sense.

I suggest not going during the week now through the end of the school year. It a big end of year field trip destination for schools

Nosila Nosila
May '19

Hahaha! If the kids had been on buses from Chatham and he said that there would have been no reaction but because a certain group is the population of an area...

Better watch out snowflakes summer is coming and you might melt!

Discount coupons are in the KidStuff books that the schools sell. I have never seen them anywhere else. As a local we just buy the season passes for just over a hundred dollars each. 3 trips and they are paid for. Last year we would go some days for only a few hours, others all day. We were there so much the staff knew us by name :)

School trips are during the week in May and June. They are open for the public WEEKENDS ONLY starting Memorial Day weekend (including Memorial Day Monday) thru 3rd weekend in June. Open for the public EVERY DAY from June 15 thru Labor Day. The Park will also be open on the weekend after Labor Day.

On weekends and holidays it can get really crowded, 2500+ people some days. During the week it's quieter and easily a great place to have fun during the summer.

Sirya
May '19

Saying a group of kids is from Patterson is racist event though all the buses had signage that said they were from Patterson?? Wow, ya's all better adjust your liberal outrage meters, they are seriously off-kilter

GreyHawk GreyHawk
May '19

Didn't realize Paterson was a type of race.

Parent of 2 Parent of 2
May '19

Yeah, what race is Paterson? Confused.

Calico696 Calico696
May '19

Sounds like the person pulling the race card is the one stereotyping people because the person said Paterson

Nosila Nosila
May '19

I honestly think they said there’s a lot of kids here and they are under 12 and there are lots of buses from Patterson.

Someone else, myself included, said other things.

But let’s discuss further......
Was a shark just jumped?

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
May '19

Just wondering if they will open the rides with a reduced admission if there is no water park

Spring
Jun '20

Amusement parks are scheduled to open July 2. You should just call about rates.

For reals For reals
Jun '20

I believe they will open the entire park July 2nd including the water areas. Tickets will be limited each day however.

I do love the park, used to be season-pass holders, we called it our Swim Club..... Mom went to church, Dad slept. After church, Dad went to park, Mom napped. Little did she know that Dad could fall asleep while kids ran amuck feeling very safe and secure. Old school park. Good times.

Jun '20

Everything you need to know is here:
https://www.lomb.com

For reals For reals
Jun '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.