Memorial Day Parade

I've heard one town (I think it was Harding Township) has canceled their parade. Any decision on Hackettstown's?

Parental Unit Parental Unit
May '17

Hackettstown has always marched rain or shine.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
May '17

If you're subscribed to the PD nixle alerts you would get one if for some reason it was cancelled. But Walking Girl is right - they've marched in pouring rain in the past.

What time does it start ?

Htownnj
May '17

What time is it actually supposed to be under way ? (Not just line up but the real parade?) weather might break and be ok.

Eperot Eperot
May '17

Ten am is supposed to be the start.

Njchia Njchia
May '17

People are definitely here!!! It's on baby!

Scottso Scottso
May '17

Our soldiers fought in much worse than rain so bless them and the freedom we have to march, rain or shine!

I was there, standing in the rain. It was much shorter than other years. I guess a lot of groups opted out due to the weather. But it still was a great parade. But there have been years that it was canceled due to inclement weather. Not too often, but I remember at least twice. irun, I agree with you regarding our troops having to fight in much worse weather and then not having a nice warm dry home in which to go afterward. That's why I was there!!

Parental Unit Parental Unit
May '17

I can remember one year helping to make a huge pile of tissue flowers to decorate the parade wagon for my daughter's Girl Scout troup. It poured rain that year just like yesterday, the tissues lasted about 3 seconds but the girls still marched on.

hktownie hktownie
May '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.