Black and White cat hit by car

On Madison Ave , just passed the middle school there was a fluffy black and white cat that was just hit by a car around 7:30 am this morning. Contact Hackettstown Police Dept. if you think it's your cat. Thank you to a young lady who notice poor kitty and stayed with kitty till police came.
RIP kitty :(

Hackmom Hackmom
Mar '17

We saw the police this morning right outside our house. There's a sweet little Black and White cat we see all the time, I hope this wasn't him, he was such a sweet cat. Either way heart broken to hear :(

KittyKat KittyKat
Mar '17

in before someone blames the driver.

not sack
Mar '17

Please check the facebook page for LOST AND FOUND PETS IN WARREN COUNTY NJ, there is a missing black & white cat picture from Hackettstown.

jenny jenny
Mar '17

not sack......I know how fast animals can dart out in front of cars, so I never blame the driver for the accident. What is upsetting is that the driver didnt stop. There really is no excuse for that.

littlelu littlelu
Mar '17

The traffic around HMS and HHS on a school day morning is unbelievable starting around 7:20. Warren St is backed up all the way to Washington, and cars are lined up along Washington St as well, waiting to turn. Madison is also a parking lot.

It's likely the driver didn't even see this poor kitty between cars at that time of day :-(

If there was ever a true emergency at the High School it would be difficult for everyone to get out with only one access road. I think this has been discussed before.

hktownie hktownie
Mar '17

I'm glad you dont blame the driver. See other threads. So posters think people hit deer on purpose if you can believe that.

If the driver did stop what would/should have (s)he done? If the cat was flat there isn't much you can do.

not sack
Mar '17

Not sack, several years ago I was watching an eagle cam, the ones where you can watch bald eagles raise their babies. Anyway, this nest happened to be by an airport and unfortunately mama bird was struck and killed by a landing plane. Babies were rescued and moved to a rehab center. Anyway, you could post questions about the babies and someone at the center would answer. One person actually asked why the pilot didn't swerve to avoid the eagle. Some people....

Jesse134 Jesse134
Mar '17

Not sack......I think stopping to make sure the cat is still alive and trying to get it help is one thing they could do.

After I checked on whether the cat was alive or not I would call the non emergency police number to report it.

I'm not sure there was anything that person could have done to save the cat, but to just leave without at least checking on it's condition is wrong.

littlelu littlelu
Mar '17

Yep littlelu . That is what should be done. I picked up a cat someone hit and left and that was still alive and drove it to a vet.

A good day
Mar '17

Check on the cat's condition and knock on any nearby doors to try to locate owner.

Thank you to all those who care.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

Sack - Some people on other threads have mentioned they specifically speed up to try to hit animals. It works both ways if you can believe that. There's no way to know what you can or can't do without stopping. So stopping is what a human being does.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.