Could this be a squirrel nest or something else?

Could this be a squirrel nest or something else?

I believe this is a picture of elite squirrel nest, but I am not sure...Does anyone have any other ideas?

animal lover animal lover
Feb '17

It sure looks like a deluxe squirrel nest for sure.

Squirrels' nest - Knock it down if you can. These rodents do nothing but destruction to your yard.

DannyC DannyC
Feb '17

Looks like he has a plastic roof to keep the bad weather out.

Old Gent Old Gent
Feb '17

From the ground as close as I could get it looks like cotton or wool. If it is a squirrel he is one lucky squirrel.

Feb '17

Looks like he got ahold of someone's patio cushion filling LOL!
Certainly no need to knock it down that's ridiculous.

It's out in the woods. Quite the distance from any houses. Maybe he found a good dump.

Feb '17

will try to copy it and ask my squirrel expert....interesting

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

There's an animal show that uses spy cams inside fake animals- this one was so sad- https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=spy+cam+animal+tv+show&view=detail&mid=C8E6C4AD7A9814729A7FC8E6C4AD7A9814729A7F&FORM=VIRE

They did an episode on squirrels that said a squirrel can bury up to 10,000 nuts per year and they usually can remember and find at least 4,000 of them over the winter. I think some of the other 6,000 are the black walnut trees growing up beside our fence!

hktownie hktownie
Feb '17

Wow...that squirrel looks like he's got a pretty nice set up for himself! Lol

Justsaying Justsaying
Feb '17

yup my squirrel expert says it sure looks like a squirrel nest

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

Well I would say that the squirrel has it made with such a fancy nest. lol Thank you 4catmom

Feb '17

All he needs now is a bird feeder and a satellite dish....

ianimal ianimal
Feb '17

Knock down a squirrels nest that's in a tree???? Why, so he can find a new home in your attic? bwhahahaha

Sorry thought that was silly.

I do agree they can really do damage to a home, but if he's residing in his own house up in a tree, let him be...... :)

littlelu littlelu
Feb '17

Looks to me like Mr Whipple is down a few.

Knock it down? Could be babies in there. For someone that's so interested in raising goats, agriculture and nature, why would you blatantly disrespect a nest in a tree?

positive positive
Feb '17

No sympathy for squirrels. They are vicious, disease spreaders, steal food, kill birds, and can do incredible damage to your home, inside and out, due to their incessant gnawing with constantly growing teeth. If the next generation of squirrels is destroyed, fine by me.

DannyC DannyC
Feb '17

Positive just think of the source when a unnecessary comment is stated. That nest is out in the middle of nowhere. Safe as can be

Animal lover Animal lover
Feb '17

Best guess is to see when type of " debri" is under there, just squeeze it and if it smells like oak, it's acorn based,
As for knocking it down, they don't move far and if not your attic , right on top of your engine where all those wire s sit, leave it be

Ralph Ralph
Feb '17

beware the trolls... just ignore

that's one fancy squirrel home!

pmnsk pmnsk
Feb '17

Better that they live in the nest than in my attic !!

Mariann Mariann
Feb '17

Wow. I Googled this to figure out what the one in my backyard belongs to and wondered too who they stole this fancy stuffing from.

Keitsa V Evans Jones Keitsa V Evans Jones
Apr '18

Dryer lint.

Ruthi
May '19

Ruthi- I agree. I save dryer lint all year for the critters to use for their nesting. I also buy the shiny Easter grass at Easter time. Every March I fill bushes and trees with lint and E grass. In the late fall I love to see what they used. My favorite is the Easter grass because it's still shiny. Fun!

auntiel auntiel
May '19

Anything longer than an inch or so is harmful and not recommended to put out for nests. Birds can get tangled or strangled in the Easter grass or even yarn and such.

Molly
May '19

Really shouldn't put anything not biodegradable out.

Roywhite Roywhite
May '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.