Planet Earth 2

In case you didn't know --- it starts this Saturday.
I can't wait !!!

happiest girl
Feb '17

Heck yeah! The first series was incredible. Is it Attenborough again? Best voice for the medium imo.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Feb '17

thats gonna look amazing in 4k

skippy skippy
Feb '17

Yes he is Dancicus. It is a great series for sure.

I loved the first one! I liked Sigourney Weaver's narration better than the BBC guy. I am recording the second one. Can't wait. Hopefully Comcast will behave that night. Haha! Enjoy it, everyone.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Feb '17

If you missed the original (or want to see again) it's running all day long today on BBC (channel 114 in comcast service)
Planet Earth 2 is on tonight on AMC (28) / BBC (114) / SUNDANCE (165)

happiest girl
Feb '17

Thanks for the reminder !

One of the big reasons for this one is the filming in high def. I definitely suggest watching tonight on AMC 889 which is the same AMC network as 28 but it's the high def station out of all of those.

Does Comcast have bbc America in 4k? It's on satellite

Bug3
Feb '17

I've only seen the first episode of Season 2, The Islands and it was incredible. The Marine Iguanas had me like.....

weebiekins weebiekins
Feb '17

Brad - Comcast has BBC America, but only non-HD. That's why I'm recommending the AMC HD channel.

AMCHD is channel 43 on optimum

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

Does Comcast have bbc America in 4k? It's on satellite

Comcast DOES NOT have 4K yet. I have a 4K TV, but Comcast does not offer a 4K box which you need for 4K. I called them and was told that they are developing a 4K ready box.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Feb '17

That stinks does your TV have apps ? Maybe there's one for BBC - We got a Roku for that reason (to watch 4K feeds)

skippy skippy
Feb '17

Re: Planet Earth 2

I'm watching for sure.

"Hello Mr Attenborough. Are you gonna talk about tuna?"

Sugar Sugar
Feb '17

The music they put to the bears' rubbing on the trees...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6yuv_-I4Z0

Couldn't stop laughing.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Rebecka - See, the bears don't want to take down trees, they just want to scratch their backs, but I could be wrong, guessing that a few sweet and tasty fruits might not be too bad either. Very funny to see their shimmies.

DannyC DannyC
Feb '17

Actually we have bear scratching posts, too! A State conservation officer pointed one out to me when I was taking him around last year. Very cool to see: claw marks and tufts of fur sticking out of the bark. I probably would have walked right by without even noticing. He suggested I put a trail cam on the post. Maybe we could make a local dancing-bear vid!

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Rebecka - Scratching, dancing bears would be so cool. You already have some great video content. These bears have good moves. Go for it!

DannyC DannyC
Feb '17

Planet Earth: Dynasties
Is on tonite 9pm. About our distant relative the Chimpanzee. On BBC & AMC.
Last week was Lions .... watch for a rerun if you misssed. It was spectacular.

happiest girl
Jan '19

"Seven Worlds - One Planet"
Premiers tonight 9PM on BBC and AMC. Looks spectacular!

happiest girl
Jan '20

Saw Seven Worlds One Planet. It was great. I found it on Sundance Channel. Apparently there's also a show on BBC called Wonderstruck which looks great.

Local Gal Local Gal
Jan '20

Thanks Local Gal, I'll look for that!

happiest girl
Jan '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.