Cheap outdoor activities

Any suggestions for cheap outdoor activities in the area? Willing to drive up to an hour! Anything such as a cool hiking spot or outdoor bars/eateries. Group is young adults over 21

Adventureseeking Adventureseeking
May '17

high point state park

hoag
May '17

Downtown Easton is a cool spot. Lots of bars, Farmers Market on weekends. Shippen Manor has free concerts on Sundays starting soon.

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
May '17

We like Lambertville/New Hope for shops and eating. One of our favorite hiking places is Pyramid Mountain.

happiest girl
May '17

Merrill Creek Reservoir.

http://merrillcreek.com

Calico696 Calico696
May '17

Tubing down the river, canoeing, hiking the gap, festival season is coming up, beach, fishing, paddle board rentals on lake Hopatcong, and I'm sure many more

Nosila Nosila
May '17

On Waterloo Road up in Byram, across from the road into the FT Zone- great bicycle/walking path. Old Erie Lackawanna R.O.W.- past lakes and streams some old bridges, all the way up to Cranberry Lake-lots of nature-FREE! (And close)

Stymie Stymie
May '17

Columbia Trail for hiking or biking (has a 1% grade because it used to be for RR)

Stephens Stare Park for hiking, fishing and picnicking on the Musconetcong, They even have their own grills.

Camping is on site as well and is a cheaper and more fun activity than a hotel!

Definitely check out the breweries in town if you have not already. Czig Meister on Valentine Street often hosts events like paint and pint nights, yoga and beer, etc.

Manskirt on Main Street is equally as good as well as Jersey Girl in Budd Lake!

Paulinskill Trail with a stop at the Blairstown Airport for breakfast at Donna's Runway Cafe.

Blackcat Blackcat
May '17

"Definitely check out the breweries in town if you have not already. Czig Meister on Valentine Street often hosts events like paint and pint nights, yoga and beer, etc."

Although the breweries are awesome and I highly recommend them, I would not classify them as cheap by any means. Their beer is pricey. Worth it IMO, but pricey.

Calico696 Calico696
May '17

As long as you aren't worried about driving about an hour, there is the Palisades interstate trail. It's a really nice trail along a cliff that hugs the Hudson river. You can look out and see the city skyline, but yet you are among the trees it's really cool. You get a really up close and personal look at the George Washington Bridge too, and there are plenty of places to eat in the area when you're done. You can even drive couple of miles up the road and take the ferry across the river in to the city.

GetOverYeself GetOverYeself
May '17

Merrill Creek and High Point are great for wildfowl viewing and hiking. Another best kept secret for hiking is Teetertown Preserve between Hackettstown and Califon. All have nearby access to outdoor eateries. Califon's Brasserie 513 is very good.

Glenn Glenn
May '17

I'm surprised no one recommended Schooley's Mountain Park, only minutes from Hackettstown. Hiking, fishing, baseball field, BBQ areas, very large gazebo for groups.

Jtlnj1 Jtlnj1
Jun '17

Worthington State Forest rents stand-up paddleboards and kayaks on the Delaware river, from what I remember the prices are reasonable.

https://www.facebook.com/WorthingtonStateForest/

2 cents 2 cents
Jun '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.