Bill O'Reilly - Fired

My father-in-law is gonna be pissed lol

Scottso Scottso
Apr '17

Bye, Felicia!

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Apr '17

The scrubbing of a thousand loofahs cannot wash away the bile he has spewed across the airwaves. Good riddance.

Matt D Matt D
Apr '17

wonder how many resumes they got?!?

dang - ain't that a shame

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '17

I think it's a wise decision on Fox's part.
It was a bit over-due though.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Apr '17

"The scrubbing of a thousand loofahs cannot wash away the bile he has spewed across the airwaves. Good riddance"

So then fire all the hate filled hacks at CNN and MSLSD also and that's most of them.

Delta Delta
Apr '17

Damn! He's my dad's favorite. He watches every night. I even got him a signed copy of one of his books. He's going to be so disappointed.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '17

2 hours of tucker anyone? the only thing keeping him employed was his huge ratings and sponsorship. Once sponsors pulled, there's no reason to keep him. He is a world class jerk face of the highest caliber.

Interesting tidbit - the lawyer representing Wendy Walsh (the woman accusing him right now in the media) is Lisa Bloom, who is Gloria Allred's daughter. Same Gloria from the DNC emails colluding with the Hillary campaign. She also fabricated the "underage victim" of Trump that was a complete hoax staged by Norm Lubow.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/07/donald-trump-sexual-assault-lawsuits-norm-lubow

The one who was going to give a press conference but then lied citing "threats."

Jezebel reported that information about the alleged rape was being shopped around outlets

http://jezebel.com/heres-how-that-wild-lawsuit-accusing-trump-of-raping-a-1782447083

Lisa Bloom is basically the propaganda chair for the DNC - liberals are tolerant Delta - there could not possibly be any hate from CNN lol.

skippy skippy
Apr '17

About time they got rid of the bloviating bastard.

Also agree with this:
"So then fire all the hate filled hacks at CNN and MSLSD also and that's most of them."

If anyone finds an ACTUAL journalist somewhere, be sure and come on to HL and let us know where, because I think the breed may be extinct.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Apr '17

I agree Jeff... great first step....

pmnsk pmnsk
Apr '17

The end of an error. Now hopefully they will get rid of Rachael Maddow and Anderson Cooper. Sorry, LBGTQ's they both suck (whatever)

DannyC DannyC
Apr '17

They are on Comedy Central and HBO.

Apr '17

Hopefully prison next with all of his funds from his book sales going to his victims.

FredFinger FredFinger
Apr '17

Just a sign of our times. Some come out of the woodwork looking for easy money from the rich. Look at Trump, and he is now our President. Look at some of our congressman. We have pretty low morels in our leadership.. So it is in Caesar's world.

Old Gent Old Gent
Apr '17

He'll probably wind up on Sirius radio with the other losers...

justintime justintime
Apr '17

Danny, were Rachel or Anderson chronic serial sexual predators? Your comparison is ridiculous.

Yankeefan Yankeefan
Apr '17

nobody accused him of being a predator- just harassment which is bad enough and I can absolutely see those words coming out of his mouth. There were no accusations of assault sexual or otherwise that I'm aware of.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/business/media/bill-oreilly-fox-news-allegations.html

skippy skippy
Apr '17

Let's remember, Fox doesn't care about women here, they didn't fire him for what he did, they fired him because he:
A) No longer had any sponsors so he wasn't bringing in money
B) Created a media firestorm where fox was taking tons of negative press (Has fox ever gotten positive press?)

I hope he ends up in prison, right next to Trump. You know sexual assaulters don't fair well in prison.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Apr '17

And he spent murdochs money - that certainly didn't help. I know you would like to make it a hate crime but what he did created a civil liability not a criminal offense. Holy social justice batman

skippy skippy
Apr '17

Regardless of your beliefs if O'Reilly was the nasty predatory animal the evidence and allegations suggest he needed to go.

Skippy, I don't believe a physical assault (a la Cosby) is required to be characterized as a predator. He used the power of his position to coerce women into sexual relationships... the implication (a la Ailes) that it would be good for their careers. Or harmful if they declined. He demonstrated a longstanding pattern of this type of behavior. Interesting that Trump (same category) defended him.

yankeefan yankeefan
Apr '17

So...

"sexual predator" Bill O'reilly needed to be fired (and some say, go to prison),

but "sexual predator" Bill Clinton was just falsely accused by a bunch of "bimbos."

OK.

I'm sure the fact the O'reilly is a republican and Clinton a democrat have nothing to do with it LOL

And before someone starts in with "Trump!!!", no one is defending his behavior, either. But apparently democrats are allowed to have lacking character and be sexual predators, while republicans are not... interesting...

Apr '17

“You know, I am sick and tired of the negative, dark, divisive, dangerous behavior of people who support Donald Trump,” - HRC

skippy skippy
Apr '17

While I 100000% agree there is NO PLACE for ANY harassment (sexual or advances) during, related to, and/or occur on the firm's place, [and FIRED ...not so much further persecuted...depending of course], I however DON'T SEE he did ANYTHING WRONG any other guy would do to simply try get a girl (companion, date, quickie, etc....in a 'legal' way of course), especially since he's just as FREE (divorced 2011) to do so.

Other than that, I wouldn't dwell or further protest his continue make a living on cable, radio, online, news article writer, or any other viable way to live, move on, with himself.

There's so much worse people......The Tennessee teacher abducting the young student, Bill Cosby drugging upcoming actors, etc. - So unless more and then found guilty of any "criminal/illegal" offenses of his actions, he was good or at least in the right on what he did and built/presented himself as or being a "Political Commentator" during his career.

Many people are always so quick or initially judgmental ready to "Hang", "Fry", throw people to "Burn in Hell", without giving the person a chance to *after known did something wrong*, do something/make it right, or (at least learn to) don't do that again.

LetPeopleRedeem LetPeopleRedeem
Apr '17

Never liked him! Should have let him go sooner.
Danny C - couldn't disagree more regarding Anderson Cooper. I think he's the best!
Now there's a real gentleman besides being excellent at his job.
Sounds like you have some homophobic issues. Very sad.

Joyce Joyce
Apr '17

JR you are a really funny guy LOL. To make a point you bring up Clinton from almost 20 years ago. What O'Reilly was just made public. Clinton was in the past and O'Reilly's predatory actions are now.

Do you have a problem calling out O'Reilly or do you just go after people you do not like?

Jono,

I think some remedial reading classes are in order: I SAID it was about time they got rid of him. I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the left YET AGAIN... you guys can keep saying "that was the past" all you want, facts are facts: the left gave Clinton a pass for his sexual transgressions, and want to crucify anyone on the right for the same.

Apr '17

My favorite Bill O'Reilly moment ever. DO IT LIVE! What a tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HyZ5aW76c

Scottso Scottso
Apr '17

So I saw Bill O'Reilly - Fried.....

Still worked.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Apr '17

Yankeefan and Joyce - I disliked Bill O'Reilly after he started to promote his "killing" books, starting with "Killing Kennedy" which was totally inaccurate BS. FoxNews gave him way too much latitude by even producing movies of all his "killing" books. I was just saying that Rachel Maddow, with her vibrator rant and Anderson Cooper (I probably should have cited Chris Mathews' "thrill up my leg" instead) are sexually explicit statements on the air, and it disgusts me. Are these egomaniacs of the non-journalistic media any less worse than O'Reilly?

DannyC DannyC
Apr '17

I'm with you guys though - he needed to go. I just hope we get more Tucker

skippy skippy
Apr '17

The Onion reports on O'Reilly's last day in the office...touching.

http://www.theonion.com/article/bill-oreilly-tearfully-packs-framed-skirt-photos-d-55818

yankeefan yankeefan
Apr '17

Wait, Clinton cheated on his wife, but he didn't assault anyone that I know of...am I wrong?

Apr '17

"Wait, Clinton cheated on his wife, but he didn't assault anyone that I know of...am I wrong?"

According to the victims, yes. He was accused of rape.

"Juanita Broaddrick accused Clinton of rape; Kathleen Willey accused Clinton of groping her without consent; and Paula Jones accused Clinton of exposing himself and sexually harassing her. "

Apr '17

And he was impeached...so...therefore...

Apr '17

YF, you post an awful lot of Onion pieces - are you aware that their stories are complete fabrications, playing on the emotions of those desperately seeking validation for their politics by using the psychologically-manipulative tactic of playing on the emotions of their readers?

Here's a link of my own to a site that claims to quantify the tactics used by The Onion (and many others too). I find the information very, very interesting but at the same time disturbing:

http://changingminds.org/

Read the disclaimer page to understand my reservations
http://changingminds.org/and/caveat.htm

justintime justintime
Apr '17

"And he was impeached...so...therefore..."

Bill Clinton was impeached on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice.

If Trump performs an impeachable offense (since sexual misconduct and attack aren't, according to democrats a la Clinton), I'm sure the democrats will start impeachment proceedings. Might have to wait a couple years, and see if they gain control of one of the houses...

Apr '17

Danny C..do not consider Anderson Copper an egomaniac by any stretch of the imagination! Even if he said anything sexually inappropriate on TV, which I seriously doubt, it in no way, shape, or form compares to the sexual harassment by the pig O'Reilly! So glad he got fired!! Hope his reputation is ruined for the rest of his life - just feel sorry for his family and all the women who suffered his abuse.

Joyce Joyce
Apr '17

Not that it makes it ok they were compensated millions of dollars - I'm sure they'll be fine

skippy skippy
Apr '17

Skippy - What can I say? People who are fans of Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews and Anderson Cooper but are haters of Bill O'Reilly (I just dislike him) will never change, irrespective of any evidence in opposition to their positions.

DannyC DannyC
Apr '17

JIT, you can't be serious...The Onion pieces are fabricated? You sure?

At least you are consistently obtuse. Compliments.

Yankeefan Yankeefan
Apr '17

What's your issue lately YF, can't find any kids to beat up on the middle-school playground ;-)

justintime justintime
Apr '17

Ha ha nice

skippy skippy
Apr '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.