RIP Roger Moore

Spent many a summer in my youth watching his Bond films.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
May '17

Took me a long time to get through his Bond films, too... not sure if it took three months, but some of them certainly felt like it (-;

RIP, Sir Roger... hopefully you can start drinking martinis again.

ianimal ianimal
May '17

Longest Bond player ever!

I remember sitting with Mom watching The Saint. Got there early to be able to see the halo and hear that beautiful rift. Defined dapper. Hope the Pope watched and will move to make Roger a real saint since he has been The Saint for so long :>)

Cheers Roger. We will keep watching.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
May '17

My favorite Bond! RIP Mr. Moore.

Calico696 Calico696
May '17

He was good. Had the best sense of humor of all of them. RIP.

Although his movies were current at the time I was growing up (the only Bond movies I watched at first), when I saw the older ones (with Sean Connery) and new ones, I still think Roger was a better fit (via looks, persona, etc.) for what James Bond (British secret agent, with a License to kill) meant to be - RIP Sir Roger Moore !

Connery vs. Moore vs. ---- nah, we don't want to go there. Each star has his own special treatment as do the scripts, plots, and even technology.

But I will give Moore the best Gremlin stunt ever..... Might be the only Gremlin stunt...

strangerdanger strangerdanger
May '17

I first started watching Moore as The Saint. Watched it with my parents.

As a kid into sci-fi, Moonraker was my favorite Bond movie of that era.

emaxxman emaxxman
May '17

One of my first crushes!
He got to have 89 years.
(Hope I do too)
He will Always be James Bond for me.

How eerie, I just found my rated R Cannonball Run VHS tape yesterday and watched it. Recorded from HBO in the 80s. Little degradation but Roger Moore had me laughing! "I'm terribly sorry mother but you know too much..."
Thanks for the memories

THE James Bond. Farewell Sir. /salute.

Scottso Scottso
May '17

Agree with iJay, he brought good humor to everything he did. RIP

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '17

Moore was my favorite Bond guy...very charasmatic. I had a little crush on him as a kid.

positive positive
May '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.