Spring Clean up in Hackettstown

Is there a Hackettstown Spring Clean up for 2017?

Lucie Lucie
Mar '17

Always check www.hackettstown.net for all town info.

From that site:

http://www.hackettstown.net/department-of-public-works/

SPRING & FALL CLEAN-UP ***
Spring Clean Up items will NOT be collected curbside. Residents are responsible for transporting items
to the Miller Street Fire House on the following dates and times during the listed two weekends: Friday,
April 21, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.,
and Friday, September 15, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, September 16, 2017 from
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PROOF OF RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED. HOUSEHOLD ITEMS ONLY to
be accepted; this does NOT include yard trimmings (grass, brush, branches, etc.), hazardous waste
materials (propane tanks, tires, concrete, asphalt, paint, etc.) or recyclable materials. In addition,
televisions and computer components will be accepted AT A PER ITEM COST: Television sets (except
for console sets): $25.00 each, large console television sets: $50.00 each, computer monitors (any size):
$15.00 each, desktop towers: $5.00 each, laptops: $5.00 each, and hard drives: $5.00 each. For disposal of
these items at no cost please see the website for Pollution Control Financing Authority of Warren County,
www.pcfawc.com, for information regarding the Hazardous Waste Clean Up dates sponsored by Warren
County. Absolutely NO CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS, such as shingles, sheet rock, lumber, tiles,
fence/fence posts, siding, windows and doors will be accepted – this includes any materials related to
home renovation projects. Homeowners involved in renovation projects within their household should
contact the Warren County Landfill, (908) 453-2174, for options pertaining to construction material
disposal.
Anyone handicapped or 65 years or older who is unable to bring their clean up material for drop off must
call the D.P.W. garage prior to the last clean up weekend at (908) 852-2320 to make arrangements for
curbside pick up.

Is there a Spring clean up in Hackettstown this year? If so, where can we get the details on the event>

Lucie Lucie
Mar '17

Lucie, Greg just gave you the details !!

Mariann Mariann
Mar '17

It's like deja vu all over again! LOL

Not to worry Greg - I thing Lucie just had a bit of bad timing and didn't edit her post but reposted the edit instead. You gave the info she was looking for, so it's all good. ;-)

But Greg if you want, I was told by an old employer the correct term is vu jade. Vu jade is the felling you've had deja vu before. ;)

Guys, here is the chance to clean up....I considered last year getting rid of my barkalounger....decided to keep it...might get rid of it this year......I'm not too sure yet..

Hank Arthur
Mar '17

When is clean up this year 2018

Grammie b Grammie b
Feb '18

Spring clean up is at the Miller Street Firehouse

Friday April 20th 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM & Saturday April 21st. 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Fall clean up is Friday September 14th 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM Saturday the 15th 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM

List of events can be found in pdf format here (bottom of the page):

http://www.hackettstown.net/department-of-public-works/

Justintime Justintime
Feb '18

They always seem to do the townwide yard sale the week after the townwide cleanup. I wish they would do it the opposite, so anything not sold in the yard sale could bee thrown sassy in the townwide cleanup.

"be thrown away" Sorry for the typo

I agree Rich!! So many times we have tossed large items because we didn't want to risk them not selling at the yard sale.

Sunshine Sunshine
Feb '18

fall clean up the dates 2019

dolores hvam dolores hvam
Aug '19

All info regarding town clean up can be found here:

http://www.hackettstown.net/

It's also on the HL calendar.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.