2017 Roadside Trash

Thank you for posting the independence township May clean up in the calendar!

I will be out cleaning up the roads and rivers once this snow melts.

A good day
Mar '17

You go DEP!!!
Please read- lots of references to local parks and roads.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2017/04/couches_cars_and_chemicals_among_items_dumped_in_s.html#incart_river_mobile_index

A good day
Apr '17

Hopefully Mother Nature will kick these offenders in "the arse."

Island rd from 46 to island dragway serious mess of cans bottles. I think the dragway people should clean up.

A good day
Apr '17

Re: 2017 Roadside Trash

Colombia lake cleanup. Thank you to DEP . Saw great ducks and a beaver there on Sunday.

A good day
Apr '17

Nice day out . If you are a guilty party please note .Keep your trash out of Florence Kuipers park and the Morris canal. Others - come on and help pick it up.

A good day
Apr '17

I loved they outed them hopefully shaming them and scaring others from such boneheaded moves in the future. Probably costs more to find a good park to dump in than it would cost to drive it to the landfill and be done with it.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Apr '17

Great job !

skippy skippy
Apr '17

You go DEP link- Love it! We always think cameras are too "Orwell" scary.
Love that they are catching illegal dumpers who are soiling our parks.
We will continue to pick up our local roadside trash, and protect nature.
--Heads up to the Weekend Piggies at Stephen's State Park and the Jersey side of the Delaware River who leave behind trash and dirty diapers -SMILE! And Sonria! Usted Esta en Camara!

Excellent work A good day!

Lili, Jersey side? I live in Jersey and work in PA, my travel is along the river from both sides and honestly I see much more trash on the PA side.

Sorry, not being biased, but this is what I see every day.

positive positive
Apr '17

Not biased. I haven't seen Pa. side. Would love to see cleanup AND law enforcement Everywhere!

Island rd in Independence township is loaded with beer cans and other garbage . I may ask DPW if they can suggest a way to clean up and also deter the slobs who drink and toss garbage.

A good day
May '17

Whats your method for picking the most trash up per hour without hurting your back?

Scottso Scottso
May '17

Good question. I usually bend over and pick stuff up. I was mulling over a suitable method for this mess on this road. Perhaps involving a snow shovel and a large bag.

A good day
May '17

I am thinking the state should be named the Trash State instead of Garden State, most of the interstates look awful ...where are our taxes going, why can't inmates work on cleaning up. So sad to see so much trash about

Nature Lover Nature Lover
May '17

Air conditioners dumped in brush on Hazen rd. Mansfield. Asked DPW if they could pick them up. Hopefully they will. Does anyone know who did this? Turn them in!

A good day
May '17

As a start, we really need a "Bottle" bill back in NJ! Would be nice if it contained a section to include the styro/paper coffee/drink cups. Put a price of a nickel or a dime on each container, then when there is excess funds in the account, it could be used to fund Park or Roadside cleanups.
I remember as a child collecting bottles and turning them in for CASH!

If it were up to me, instead of a dime, I would make it a dollar, but I think most people would balk at that!

4paws 4paws
May '17

Marty's bike shop is organizing a Waterloo valley road trash cleanup this Saturday, near the Tilcon lake mountain bike trails. Always an assortment of mattresses, building material and other junk dumped back there

kepa
May '17

That is so great! I am sure they will pick up lots of trash and recyclables. Now if we could get Island rd done.

A good day
May '17

I think it's always worst in the spring because people litter during the winter but it doesn't get cleaned up. When the snow melts it's like, wow look at all the trash. It's always happening but is built up.

I go out every spring - before things start to grow - with a couple of garbage bags & pick up for @ a mile on my road. Grab a bag & pick up some stuff. I started doing this with my kids when they were little.

All of Waterloo Valley rd is a trash dump MT OLIVE does nothing about it the police drive up and down to their shooting range so they see it and still nothing is done

Janet Janet
May '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.