Are there actually people out there who make their bed every morning?

Saw this posted on Facebook this morning and some of the comments were a riot...

.My comment was " I think if I was on my way to the emergency room at the hospital....I would first have to make sure the bed at home was made up before I left!"

Joyful Joyful
Feb '17

OMG yes, usually get out of bed and immediately make it....Hate to get into a messy bed at night LOL..

city chick city chick
Feb '17

I do. I like a neat bed when I get in it at night. Even if I forgot to make it in the morning, I will make it before bed. Also, the dog sleeps on our bed all day while we're at work, so it keeps some of the dog hair off the sheets. She's a stubborn thing though. She likes to pull the covers back and snuggle, and I've resorted to tucking the comforter under the pillows to keep her from doing it.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '17

oh yes! otherwise the cat gets right in there and sheds in MY nest :-)

hktownie hktownie
Feb '17

Yup. Every morning. Just don't ask how often we change the sheets....LOL!

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Feb '17

YES!!! Always & usually husband makes it since he knows how happy it makes me.

Tigger Tigger
Feb '17

Oh yea wife makes it everyday for the past 38 years. I have to tell her when we are on vacation not to make the bed, that is what the folks that come each day to clean the room do, but sometimes out of habit she does. If it was just me, nope it would not get done.

Not in NJ anymore Not in NJ anymore
Feb '17

Absolutely every day. I can't stand to walk past or into our bedroom and see a wrinkled mess. Now since my husband retired, it is his job to make it since I have been doing it for 44 yrs and when he does it for 44 years, I will take back the chore.

justwondering justwondering
Feb '17

I do not know how to make a bed. I toss a comforter and call it made.

This is HL at its finest. Great thread.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Feb '17

I'm so OCD I make the bed before I get out of it...

yankeefan yankeefan
Feb '17

I do make it at some point. Have only been doing it for the past 7 years though. And only make my son's- or have him do it- if company is expected.

Blackcat Blackcat
Feb '17

Yup every morning........just pull up the sheet and comforter.. But never when away on vacation

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

We did all my life, till recently. It is an effort for me now. No one ever comes here now anyway. I have always lived on a one floor level , which means anyone that comes in can see the whole house.

Old Gent Old Gent
Feb '17

Yes - don't like to get into a messy bed at night. Many years ago I got up very early and left my husband sleeping. About an hour later I went back to bedroom and bed was empty so I made it - turns out he went to use bathroom and was going back to bed.

marjon marjon
Feb '17

Lol I make mine everyday...then set the pillows just right...but I have 3 dogs that Love to go on and mess it up the minute I'm done!

So nice getting into a made bed. Do people like getting into a messy bed?

I recall an episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show years ago where Lou Grant was about to host a party, and Mary, showing up first, was perturbed by how unprepared he was. Nothing was laid out, and where were people supposed to put their coats? "Just in the bedroom on the bed.", he said. Going in there, we heard Mary exclaim: "Mr. Grant, you could at least MAKE the bed!"

why would I make a bed? I bought one.

I need the grumpy cat Nope Nope Nope meme.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

I pull comforter up, neatly..Sometimes!
Don't use a top sheet.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Feb '17

Nope. Only make it if people are coming over. I'm not a Neaderthal, haha. But at least part of the comforter must be on the bed in order for the cat to sleep during the day. Otherwise I'll come home to a cranky kitty!

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Feb '17

I make the bed every day and change the sheets every Saturday.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

I am one of those that makes the bed every morning as soon as I arise.

Navy SEAL's advice to grads: Make your bed every morning.
If you make your bed every morning, you will have accomplished the first task of the day,'' he said. "It will give you a small sense of pride, and it will encourage you to do another task, and another, and another. And by the end of the day that one task completed will have turned into many tasks completed.

Chickadee mobile Chickadee mobile
Feb '17

I used to make it every day until I read this:

http://www.today.com/home/scientists-keep-mites-away-leave-your-bed-unmade-every-day-t43496

I'm not allowed to make my bed first thing. The minute I get up, there are cats with a pistol to my head directing me downstairs towards the Cat Chow containers.

I like the Navy SEAL advice above, never heard it before, but I live by it. I cannot leave the house, during the week or weekend even without the bed being made and the dishes being washed and put away. Even the house needs to be somewhat in order before I leave, just what makes me happy.

Then when I walk in from another day of work, I can pretend that my "maid" was at the house and did a wonderful job and everything is in order.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Feb '17

In my house, "Last one up makes the bed" that would be my hubby!!

auntiel auntiel
Feb '17

Every day!

I pull comforter up or sometimes fold back. That's good enough for me.
Easier to do when you live alone. Ex always had to have it made, but the cat doesn't care one way or another.

Joyce Joyce
Feb '17

Up at 5.... window opened..., then the bed, ( AKA the Fart Sack ), is left to air out the body gasses; and then after an hour or so, It gets made.
Sheets and pillow cases get washed every week, unless there are crumbs or chips / snacks on the sheets; then they get washed / changed immediately.

Embryodad Embryodad
Feb '17

That sound you all just heard was "enoughalready!"'s head exploding after reading Embryodad's post (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '17

ianimal - Believe me, that's 100% tame compared to a Crohn's/Colitis meeting. Our lives are crap. Seriously, and we take about crap non stop. ;-)

Every morning bed is made. I have now trained all 5 of my children to make theirs right when they get up. When they head to school I examine the beds and place a small candy at the bottom of their beds as reward. You would be amazed what kids will do for a small Hershey Kiss.

LivingLifeLovingLife LivingLifeLovingLife
Feb '17

My wife makes the bed within an hour after we get up.

Grew up having to make the bed everyday, mom still does. As an adult, never make it unless company coming even then a closed door may suffice.

Roywhite Roywhite
Feb '17

Good to know l'm not the only one who has dogs on the bed all day. I make the bed because if not they'll pull the covers into a pile when l'm at work!

Eperot Eperot
Feb '17

I rarely did until I met my wife, after 22 years though, even if she isn't here to make it, I will. Cant seem to stand an unmade bed. Brainwashed I guess.

boobalaa boobalaa
Feb '17

Never. I've never seen the point.

Heather Heather
Feb '17

Yep my dog gets under the covers when chilly lol - we make it before we get in it

skippy skippy
Feb '17

I only cover it back up to preserve the heat in the waterbed otherwise I see no point!

Hopeful Hopeful
Feb '17

Yup.

justintime justintime
Feb '17

I never make my bed, yes I know I'm bad. My bedroom is somewhat of the let go room/messy room, but I keep the rest of the place nice...

positive positive
Feb '17

Yup, every day right away.

Really???
Feb '17

Only if the maid is coming to vacuum.

kerii
Feb '17

+1000 positive (but I'm surprised . Lol)

Joyce- Lol! My cat doesn't care either and she's the boss. : )

Feb '17

Always make the bed. It was mandatory during childhood for all 5 of us. Not making the bed would be like leaving dirty dishes in the sink.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/how-making-your-bed-every-morning-can-improve-your-life.html

maja2 maja2
Feb '17

Did until about 2 years ago, when it was physically very difficult. Needed a nap afterwards! Kind pf defeats the purpose! The whole room looks neater if the bed is made. And as Navy seal said, you've accomplished your first task of the day.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

Thanks, Maja2....for sharing that article about making your bed and how it improves your life. I completely agree...

Joyful Joyful
Feb '17

Maja-I do that too. Lol! They will get washed, sooner or later. Don't sweat the small stuff. : )

Feb '17

Nothing like getting into a nice straightened clean bed every night! There are days I cant because there is someone in it still. But as soon as they get up they don't have their slippers on and I am making the bed.

infogirl
Feb '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.