Oxford Furnace Lake

Anyone know if you can pay with a check to sign up for a membership to Oxford Furnace Lake?

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Jun '17

Update: they do take checks!

Jun '17

Wondering if anyone can offer advice on going there on the weekends. Website says it's open 11-6 with lifeguards and open rest rooms. Is it hard to get a table with a grill on weekends. Are the grills reserved for those with a membership? I used to go there for a picnic after the day crowd left, but never went during the day.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '17

Tables are not reserved for members. You should get there early if you'd like one on the weekend. During the week there are plenty available. Weekends are usually pretty busy.

Enrsjr Enrsjr
Jun '17

You know there are beavers and muskies in that lake! I wouldn't swim there, scary!

Jenny Jenny
Jun '17

My daughter was there yesterday said it was gross, but then again she's used to salt water pools. LOL

Mickey Mickey
Jun '17

Just the thought of swimming in a lake gives me the willies. LOL

Oxford Lake is great for boating, fishing and hanging out, you don't have to go in the water. It's very scenic there. They now do kayak and paddle board rentals too.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '17

Plus I read they closed Swartswood Lake due to bacterial algae that made kids intestinally sick. I will never swim in a lake so gross.

http://www.njherald.com/article/20170627/ARTICLE/170629988

Mickey Mickey
Jun '17

Well la de da...

Jun '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.