Real Estate attorney

Looking for some recommendations on a real estate attorney. I searched and the results I saw are years old. The current one I am using to sell my home was great 5 years ago but not anymore. Need to find someone else for when we buy since there is no way I'm going back to them!

Thanks

uppedjk uppedjk
Jun '17

Just used Jane Paftinos....wonderful wonderful person! Her office is by Fulton Bank down by IHOP...her number is, 908 852 4500. Trust me she is wonderful as mine was no easy task and she got it done for me!!!

Htownforever Htownforever
Jun '17

Margolin & Neuner in Hackettstown.

We just sold our townhouse recently and they were the attorneys for the buyer. I handled our side of the closing myself, but they were really wonderful to work with, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them in the future.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '17

Using Jane Paftinos now for a closing. She is the best around. Very nice and understanding. Has your best interest. Would highly recommend her and her paralegal Mike is great to. 908 852 4500

BEVBIGHEAD BEVBIGHEAD
Jun '17

Rob Greenbaum

Icicle Icicle
Jun '17

I've used various attorneys for closing over the years, at this point I always recommend Jon Fahey, he is very responsive, and works hard for his clients. I just did a closing with him Thursday. Highly recommended.

http://faheylaw.net/Real_Estate_Attorneys_-_Fahey_%26_Fahey,_Attorneys_at_Law/Home_Page.html

Denis Denis
Jun '17

I've used Charles Lee out of Panther Valley, Richard Keiling out of Blairstown, and Bob Stiles out of Hackettstown. Charles was cheapest but that was in 2009 so he could charge more. Richard Keiling was the most expensive out of the three and that house we did end up buying in that end. Bob Stiles we used in selling a house, I dealt more with Marianne in his office who was great to deal with. His son also works with him.

My mother and sister have used Alicia Ferrante (I think that is how you spell it) in Newton.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jun '17

I used Jane Paftinos when I sold my home. I recommend her. She saved me money, while my realtor acted like he worked for the buyer.

maja2 maja2
Jun '17

Stay far far away from Richard Keiling.. very expensive, did nothing to help me with the buying of my house and didn't even attend the closing even though it took place at his office, he sent some random paralegal no one knew who the person was

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jun '17

Mark Aronowitz. Absolutely fantastic attorney and led us through every step of the way, as well as thoroughly explained absolutely every little detail. We we're kind of a nightmare case with so many issues popping up with closing. He called us multiple times during the evening, even once at 830pm on a Friday. Try finding another attorney with that level of care towards his clients!!! He was also very calm, level headed, and very honest. Even our realtor now highly recommends him to his clients.

We had a TERRIBLE attorney the first time around that did nothing but say 'Heres the sellers response. Please advise.' Wait...you work for us, and YOU should be advising US! Having Mark as our attorney the second time around was the best thing we ever did.

For a real estate attorney, he is a flat fee (at least when we hired him he was flat rate, not sure if that changed or not...this was last year). He was a little on the expensive end, BUT well worth every single penny. Absolutely phenominal attorney.

Quail Quail
Jun '17

Walter Stringer!!

Question:

What is the average cost for an attorney to handle a closing on a house ?

Thnx in advance.

Steven Steven
Jun '17

I think mine was $900, but saved me more than that. The realtor just kept telling me fix, pay, fix. The lawyer was a better negotiator.

maja2 maja2
Jun '17

Steven, you can expect about $1,000 flat fee, on average.

For the seller, maybe less. In New Jersey, the buyer's attorney and closing agent handles most of the closing work.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '17

Mona Ressaissi at Margolin & Neuner. Their # is 908-852-7811

Lauretta Farrell Lauretta Farrell
Jun '17

I've paid between $850 and $3,500 for real estate attorney. It will vary on the transaction.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jun '17

Just closed two weeks ago, paid $1,550 for my attorney but he and his assistant were top notch. Worth every penny for peace of mind.

I should also the higher amount one was because we had the buyers from hell that caused nothing but problems.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jun '17

Does anyone have any recent reviews for real estate attorneys to use?

Enjoy Enjoy
Mar '18

June 2017 is recent in the real estate world.

maja2 maja2
Mar '18

Not necessarily. Bob Stiles was mentioned, and he has since retired.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Mar '18

Has anyone had any experience with Nicole Lenar. Or any new recommendations for someone in Hackettstown?

Grascal
1 week ago

Nicole Lenar is useless. Not impressed and will never use her again.

Mindfulness Mindfulness
1 week ago

973-927-5100
Jack Winarski

Itiswhatitis
1 week ago

I second Mindfulness. Do not waste your time with Nicole Lenar!

Curiousgeorge
1 week ago

I agree with the above--I personally recommend against Nicole Lenar. I also wouldn't hire Richard Keiling, in Blairstown, or Rob Greenbaum, in Allaumchy, both of whom were mentioned above.

Unfortunately, though I have had dealings with several local real estate attorneys, I'm not really impressed with any of them, so I don't have anybody that I can highly recommend.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
1 week ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Real Estate attorney
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.