Local Window/Insulated Glass Unit Repair?

I want to get the Insulated Glass Units repaired in a couple of home windows (the seals are broken and they're fogging between the window panes). For various reasons, it's not practical to replace the windows or even to replace the existing IGUs. There are companies that come to your house and do such work, but I have been unable to locate one in the area. (Maybe Warren County Glass could do it, but they are retiring and closing up shop, very soon.) Has anyone had such work done and have a company to recommend?

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Jun '17

We used Jack's Glass, Rt 31 Washington. We had the same problem with a large casement window with 4 individual windows. They had broken seals and very foggy. Called Jack's, they came out, measured, made the replacement glass windows, called to install. Very pleased with their work and the windows are fine after a few years. Financially speaking, much cheaper than replacing.

justwondering justwondering
Jun '17

JerseyWolf

Depending on how old they are and the manufacturer, you may be able to check their website and get free replacements if you have your original receipt. If not, it's still worth a shot, since some places will actually send you a complete replacement window or two if you have the model number and size, etc. I'd check there first, just in case!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '17

If they are Castle windows you have a lifetime warranty.....I've had the same thing replaced a few times in windows and a sliding door.

Wait- Warren County Glass is retiring/closing? Poo....

Blackcat Blackcat
Jun '17

Yes, WC Glass is closing, in the next couple of weeks. I think they've been there almost 30 years. They helped me solve a lot of problems, over the decades. They will certainly be missed--but I wish them all the best in their retirement.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Jun '17

Shocking that his employee did not pick up the business ----- or someone.

Guess I am looking for a new shop too.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jun '17

need to get a few windows fixed - not the glass - they crank open but then wont close completely.....can anyone recommend someone?

Now that WC Glass is no longer in business, any recommendations for local screen door repair? Thanks.

mike l mike l
May '18

Matt’s Glass
Rte. 206
Flanders.

Stymie Stymie
May '18

warren county glass is still in business - it has changed hands - have used them several times... very happy!

Is Warren County Glass now in Stanhope?

mike l mike l
May '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.