Blue Streaks

What's happening with the Blue Streaks? Seems like a lot of turnover with the coaching staffs in a lot of different sports, including some winning coaches. And seems like this years teams are not quite having the same success of past years? Just a blip in the road? Everybody else catching up? Or is there a problem at Warren Hills high school???

Blue 4 Ever
May '17

Maybe they aren't having the same success because of the entitlement that everyone gets a trophy so they don't care how they play. I would be more concerned with the level of education that is coming out of the school and not what the teams records were. The education will get you more out of life.

washingtondad washingtondad
May '17

washingtondad - You hit the nail on the head, with both your entitlement comment and academic comment. Plus I think too many kids are focusing on just one sport instead of being a well rounded 2 or 3 sport athlete. Also, in terms of size, we don't grow them like we used to. Biggest kid on the o-line is barely 6 foot and weighs 215 lbs. Biggest kid on the basketball court is 6 foot.

townie148 townie148
May '17

And now ... there's an Assistant AD at Warren Hills??? Why do we need to pay for another admin person??? Who agreed to add to the payroll???

Blue 4 Ever
Jun '17

Asst AD? I heard a couple weeks ago that they cancelled all sports at the Middle school and all Freshman sports (except football and volleyball) for next year due to budget constraints.

washingtondad washingtondad
Jun '17

Freshmen sports have been cancelled, middle school sports have NOT been cancelled.

townie148 townie148
Jun '17

That is very sad to hear, from a former WHHS parent. We pay enough in taxes. Hopefully they can figure something out.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Jun '17

Middle school sports and freshman sports are currently on the chopping block if the budget isn't passed in November according to the budget presentation available on the district website. I do not know if that will impact the Fall 2017 sports since the season will almost be over when we go to vote.

We are getting closer and closer to a pay to play sports world in our schools. Shame shame shame on any school or govt that let's this happen....

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Jun '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.