My uncle the angry hoarder

My uncle is a horder and if I tell him or try to help him get rid of things he gets so angry and makes this growling noise I know it's weird I'm about to give up and he will drowned in old egg cartons and wawa soup cups any suggestions

Rocket man
Apr '17

Hoarder
Sorry

Rocket man
Apr '17

I think I know your uncle. He's the one that eats meat loaf sandwiches and drinks pickle juice. And makes those weird unexplained noises. Last time I saw him he was watching finding Bigfoot while petting his chicken. Crazy dude

The vivking The vivking
Apr '17

Yes that's him he has been saying that it's his last year on earth for the last 15 years but he's still alive i think the more he hates on things the more energy he gets I have seen him eat chicken while petting a chicken yes he's nuts

Rocket man
Apr '17

First thing you should do is ask him to give back your commas and periods.

I tryed not happening

Rocket man
Apr '17

I give you a lot of credit for trying to help your uncle. Helping a hoarder is much like dealing with a addict. I'm no therapist but there is usually a trigger or major life event that causes a person to hoard. Once you know why he is hoarding it will give you a better understand of how he sees life. There are therapist that deal with hoarders which maybe very helpful to your uncle.

Good luck!!!

Joe C. Joe C.
Apr '17

This is the most fascinating thread I have ever seen on HL since I started following it in 2011.

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Apr '17

Geting him to a therapist would be close to impossible. He would just tell me that's for the weak and back in Vietnam there was no therapist in the ditch with him so he dosent need one now . He was gored bye a bull and after that was never really the same . I was hoping someone had or has a relative with the same struggles so they can relate and point me in the right direction. This may seem like a joke but it's far from it . He is very old and very tough . I often compare him to the general character in movie full metal jacket. All your positive feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Rocket man
Apr '17

He has been shot twice while hunting there are many tragedies in his life . When I was young he would dunk me in my grandmas swimming pool until I cryed and would say he's making me tough. He would also line all us kids up make us run from the barn to the chicken coop and throw a flat basketball at us and laugh he would call the game run deer run . I've had some good experiences with him so I can't just let him hoard himself to death. If you dropped him of in the middle of a swamp with nothing he could survive for years . He was born on a mountain raised in a cave basically. A lot of you pry know him please keep his name private he will try to drowned me again thank you .

Rocket man
Apr '17

Why was he messing with a bull?

Apr '17

Wait a minute...this isn't the guy that does the polar bear plunge in the Musconetcong is it? The one who eats breakfast every morning at DD and takes his dentures out to drink his coffee?

Apr '17

No he will not go to dd he says the profits go to isis and he truly believes that . He has teeth I've seen him drag a deer out of the musconetcong in January with no shoes or pants on because he didn't want to get them wet .

Rocket man
Apr '17

He was trying to load bull on a truck didn't work out he almost died

Rocket man
Apr '17

Hmmmm, kind of sounds like the same kind of thread as the wild turkey thread. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '17

yeah, that was my truck, please tell him i want it back, without the bull on it, he can keep his chicken and his flat basketball, i don t need them as i have my own.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '17

He once parallel parked a train. His landlord uses him as a reference. He's on the upgrade list for flights he hasn't even checked in to. He speaks French. In Russian. When a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there, he hears it. The dark is afraid of him. Bigfoot tries to get pictures of him.

yankeefan yankeefan
Apr '17

Hoarders keep everything. It makes them feel like they are in control of things. It's hard to make them change. Their reasoning is very different from most people's.

It is helpful if you can get them to try something new- even just going for a walk around the block helps.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.