Looking-to-Buy Thread -Townwide Sale

With Townwide and Garage Sale times approaching and thoughts of downsizing in our minds..., I would like to dedicate this thread to those of us who are looking to buy particular items you HLers might just happen to have to sell or just want to get rid of.....

I am looking for 6 X9 or small area rugs...solid colors..red-blue or green and
a light weight canister vacuum cleaner

Joyful Joyful
Apr '17

A 5 wheel desk chair with arms.

Old Gent Old Gent
Apr '17

I thought someone was going to do a lot of sewing, lol.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '17

I am In need of a five wheel desk chair with arms. In repairing mine, I broke my hip last year when falling out of it.

Old Gent Old Gent
Apr '17

Old Gent - Go to the end of Collegeview during the town wide sale. You'll have your choice.

Bessie - You never know do you? ;-)

For me my town wide yard sale item I'm searching for will be a gas grill, 3-4 burners. My current one is showing age and I likely will give a shot at letting it go during this year's sale.

"Old Gent - Go to the end of Collegeview during the town wide sale. You'll have your choice."

109 College View to be exact. :-)

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '17

I'm looking to buy an old blender that I can use in the garden for eggshells and other soil-friendly stuffs. I don't want to shell out for a new one at a store since I'll be using/abusing it outside.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Apr '17

I'm looking for a small wing chair.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '17

I have both the blender and the chair at my sale

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '17

I'm looking for $$$! That's all I need. Lol!!

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Apr '17

Ziggy - Which chair? The one I was asking for, or the one Old Gent was asking for?

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '17

I'm looking for a 5 drawer white dresser - tall one, horizontal

wbeleno wbeleno
Apr '17

I'm looking for a Nintendo 64 that works

teena teena
Apr '17

Looking for drapes or curtains. width is open length at least 84". Neutral color but open to others.

infogirl
Apr '17

Tupperware

positive positive
Apr '17

What type of Tupperware?

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '17

Calico sorry.....old gents. But I do have a chair with wooden arms and flowered upholstery kinda the type you'd find in a hotel

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '17

I am looking for a riding mower, inexpensive! Its ok if it needs some repairs!

iKnow iKnow
Apr '17

I'm not telling you what I want. This way, when I see it, you won't k ow it has value to me ;)

Consigliere
Apr '17

Twin bed set with nightstand n dresser.. Old baseball cards and tools..

Mr. Tone Mr. Tone
Apr '17

Tupperware for cake, salads, small, medium and large containers.

positive positive
Apr '17

I have lots of Tupperware, Brand new and brand new leftover containers along with new aluminum loaf pans and pie plates. George Forman grill, Easter decorations and lots of wrapping paper, curling ribbon and gift bags. Cleaning out my mother-in-laws house. Will also have all her pots, pans and Pyrex. Just to name a few items

Looking to sell. PlayStation 3 - $75, blue wing back chair. Needs a good cleaning. $20

Cat-I'm very interested in the Tupperware, Easter decorations and a large 3 gallon cooking pot if you have one. Pm me when you have time.

positive positive
Apr '17

Cat, very interested in your Pyrex.

Bessie Bessie
Apr '17

I can sell: Lots of new condition kids shoes... generally bought from stride rite when they went out of business. Two custom cornices for over double windows, floral pattern in deep reds creams and greens...

Definitely interested in the Pyrex too, Cat.

weebiekins weebiekins
Apr '17

Cat, I got your PM and replied but it didn't go through. I will call you tomorrow.

positive positive
Apr '17

I also have Pyrex dishes and Corning ware

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '17

Re: Looking-to-Buy Thread -Townwide Sale

I'm looking for any piece of my set ( picture )

This is a great thread - I hope we can keep this going outside of the yard sale

skippy skippy
Apr '17

I'm looking for an elliptical machine.

Anyone selling hummel figurines?

positive positive
Apr '17

Ziggy, also interested in your Pyrex, Sara, what size Stride Rite shoes, girls or boys? I do have an Actifry that was used once. It's the older one before a lot of other companies started to make them. Also have a rice cooker used only a few times...all things I had to have, LOL. Now I really don't know if I want to do the townwide one myself or go to the sales. Decisions, decisions!

Bessie Bessie
Apr '17

Last time we had our sale, the three things people were asking about the most: 80's video games and toys, jewelry, and musical instruments, especially guitars and amplifiers.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Apr '17

I am looking for a toddler outdoor play set.

Sadie Sadie
Apr '17

Costume jewelry......older stuff. NOTHING real..........I'll buy all of grandma's jewels. ;)

littlelu littlelu
Apr '17

jpic - go to www.replacements.com to identify the pattern. You can either order replacement pieces directly from them, or search e-bay, etc using the pattern name/number.

**I'm looking for an old-fashion pedestal cake stand.

honey badger honey badger
Apr '17

I have 2 cake pedestal stands

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '17

Replacements is in Greensboro not far from me if you want me to look at something and send you a picture

skippy skippy
Apr '17

I like it an on line yard sale cool im looking for cheap running or not roto tiller thanks

Operator Operator
Apr '17

Ziggy - thank you. I sent you a message. :)

Apr '17

Positive- youve got mail

Lwinter Lwinter
Apr '17

Looking for VHS tapes, preferably horror/sci-fi/cult flicks. Also interested in home recordings from the '80s with commercials intact.

Sycamore
Apr '17

Honey badger---sent you pics did you get them ?

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '17

Ziggy , I sent you a message. :)

Old Gent Old Gent
Apr '17

I am looing for a nightstand preferably with drawers if anyone has one

dyljoe dyljoe
Apr '17

Ziggy - no - I did not get pics. :(

Apr '17

Sycamore...I have a ton of VHS tapes. Please message me so I can tell you what I have. and that you might be interested in..Also have a lot of music tapes dating back to the 60's. and 70's...

Joyful Joyful
Apr '17

Old gent I didn't get it

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '17

I will be selling a like new portable generator if anyone is interest.

Sycamore...I have Fortress from the 80s on VHS. Scary in the I can't breathe and swim under a rock while taken hostage kind of way....

10yrtownie 10yrtownie
Apr '17

Pack and play
Toddler girl clothes 2t and up

Abigail's mommy Abigail's mommy
Apr '17

10yrtownie, the Fortress with Christopher Lambert? If so, great movie! I have the sequel too but have yet to watch it.

Joyful, will send you a message! Thanks!

Sycamore
Apr '17

lots of kids clothes, womens clothes, lawnmower, giant dining room table with leaf, other big furniture items and kids stuff at 102 college view drive on april 29-30

Sycamore - I have Fortress from 1985 - definitely a cult flick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_(1985_film)

10yrtownie 10yrtownie
Apr '17

ISO-- STANDING ASHTRAY. My Dad wants one for smoking his Ci-gars outside house bec Mom keeps yelling @him to stop! LOL

NotNuttin' NotNuttin'
Apr '17

Anything civil war related- books, dvds etc. Also Santa Claus's to add to my collection.

John C John C
Apr '17

Silver plate silverware, leather belts more worn then better but must be real
Leather and not bonded with (stitching) along the edge

Firefly Firefly
Apr '17

Looking for old oak pressed back chairs

Joanne Joanne
Apr '17

Bessie, I have many girls stride rite shoes... ranging from 9 to 11....

we have some Santas to sell - John -B to John C

I cannot participate in the townwide sale as I'm currently traveling on business. If anyone is looking for rollerblades, I have a pair that I'd like to sell. They were only used once and are in excellent condition. Size 9.5 (but I'll need to confirm once I'm back home on 5/1/17). Comes with a full-sized tote bag that includes wrist and knee guards. I paid over $150 but since it's just collecting dust in my closet, I'll take any offer over $25. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll confirm the size on May 1. Also, if you contact me, please leave a phone number or email address in your message so I can contact you.

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Apr '17

looking for lawn mower (not an expensive one)

animal lover animal lover
Apr '17

Also looking for barbeque - charcoal or propane grill

animal lover animal lover
Apr '17

10yrtownie, didn't see your link yesterday. I have that one, too! Have yet to watch it but have heard it's good.

Sycamore Sycamore
Apr '17

Looking for:
Dining room table
Sandbox
Boys clothes 9 months and up
Girls clothes 3t and up
Toddler girl shoes size 9 and up
Coin pusher
Claw machines
Toddler booster seat ( high back)

EE mommy EE mommy
Apr '17

Folding tv trays, preferably wood and flat, one or a set is great.

Dansker Dansker
Apr '17

ping pong table- standard size

hktownie hktownie
Apr '17

Buttons......buttons.........and more buttons......old buttons.....new buttons...round buttons......square buttons.........plastic....metal......did I mention buttons!

ANY older costume jewelry.....single earrings........broken pieces as well as whole and intact......even loose glass beads/rhinestones....of course pins, bracelets and necklaces...along with dress clips and shoe clips

ANY crochet or knitting hooks/needles and other sewing/crochet/knitting accessories.....

littlelu littlelu
Apr '17

I will have brand new tools out. Rigid framing nailers, bostitch framing and roofing nailers, construction lights, sockets sets, bits sets, 12ft x 12ft canopies (used for soccer/beach) wrench sets, bosch distance laser, rigid impact driver, ridgid miter saw, walkie talkies, fein multi tool, wagner heat guns, homelite chainsaw and amazon Tap.
Also other misc. items. Might have a riding mower for sale as well.

younggen younggen
Apr '17

Looking for children's motorized
Car.

Htown newbie Htown newbie
Apr '17

Htown newbie - one of big rideable ones, or more of the small toy ones? If a small one does if have to be one of the radio controlled ones? One of the families with our sale has a toy one for a few bucks.

Someone sent me a PM today concerning hummels, but for some reason my email will not let me respond to PMs. I don't know this person's screen name (used their real name), otherwise I'd just click on their envelope.

"M" if you're reading this, can you please disclose your screen name? I will click on your envelope.

positive positive
Apr '17

Selling furniture, snow blower, golf clubs, clothing, books, kitchen items, VHS tapes, lego's , Vera Bradley pocketbooks, glasses, kitchen items and a whole lot more.

14 Laurie Terrace. (Street across from Dairy Queen)

Mariann Mariann
Apr '17

What days, Mariann?

Sycamore Sycamore
Apr '17

Sycamore, sorry about that! Saturday and Sunday -April 29th and 30th - 9-5 .

Mariann Mariann
Apr '17

Good time to remind everyone to put their sale in the HL classifieds. It's the easiest way to get the word out.

GC - a rideable motorized one -...

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Apr '17

Someone was selling one in Long Valley ( I think). It's a black hummer, needs a 6 volt battery

Bessie Bessie
Apr '17

Lawn tractor collection 13 a sorta tractors for parts, tires or what ever all free
21 Shelly Drive

Htown Newbie....I have a battery operated motorcycle for kids that I will sell very cheap...Just needs a new battery..Please PM me if interested..

Joyful Joyful
Apr '17

Looking for an air popper. For popcorn.

Cherie Cherie
Apr '17

Looking for an living room accent chair

Vonne Vonne
Apr '17

Selling house hold items, kids clothing, kitchen items, golf clubs, snow board and a boat (needs a little TLC)

Curb Alert: Free couch and recliner chair

16 Seymour Terrace

Sherri Sherri
Apr '17

I'm looking for a decently-priced washer and dryer in good shape... I have the hookup for either gas or electric dryer. Also seeking any southwestern-style decor. :) A really bright accent chair would be awesome, too!

Heather1 Heather1
Apr '17

Just got back from cat's house and I'm excited on my purchases. Really cute Easter decorations, a very good quality large cooking pot, Tupperware and a ceramic light up jack-o-lantern. Also like to add..cat, her husband and their dog were very welcoming.

positive positive
Apr '17

Always looking for American Girl doll clothes/accessories, and also for Bitty Baby.

Denise Denise
Apr '17

I'm looking for 1 standard metal folding chair, hopefully for free or very little in the way of $. It doesn't have to be in beautiful condition--just needs to be functional. I won't be around the 1st day of the townwide sale so I'm hoping someone contacts me if they have a chair.

squirrelgirl squirrelgirl
Apr '17

Looking for 3 wheel adult bike with basket!

* Also I have printed a handful of the list of homes and map if you need. Free till I'm out.

I also made a better map with streets underlined that are participating, Free with purchase.

So stop and see us!! 413 Lafayette St.

Lafayette Lafayette
Apr '17

Positive, did you get all the Tupperware you were looking for? I have one large storage container, it's round with a red lid. Are you attending the sales or selling?

Bessie Bessie
Apr '17

COME OUT TO:

102 college view drive

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!

I have so much beautiful big furniture pieces:

king size sleigh bed dark brown espresso(no mattress)

dining room table with leaf brown, very nice legs on it

mahogany desk and cabinet with doors to match

beautiful dining room bar/server/hutch

Black marble bathroom sink with matching white cabinet brand new

danburry mint spice jar collection and rack with 3 danburry mint china display plates
Kids

womens, mens and boys clothing

nice stroller that can be attached to a bike or you can run with it!

Power washer that doesn't work, don't know why

Lawn mower needs a part

Snow blower needs a part

4 Koenig rims with tires worn tires

Plenty of women's shoes

Ummmm a lot of stuff people. I have a big front yard it will be filled and my side yard

Please come check it out

My kids will be selling lemonade and homemade cupcakes

Just as a heads up-----
We are located at 101 Hamilton drive which is the lower part of Hamilton drive down by the brook.
We are listed on the map but hard to find because Hamilton separates into two parts
If you're looking
For some great deals stop by!

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '17

CMG it would appear that you are selling your kids :-)

hktownie hktownie
Apr '17

Looking for an exersaucer for an infant

BroadwayNJ
Apr '17

Thanks Bessie, but now I have more than enough Tupperware. I don't even know where I'm going to store it all. Lol.

No yard sales for me...I bought enough yesterday.

Did you get your Pyrex?

positive positive
Apr '17

LOL hktownie - yup first come first serve OBO LOL

Looking for a shelving unit for the basement

Bessie Bessie
Apr '17

Anyone have any musical instruments? I've got a nephew that's really taken to music and is jumping at the bit to learn other instruments.

TigerFan1 TigerFan1
Apr '17

Htown Newbie - Check the corner of Ashley & Cook. There are two cars there.

Selling Rock Band 2 complete kit for X-Box 360. Includes disc, drums/drumsticks, electric guitar, bass guitar and microphone. In great condition.

Jules Jules
Apr '17

Selling queen size matress, box spring and cherry bed. Kincaid "gathering house"....

HEREINTOWN HEREINTOWN
Apr '17

Thanks gc!

Htown newbie Htown newbie
Apr '17

Thank you GC You made a one stop shopping Saturday, for my new desk chair.

Old Gent Old Gent
Apr '17

Selling 12 boxes of galv. Common nails 8 & 10 size

$5

101 Hamilton drive

Will be here today and tomorrow

Ziggy Ziggy
Apr '17

Does anyone have or did anyone see Corning casseroles in their travels today, and if so after all the sales u went to would u remember where??

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Apr '17

Looking for a decent men's bike. It's for my BIL and would be his only transportation so it has to be in good shape. If anyone has one or has seen one please let me know. Thanks

FREE. For those out there who might want these...About 50 or more VHS tapes...including Independence Day, Patsy Kline, Forest Gump, etc. Must take them all,,,Porch Pickup. Please message me on HL Forum for address,. ...First come...first served...

Joyful Joyful
Apr '17

I'm looking for any Nintendo games/consoles, anything Nintendo. Let me know if you will have anything at your garage sale tomorrow!

Nick Htown Nick Htown
Apr '17

Does anyone have a scratching post? I didn't find any in my yard sale travels.

melodee melodee
May '17

Melodee, i have a well-used but still good scratching post. It's a small tower type with sisal and a square of carpet at the base. Let me know if you're interested.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
May '17

On need of a backyard big table with or with out chairs.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.