Wicker Chair Cushions

Wondering if there's an easy way to recover wicker chair cushions. I don't have a sewing machine, but can sew a little by hand and can use stitch Witchery, lol. I need to make 3 cushions and most places online sell in sets of 2. They all would end up costing almost $100.00. To complicate it, I'm looking for something with purple in it which narrows my options. I'm not looking for perfection, just a cushion for my chairs. My thought process is to buy outdoor material, trace the pads I have allowing a little extra space for sewing. Sometimes I have an idea that does not work as well in real life then it did in my head. Hoping someone can offer some advice if they did this kind of project.

Bessie Bessie
May '17

You could buy the fabric you like and take the cushions and new fabric to a seamstress, if you don't want to tackle the job yourself. A person who does tailoring/hemming could easily sew a few pillows. Might take a while if you tried to do it by hand, and I don't know how durable the stitching is with stitch witchery.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '17

http://www.bhg.com/shop/furniture/wayfair-ma1855.html They have a large selection and all prices. I have done very well with them.

Old Gent Old Gent
May '17

I used pillow cases. Just had to sew one end shut.

Happycamper Happycamper
May '17

Happy Camper, I thought of that but they're on my porch so I wasn't sure it would work.

Bessie Bessie
May '17

If you decide to tackle this yourself (and it's pretty straight seams, you should be able to do it!) I suggest making a paper pattern first and even doing a dry run with an old sheet so if you make a mistake or need to adjust, you won't be using the final fabric. The suggestion to use pillow cases is a good one...maybe a sham would be heavier fabric and more what you are looking for? Extra fabric could be tucked under and safety pinned at the back of the cushion where you won't see it. And you can remove it easily for laundering. Good luck! (I do love a project, myself) :)

LVMomOfBoys LVMomOfBoys
May '17

I recently needed new cushions for my wicker set. I found some at marshalls on rt 57 that worked PERFECTLY and they were inexpensive. they do still come in sets of 2 but I needed 4 so it worked out well for me. I hope this helps some.

Felicia Felicia
May '17

Christmas Tree Shop in Rockaway Mall usually have some nice one's at reasonable prices.

marjon marjon
Jun '17

Fran's Basket House in Succasunna does custom and recovery of wicker furniture cushions as well as regular sofa cushions.

Mickey Mickey
Jun '17

HomeGoods is where I got mine... A set of 2 for 19.99. Don't recall if they had purple though.... Can always get 2 sets and just have a spare cushion in case you ever need it :)

Terry P
Jun '17

Going to give Homegoods one more try today. Decided I could go with something that goes with purple and save myself a lot of work, LOL. Someday I'm going to recover those cushions, maybe not now.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.