What are your favorite game shows?

Just read online that Chuck Barris, the host and producer of The Gong Show passed away.

It got me to thinking, what are your favorite game shows, as I loved watching game shows back in the day.

My favorite were the Pyramid with Dick Clark and loved any game show hosted by Bill Cullen.

What are some of your favorite game shows?

resident08
Mar '17

I used to love Name That Tune. 1 vs 100 was good, more recently.

10yrtownie 10yrtownie
Mar '17

Family Feud, hands down, with Richard Dawson of course!

Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, host-neutral!

Jeopardy, The Price is Right with Bob Barker, Match Game with Gene Rayburn... and Press Your Luck (Big money, no whammies, lol).

ianimal ianimal
Mar '17

Jeopardy!!! and don't call me beteeen 7-7:30 because I am not answering the phone.

Lingo was a fun game. with Chuck Woolery of course.

Love Family Feud with Steve Harvey ( gets a bit off color sometimes but so funny!)

Joyful Joyful
Mar '17

Jeopardy. That's it. I should like Who Wants to be a Millionaire because I've been asked a lot of the million $ questions and known the answers right off even without the choices. But I thought they just kept changing the show and never watched regularly.

The family loves Jeopardy,Wheel of Fortune and Family Feud. Great game shows!

goldenretriever goldenretriever
Mar '17

Forgot to mention another great game show I love on Buzzr: Card Sharks with Jim Perry, who also did a great job hosting Sale of the Century as well.

resident08
Mar '17

Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Still watch when I can.

Also liked Concentration - where the rebus puzzle was slowly revealed on the board then had to be solved. Remember this one?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=concentration+tv+show&qpvt=concentration+tv+show&qpvt=concentration+tv+show&qpvt=concentration+tv+show&FORM=IGRE

hktownie hktownie
Mar '17

I always liked Beat the Clock, although I was a child at the time it was on so I don't know who hosted it. Also, What's my line? Another oldie but goodie.

Another one I loved growing up - Scrabble with Chuck Woolery!

resident08
Mar '17

$100,000 Pyramid

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '17

Password, Jeopardy, Pyramid

thecoach thecoach
Mar '17

I miss Concentration, my favorite as a kid

Molly
Mar '17

bowling for dollars and the $99,000 answer

elmer elmer
Mar '17

The Joker's Wild was a favorite when I was a kid; it came on in the afternoon after the Flintstones, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '17

Password- Aristophanes!!

We had the home version of that and Beat the clock-fun!

Hollywood Squares...Paul Lynde center square

Yankeefan Yankeefan
Mar '17

Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Spanning America!

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Mar '17

Love Connection..love Chuck and The Newlywed Game Show...

positive positive
Mar '17

Match Game.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '17

You Bet Your Life ( with Groucho Marx )
If you said the secret Word, the big Duck would drop down; and you would get an extra 25 dollars. Amazing, that show had the first Drop Down, even before the computer.

What's my line? ( John Daley )

I've got a Secret ( Gary Moore )

Embryodad Embryodad
Mar '17

Jeopardy for sure

skippy skippy
Mar '17

Jeopardy! And yes I get almost some of the answers.. Lol

Mr. Tone Mr. Tone
Mar '17

Here are some other great one's I have seen on the Buzzr Game Show Network:

Body Language with Tom Kennedy as the host is a great show, loved Match Game as well with Gene Rayburn and this one is not on Buzzr but loved watching it back in the day - Tic Tac Dough with Wink Martindale.

resident08
Mar '17

Jeopardy.

I used to love Supermarket Sweep.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '17

I loved Supermarket Sweep too!

Wheel of Fortune has always been my favorite and I still watch. I even had the video game for the Nintendo 64, back in the day. :)

Jeopardy is another one I watch now. Used to really like Who Wants to be a Millionaire? and Family Feud, but they have gotten worse over the past few years. Older ones like Press Your Luck (with WHAMMY) and Card Shark were good too.

Jeopardy THATS all

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Mar '17

Lets Make A Deal - Monty Hall Style.

AnneE
Mar '17

Super market sweep and love connection...that pat woolery is something else

Hank Arthur
Mar '17

Yeah that Pat Woolery is somebody else.

Five final Jeopardy's this week and I only got one right. My answers were (mon-fri)
Pius,capris,Avis,Piccolo and Annapolis.

How do our Jeopardy fans like this weeks Champ?? Austin Rogers is quite a character if you ask me and an excellent Champ!!

Another very strong showing and healthy run away for him tonight. He's very good at it, but don't care for his personality at all.

Growing up in the 70s, sick days from school meant game shows from 9-11:30 in the morning. Jokers Wild, Card Sharks, Match Game, Password, Name that Tune, Let's Make A Deal and of course Price is Right. Those were the days laying on the couch (without remote), and hoping you could stay home the next day to see how people did in the next round....

Chef Pilsy Chef Pilsy
Sep '17

Jeopardy I had a friend that was on it. He got past the first night.

Old Gent Old Gent
Sep '17

Hey Jeopardy fans, do you like the new young champion? He kicks it into gear at the right time and keeps winning.
I hope he wins a few more.

Jeopardy and family feud...

BarbaraT BarbaraT
Feb '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.