What are your favorite talk shows?

Since we have been having a good time recalling all the great game shows that we have watched over the years, thought I would also start a thread on what your favorite talk show is.

There are not as many talk shows as there used to be back in the day, but thought we would have fun recalling some of those as well. I enjoyed watching Sally and Phil Donahue back in the day, and even Ricki Lake.

What are some of your favorite talk shows of all time?

resident08
Mar '17

Johnny Carson! So nice to go down memory lane ... Anything rather than current events and politics first thing in the morning. Loved the Electric Slide in the Lounge, but everyone was still sleeping... I had fun anyway!

Thanks Resident 08!

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Mar '17

"There are not as many talk shows as there used to be back in the day"

I disagree with that. TV is bombarded with talk shows, all day long. Daytime tv and late night. There are even talk shows ABOUT a show you just watched! (i.e. Talking Dead/Walking Dead)

Leno and Letterman were my favorites.

Real Time with Bill Maher

Eperot Eperot
Mar '17

The View and the Talk, daytime shows. Yes, we are bombarded with talk shows, day and night. Used to like Dr. Phil, but not anymore. Still miss Oprah.

Joyce Joyce
Mar '17

The Mike Douglas Show.

Happycamper Happycamper
Mar '17

Going back 40 + years, while I folded laundry, I watched Virginia Graham. Can't say it was a favorite, but I watched it anyway. Sometimes she had some interesting guests.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Mar '17

Phil Donahue and Salley Raphael are the best ones currently

Hank Arthur
Mar '17

Montel Williams

positive positive
Mar '17

Howard Stern. His interviews are candid and fascinating.

Yankeefan Yankeefan
Mar '17

Lol - Dr Phil and Maury Povitch - who doesn't love a good train wreck

skippy skippy
Mar '17

Real Time with Bill Maher. His guests are often very interesting.

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Mar '17

When I was a senior in high school I had a part time job at Ripley's Men's Store at 44th and Broadway in NY. I would get out of school and take the train but my shift did not start until 6pm. I used to walk down to the studio for Mike Douglas and Arthur Treacher to watch the show as part of the audience. It was topical and funny for it's time, sort of a tame Laugh-In, but it kept me entertained until I went to work. Johnny Carson was the best at what he did and always entertained.

Real Time and Norman Lear's Fernwood 2 Night .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernwood_2_Night

MeatPopsicle MeatPopsicle
Mar '17

Arthur treacher old school MK love it - miss the fish and chips

skippy skippy
Mar '17

Morton Downey, Jr and Jerry Springer. They prepared us for the Trump Trainwreck, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '17

Nobody will ever equal Johnny Carson. Fallon is close to having that easy going, natural love of the moment. Mike Douglas was a favorite back in the day.

maja2 maja2
Mar '17

Re: What are your favorite talk shows?

I liked The Dinah Shore Show from the 70's, yeah CBGB had a little teenage crush (blush)

Interviewing Iggy Pop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSHeiMgG-XA

Trevor Noah is doing an excellent job replacing Jon Stewart on the Daily Show. And John Oliver on Last Week Tonight is incredible.

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Mar '17

Can I vote for none? ;-)

Most are just confirmation bias produced in an entertaining way!

justintime justintime
Mar '17

Chuck woolry is doing a good job on love connection...I'm sure he'll be getting his own late show when his contracts up

Hank Arthur
Mar '17

Dr. Phil - except for the shows where he tries to reunite kids with their addicted (newly rehabbed) parents.
Most of his other stuff is good.
I liked Oprah in the 80's.

John Oliver and Dan Patrick.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '17

Real Time with Bill Maher and The Daily show, with Trevor Noah.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Mar '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.