Lost Cat-Rigby (REUNITED)

Lost Cat-Rigby (REUNITED)

He's been missing since last night. He is VERY friendly and will come to his name, Rigby. He has a collar with his name and our phone number. He lives on Madison St. Between Church and Moore.

I just drove around about 4 block radius and didnt see him. He MAY be stuck in someones garage. Like I said he's friendly........PLEASE we have four two legged family members in tears........

littlelu littlelu
Apr '17

OMG I just heard him meowing from inside my house...........but he was outside. I went out and followed the meo's..........he was inside a neighbors garage.........OMG how I heard him only God knows.......THAT is his last day/night outside!

littlelu littlelu
Apr '17

Great news!!!!

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

Had one do that! Keep all mine inside for past 20 years now. A lot easier on the nerves.

Dansker Dansker
Apr '17

Glad to hear he is home!

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '17

Mine went "missing" the other night. I was up all night worrying about him. I checked every room in the house, called for him outside. I was so upset and worried. When I came downstairs in the morning there he was in the kitchen waiting for his breakfast. Apparently, he went to sleep under my sons bed and opted to ignore me all night. Little stinker! :-)

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

He is a beautiful cat, why let him outside and then worry where he is ..such a busy area you live in too. Keep him inside, too many cars outside as it is.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Apr '17

An inside cat is the only kind to have.
Have had in/out cats. Lost 2 to tragedy.

SO glad you found Rigby!

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Apr '17

After seeing you yesterday at our yard sale and hearing all about Rigby, imagine the surprise to be reading about him the next morning....

I know there must be one much happier household now that you found the poor guy. Sugar & White Shoes are glad to hear it all turned out OK. All's well that ends well. ;-)

Thank you all....

GC that was one of the first things I thought of, our conversation. lol.

When we got Rigby he was a stray.....he'd been living outside for a long time. While our other three cats stay inside and are quite happy, Rigby would be miserable. As it is if we don't get to the door within a few minutes of him sitting by it he meows and meows.

Sometimes I have to be self-less and put him first. I would rather have him happy and perhaps not live as long as our other cats, then have him with me, living longer but being miserable.

I just can't force this cat to stay indoors like the other 3, who by the way don't even try to get out.

There are some things worse then dying..........like being caged up. Plus my Rigby climbs trees like a squirrel........and is fast as lighting........

littlelu littlelu
Apr '17

One more thing.........Nature Lover......

Rigby is so much more like a dog then cat at times. When we are outside with him he follows me. I tell him to stay and he stops in his tracts......He plays fetch with sticks...and will bring them back to me....and he always comes when we call his name. I worried right away because he always comes when we call him in and we always have him in by dark. It was only because he was trapped in the garage that he didnt come. We've had him for the last 4 years and this was the first time we had a scare.

I guess I could ease my worry by making him a miserable cat and force him to stay inside.......hmmmmm

littlelu littlelu
Apr '17

I agree littlelu!

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

littlelu - I agree as well. Forcing some cats to stay indoors can be miserable for you. As it is, my littlest and youngest pounces on me to wake me up, just before dawn when it is still dark outside, begging to go out...how does she know I have farm chores to do, which she follows me around to inspect?

DannyC DannyC
Apr '17

I have to disagree. I have 4 cats - 3 came from outside - they do love to be on my deck - under supervision - though it's high off the ground - but they are far from miserable and I always know they are safe - I love them too much to risk having them encounter a car, a fox, a coyote or diseases from other homeless cats...........

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '17

Guess we all have different ideas.......

DannyC....too cute...to bad you can't teach her to do some chores. lol :)

littlelu littlelu
Apr '17

littlelu - Actually she does help with chores: After cleaning up and feeding the goats, sheep and rabbits, I put out hay for all of them. She pounces on the hay, spreads it out nicely, and licks all the animals. She has her own work agenda. Love this little helper.

DannyC DannyC
Apr '17

If they are in/out cats already, then nothing you can do. But if you get a new cat, keep em inside.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Apr '17

Botheredbyuu2 - I agree. My cat was a stray from outdoors, and would drive me nuts if I tried to keep her indoors. But when she does go outside, she only likes to stay by me, so I am not worried about any harm coming to her, especially with my loaded Glock, handy for any vermin attackers.

DannyC DannyC
Apr '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.