Donations for Donnie

Donations for Donnie

I saw this on Facebook. I can't imagine leaving this dog outside if found.... Please share and if found, hold until ACO or police come. This poor thing looks near death.
Great Meadows, NJ. Anyone near Quenby Mountain road in Great Meadows please look for this dog. He is friendly. He is starving and bleeding. Someone had him but couldn't bring him into her house. She has other animals and was concerned. If you can get him please secure him and call Animal control. The dog will not survive in this weather.

worried worried
Feb '17

This poor pup needs help

Nosila Nosila
Feb '17

As an owner of three dogs,that pic makes me so sad...

This makes me so sad. I don't even know where Quenby Mountain Road is. When is the last time he was seen? Has anyone been out looking? Do we know whose dog it is? Tomorrow is going to be sooo windy and cold. Praying hard he's found tonight.

I went out to look when I saw this, around 4:30. Nothing, unfortunately. It's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack: white dog in snow. There are many houses, fences and forested areas on QM Rd where he could hide, too. Also, I think the last time he was seen was 10:30am, so he could have traveled. *Hopefully* someone found him in their yard today and is giving him shelter.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

Re: Donations for Donnie

I saw another picture on Facebook that I'm attaching. So sad. Looks like he's been whipped or in a fight with another animal. I can't stop thinking about him.

Me either, Anom. I'll be out in the AM. This poor creature.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

I wish we had more information... Is animal control doing anything to help?.... Setting traps with food? If people in the area could put bacon on a grill, I've known that to help big time.

I just went out there to look. There is a vacant house across from the sighting set back off the road that hasnt been plowed since the first snow. I saw footprints but they could have been anything.

Also, the original spotters are cooking hamburger right now on the grill

Nosila Nosila
Feb '17

That's a great idea, the smell of food should lure him in!

justintime justintime
Feb '17

Also, Just got word that animal control is headed to where I saw the prints

Nosila Nosila
Feb '17

I hope they find that poor baby. If he is not found I will go look tomorrow.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '17

I just got back from driving around looking for him out there, but I didn't see anything. Will be back out tomorrow.

hikehounds hikehounds
Feb '17

@Nosila - do you know the approx address or location? I'll I had was the name of the Rd, and it's a long one.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

According to Facebook , this dog is back with its owner.

Dndp
Feb '17

This dog had an owner? How long was it lost?

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Feb '17

This dog was away from home for 1/2 hour. I also think its the same dog that the owners were looking for a new home for :(

Nosila Nosila
Feb '17

Um... If the dog just got out this morning... The owners should be looked into. Why is the dog that skinny and why is it bleeding with what looks to be something like whip marks? Something seems sketchy to me.

Do u think the owners abused him?

Concerned Concerned
Feb '17

It is not the same dog. You can tell by the photos on Facebook. They are both white pits but the skinny one has pink on his muzzle. The one that was found was a healthy looking pit. No way it is the same dog.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '17

Something doesn't seem right with all this. Someone needs to do a home check if it is the same dog.

Is the injured dog still out there or has he been reunited with his family? I would be interested in adopting him if he needs a home.

Concerned Concerned
Feb '17

The pictures on Facebook do not match. The skinny, injured dog is not the same as the dog that was found. The dog that was found is healthy and has no pink on the muzzle.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '17

It is the same dog- it was two doors down from it's house.

Nosila Nosila
Feb '17

Concerned... Supposedly the owner is saying he got out earlier today (which is concerning because the dog is soo skinny and obviously injured although the injuries could have occurred while he was out) but they're also trying to get rid of this dog through Pet Adoption League. His name is Donnie. If you're interested, go on their website. Looks like this pup needs a good home!

Sent some of you private messages

Nosila Nosila
Feb '17

Apparently it is home, someone posted pictures of another pit on that link. It does appear that the owners are trying to re home him, which is a good thing.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '17

I'm so confused but I sure hope the skinny and injured pup gets to a good and loving home asap- terribly sad story here

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

The dog in that photo is defiently being abused and neglected. Why was this dog retuned to the owner? And if it's a different dog, than the dog that was found, who posted this photo of this injured dog? They need to notify animal control about the location of this dog.

There needs to be an investigation, with this dogs condition. From looking at lost and found nj pets Facebook posts, it says the dog was returned to owner
Pet adoption league needs to know about this dogs current condition. He needs to be seen by a vet! SPCA and animal control, what can you do to help this dog? The cuts and malnourishment of this animal should not be ignored.

Pet Adoption League has been notified and is trying to check into it According to their Facebook page pet adoption league's pets on parade.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Feb '17

If the dog in the photos was given back to his owners, then that is a travesty. The poor thing looks in very bad shape. This should be addressed by the authorities like aco and if PAL is the adoption agency connected they should also investigate. If the owners want to re-home he should be pulled immediately. Those photos are haunting and sad. I pray the right thing is done for this dog.

Natari Natari
Feb '17

Unfortunately, this goes back to many a HackettstownLife conversation about animal welfare and where it is lacking immensely.

helpthekitty helpthekitty
Feb '17

Time to go get him. Enuff said.

A good day
Feb '17

According to PAL they are working on it. The last post, which was an hour ago, said they have something in the works but are unable to comment on it at this time. The dog was never legally surrendered to them, they were just helping to screen adopters, which makes things a bit difficult. Hopefully everything will work out for this pup.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '17

We at Pet Adoption League were made aware of this and are working on it at this time.
https://www.facebook.com/palspetsonparade/posts/1923305677901713

Pet Adoption League Pet Adoption League
Feb '17

Associated Humane out of Newark has pulled out dogs who were starved, injured so there must be some laws in NJ that allow rescue in face of obvious abuse.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

I didn't read any of the threads but please let me know if the dog has been taken care of. If not I will take the dog. I have 2 already but can isolate and get the dog treated.

QueenAlpha QueenAlpha
Feb '17

Anyone interested in helping should contact pet adoption league (PAL).

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '17

Just read online that the animal control officer that went over there this morning was able to get them to surrender the dog to him and that they are on their way to the vet. THANK GOD!

Thank goodness! Poor animal.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

What about the other animals at the home?

Yes indeed. They should never have another animal. Of any kind.

A good day
Feb '17

Donnie update: He is safe and out of the house with our vet, being checked out and when ready we will be looking for foster homes/adopters. We appreciate all of your concern for him and we will make sure he gets everything he needs!! If you are interested in helping him, please fill out a preadopt form at palpets.org and any donations for his care would be appreciated as well. They can be sent through our Facebook page or our website and list his name. Thank you again to all who alerted us and were offering help!!

We do not have the other dog, and that is up to ACO at this point, as the owner did not want to surrender.

Feb '17

Donnie's brother (as seen in prior PAL photos), is still in the home. And believed to be cats in the home, as posting stated.

Thankfully he's out of that house. The poor doog had the saddest look in all of the pictures even the ones in the home.

It's possible that the owner just didn't connect or care about this dog but truly loves and takes care of his other pets. And please, I am in know way defending the owner. I couldn't even write what I actually think of him, but I do have to say at least he was making an effort to rehome him and not just keeping an unwanted innocent baby.
Some one on Facebook commented about the bleeding tail and not believing that it was from wagging it so much. This however, is true. I've seen first hand a pit wag her little whip like tail and drumming it against everything until it bled. Slashes on body VERY questionable.
Calico, reminds me a little of Daisy, except for the sad face and brown butt!
I would give anything to be able to take him, but unfortunately I can't. Will definitely
ask around though.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Feb '17

Hi,
here is what you can do about abuse:

http://njspca.org/report-abuse

There is a form to fill out' anyone can do it..
Perhaps Pet Adoption League can handle this ?

Best, thank God you are there to rescue him
(ps those slashes look like bear or coyote..)//

http://pitbull.rescueme.org/NewJersey

Pit Bull Rescue site link

So glad to see this pup has been taken away and is getting treated. The owners should not be allowed to keep any other animals in the home until an investigation is done as to why thiis particular dog looked emaciated and wounded. Honestly I feel charges should be filed against them for animal neglect.
Does it work the same for children? If only one is abused or starved, is only that child removed? I thought they always took all of them until they can determine the cause. It should be the same for animals.
If you don't "connect" with a certain animal there is nothing wrong with that and maybe finding a new home is the solution. In saying that, that doesn't give you the right to neglect, starve, or abuse it. People that do things like this are cold, heartless individuals that should lose all rights to own another animal in their lifetime.

Sadly, it is not that easy for children. I have a friend who does foster care and the state seems to routinely put children back in bad living conditions. Parents' rights often come before childrens' rights which is just awful. A Child's wellbeing should always come first, but sadly it often does not.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '17

At least the dog is safe. How horrific that an animal can get to that state while in someone's "care". How can you sleep at night, looking at your pet, who sees you as pack leader and protector.I hope the other animals are watched very closely.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

@Dansker

I agree with you 100%. Bless his heart and I hope he gets to have a loving new family.

Natari Natari
Feb '17

PAL has posted on their Facebook page that Donnie has not been abused, and the malnourishment is due to digestive issues. They are also accepting donations, to cover his care.
They will make sure his medical issues are addressed. Thank you Pet Adoption League! Please visit their Facebook page for more info.

Thank you, LH! I read the update on the PAL pets on parade Facebook page. It was very thorough and answered a lot of questions. Happy Tail is common, I have seen it in dogs before. I am very glad that he was not being neglected or abused. Medical issues can be tough and financially difficult for many families. I hope that they can figure out his issues and help him get well.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '17

If all the people who have commented on this blog would donate to Donnie's vet bills, that would really help PAL out, they are a small, dedicated local rescue that works tirelessly to help homeless animals. I am sure any amount would be appreciated and it is tax deductible. There is a link from their Facebook page and it also mentions a GoFundMe account that will be set up in the next few days.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Feb '17

I am so glad there were not abuse issues involved! Hopefully Donnie can get the medical care he needs, he looks so very sad and miserable. There are groups out there that help with high pet medical bills. Will see if I can find some of the websites or phone numbers.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

Can someone paste the link here to get to their facebook page and the go fund me account that is being set up ? Thanks

Mariann Mariann
Feb '17

GO Fund Me Page to help Donnie:

https://www.gofundme.com/help-with-donnies-medical-costs

OR
Here is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/palspetsonparade/
If you scroll down, will see 'Click here to help Donnie'

Their mailing address is :

PAL
PO Box 206
Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Mark check for 'Donnie". ..any amount would be welcome I am sure.

Feb '17

Hmmm, I thought by now I would be seeing a few apologies on here from some of you for the negative comments about the owners and the assumptions of abuse. But I guess I'm not really that surprised.

I understand concern for the animal, but it bothers me when people are quick to judge without knowing the facts. No concern for the humans?

I don't even know who the owners are. I only know what info was given about the dog by PAL on their facebook page. But having had a dog that we loved so much that was very sick and dealing with renal failure, it would've broken my heart if I heard people thought I was abusing her.

What's that saying I've been seeing here lately? Oh yeah, "Just another day on HL."

+ 1 SueR

Aquarius Aquarius
Feb '17

"Hmmm, I thought by now I would be seeing a few apologies on here from some of you for the negative comments about the owners and the assumptions of abuse"

Dog was not provided the medical attention it needed and deserved. IMO I don't consider this a responsible dog owner. I'm happy that this pup got so much attention because he now got the medical care he needed and will have a loving family soon.

Don't expect any apologies from me.

Nosila Nosila
Feb '17

Nosila, when I was growing up we had a dog who, I swear, my father liked more than his kids. She went everywhere with us. One summer she developed a rash. She went to the vet and they treated her. It didn't work. We kept taking her back for more tests and more treatments but nothing was working. By the end of the summer most of her hair had fallen out and her skin was a mess. Many would assume we were neglecting her but my parents were doing everything they could. They did finally fix the problem but it took lots of time and money. Sometimes things are not as they seem. Medical mysteries can be difficult and expensive to solve. Without talking to the owners we have no way of knowing how much money and time went into this dogs care.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Feb '17

Completely agree Nosila....

These owners were actively looking to rehome their chronically ill dog. You will never convince me this dog was loved or properly cared for even though he was not being beaten. The dog was clearly a burden to his owners.

I have had a chronically ill pet, I know how expensive it is to try & diagnose, treat and maintain over the course of 8 years, upwards of about $14k I'd say, but I did it. On unemployment (twice) I did it . When I was only making $8 an hour, I did it. Then again later on preschool teacher's salary, I did it. Because I made a commitment to him when I brought him in to my home and because I loved him. He was never an inconvenience, he was a member of my family for 19 years. That's the kind of commitment every animal should have when they're brought in to a family.

weebiekins weebiekins
Feb '17

The dog had chronic diarrhea and that was the reason for the low weight. That's a problem.

Jesse134- You said your dad loved the dog.....that's different than not treating a dog that has chronic diarrhea and is underweight, and trying to find him a new home for months.

If you're not going to treat a dog like they deserve to be treated don't get one.

Nosila Nosila
Feb '17

Nosila, all I am saying is we don't have all the info. We don't know if the dog was going to the vet or not. We don't know what they have tried. Maybe they ran out of funds and decided to re home him in hopes of giving him a better life. It's possible that you are right, but we can't know for sure. If you had seen a picture of my dog at her worst you would have probably said the same thing. Even my current dog doesn't always look great, he has a host of medical problems. I swear I have helped put my vets kids through college! :-) but you would not always know that by looking at him.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Feb '17

I'm sorry, i know sometimes vet bills can be too much for people to handle. But if this is the case, need to find a rescue group that will immediately take the animal.
As stated on the first posting of this thread; Donnie is kept Outdoors. The dog has a skin rash (visible hair missing, in the photos). Severely under weight ( due to digestive issue). Tail that continues to become an open-wound.
This thread and urgency of everyone's concern had to happen, in order for Donnie to get the care he needs.
Animals are helpless, and if we don't have the ability to care for them, we need to find immediate placement for them. We have to continue to speak up for animals that are helpless or they will continue to suffer.

Donnie is under medical care now and is being taken care by Pet Adoption League. No reason to worry,he's in good hands

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
Feb '17

PAL would appreciate donations ..all of you on this forum who were so worried about him....,

Feb '17

Agreed, let's help PAL reach their $3000 goal, to assist in Donnie's medical costs! TY PAL!

https://www.gofundme.com/help-with-Donnies-medical-costs

I donated yesterday and I just looked and no one has donated since me. Even if they don't get the $3000, I hope what is posted helps. It's sad that he was an outside dog because pits do not have winter coats like some breeds. Bless him. If I was one who assumed I just think in today's world often than not it is abuse. I'm very happy he is being taken care of and getting relief from his symptoms.

Natari Natari
Feb '17

Thanks Natari, that is the trouble, people voice their opinions and that is okay, but step up to the plate as well. ..it takes a village.

Feb '17

I do not see where it said he was an outside dog.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Feb '17

I donated to the fund. I hope they reach their goal.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

LH stated in their posting it was an outside dog. I personally don't know so maybe they know more. Anyway I'm just happy he is in good hands.

Natari Natari
Feb '17

I did read on the original lost pet nj Facebook page posting, that the dog was kept outside If that information was inaccurate, i do apologize.

I read that he was found outside, I did not see that he was an outside dog. I can't find the original post but what I remember was he was found by someone, they took the pictures, let him wander away in the middle of an ice storm then posted him to Facebook. His owners then found him shortly after that and took him home. But, since I can't find the original post I can't say say for sure that my memory is correct. :-)

Jesse134 Jesse134
Feb '17

There was a lot of confusion between the 2 posts. Healthy pictures of a dog and then sick pictured dog, which raised a lot of suspicion.
This is just sad. The family was trying to rehome the dog. It's a shame that didn't happen. I just hope all works out for the best; for the dog and the family.

Well said, LH!! He is in good hands, and hopefully they can get to the bottom of his health issues. Something tells me with all the attention this dog has received someone wonderful will take this guy home for good!

Jesse134 Jesse134
Feb '17

Come on people! Put your money where your mouth is! I live on social security and could give a little. Even $5 or $10 helps. I worked with PAL in late 90's early2000's. The lady who took all the newborn kittens because even vets wouldn't usually. Worked with Sheila and Bernie Abrahms, Chris Schiller,Alexandria and Stephanie Vaia. I was not a member, just helped as I could. Had a kitten "incubator" in my dining room for years. This is a good group.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

I have to admit that I am surprised at the small amount of donations received so far. Like Dansker said, even $5 helps.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

Just read this post and wishing this guy a speedy recovery and finding a forever home. My donation just got accepted - let's keep it going!

Thank you Dansker - my words exactly - put your money where your mouth is - I didn't want to say it, but those were my thoughts - all you worried and concerned people - well here is your chance to help his dog. Any amount would be welcome - PAL is 100% volunteer and they work hard in this community.

Feb '17

I'm happy to donate for Donnie. But I don't generally do that via Go Fund Me so they don't lose money to the web site. I figure I'll just contact PAL directly to make sure the $ goes straight to the source.

There's already a link on the HL calendar for next Saturday for a fundraiser:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/calendar/2017/2/25#e12519

You can also send check.

Feb '17

+1 GC

weebiekins weebiekins
Feb '17

You can opt to donate with a check made out to the Pet Adoption League to P.O. Box 206 Hackettstown, NJ 07840 or use the donation option through our PayPal link on the main website, palpets.org. And yes, I put the event on the calendar, but also here as people wanted to know of ways to help, and not everyone looks at the calendar but will read posts.

PAL volunteer PAL volunteer
Feb '17

Volunteer - Do I put something on the check or in the notes of the PayPal link to designate it goes to Donnie? I want my gift spent specifically on him. Thanks.

If you go with PayPal, you get to add a note just under the window where you type in the amount you want to donate. For the check you can write Donnie in the memo section. Both ways will clarify that you want your funds specifically put towards his care costs. Thank you!

Feb '17

Thanks Pal Volunteer

weebiekins weebiekins
Feb '17

The Go Fund Me is not the only way to donate...PAL is a wonderful rescue. I have been donating to them directly for many years. As GC stated, some would prefer not to use those type of pages.
Hoping Donnie finds a wonderful new home with the proper care!

Donnie's fund is not growing that quickly, guess now that pet crisis is over, people are waiting to weigh in on the next one...... Please help this dog out, show him the HL community cares.

Feb '17

I strongly second that! If everyone chipped in just a little, it would help a lot.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

Hopefully people are donating in ways other than Go Fund Me. GC has a great point about the fees those sites charge. I forgot all about that. Had I remembered, I would have sent a check instead.

Maybe PAL volunteer can give us an update on a total of funds collected from all sources.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

I agree Calico696 I would have just sent a check too.

Natari Natari
Feb '17

Have just received an update from Kathy at PAL via email. States Donnie is doing much better & was out in the sunshine today & enjoying just being a dog. A video was included and it just warms my heart to see what a sweetheart he is! Just a thought, perhaps if this thread was renamed Donations for Donnie, more people would open it for his story. After all, he is no longer a lost dog.

I have a photo of him from today to share with everyone since not all are on FB. As for funds, I'm not sure what the total is as of yet from all sources as we are still working on things. Every bit does help though, so thank you to all who are donating to PAL.

Feb '17

Donnie's Go Fund Me is up to $925 of the $3,000 goal. Yay!

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

I just saw this thread today for the first time. Maybe we can change the title to the post so it doesn't get lost among all the other lost pet threads. Wish I had read all the way to the bottom before I donated. I would have used Pay Pal instead of the Go Fund Me, too. This poor little guy just broke my heart. Happy to hear he is getting the love and medical care that he needs.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '17

I just saw an updated photo of Donnie on pals Facebook page, he's gaining weight. :)
I also want to apologize, I saw pictures of an injured pup and my emotions jumped to conclusions. I don't know the full story.
So glad to see Donnie doing well. Thank you PAL.

Donnie's fund is up to $1,050!!!! There is an update on the Go Fund Me page. Donnie will be going to a foster home next week! I hope they have a great turn out at the fundraiser tomorrow.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

winning

skippy skippy
Feb '17

We also would love to have some people help with dog walking for him. If you are interested please message me here or email info@palpets.org.

Feb '17

Today's is Donnies Dog wash fundraiser at PetValu. Even if you don't have a dog, donations would be welcome.

Feb '17

Went to Petvalu today. So nice of them to have this fundraiser for Donnie. Lots of dogs there today. Thank you to all.

A good day
Feb '17

Donnie's foster didn't work out. If any of you know someone who can foster please share! He seems great with other dogs but cannot be wit cats or smaller dogs. You can fill out a preadopt online to foster at palpets.org

Mar '17

Donnie is crate trained, housebroken and is such a sweetheart with people. He is also great with the other dogs he's met on our walks and with the other dog in the foster home. The problem was that there are cats there and he was clearly too interested in them, so he cannot live with cats or small dogs.

As mentioned, we hope to find him a foster home because he is sensitive and the stress of a kennel exacerbates his allergies. Please share this and help us find a place for him while we're waiting to place him in a permanent home. Potential foster homes would be screened (fill out a pre-adopt on our website www.palpets.org), and we provide beds, crate, food and medicines.

Many thanks.

Kathy at PAL Kathy at PAL
Mar '17

I'm so bummed that I can't foster Donnie. He looks like such a sweet and fun little guy! I hope a home's found for him soon!

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '17

Hope someone can help Donnie out.

Mar '17

Poor Donnie. I have 3 cats, so I can't help. I will ask around though.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '17

I would love to foster him but with a cat and 2 small dogs I can't :(

jrsemom jrsemom
Mar '17

I'm glad to see that Donnie's go fund me is up to $1,255. PAL can you update us as to what was raised at the dog wash fundraiser and how far we are from the goal of $3,000.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '17

So happy to hear Donnie is doing better ~ hope he finds his forever family soon. Bless you Donnie.

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
Mar '17

PAL is having a bake sale this Saturday at Mt. Olive Sams Club. If you would like to provide baked goods you can contact PAL. Also feel free to stop by and buy some tasty treats!!!

Jesse123 Jesse123
Mar '17

Apparently they still need foster home for him.

Mar '17

It's going to be hard to find a foster who doesn't have cats or small dogs. People who foster, tend to collect all kinds of pets. LOL

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a foster is found soon.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '17

I agree Calico....and was thinking the same thing. I have an American Bully that would love to have a playmate more his size to have fun with, but unfortunately I also have 2 small terriers.
I really hope they find someone soon for this poor guy.

Maybe share his story. That might help. The more that know ....

Mar '17

For those wanting to still help out PAL if you are on facebook, you can comment to nominate PAL. The more nominations the better chance PAL has to get funds.
https://www.facebook.com/thepuorrodream/photos/a.784077571636299.1073741825.172458822798180/1431930613517655/?type=3&theater

As for the total Donnie fund, numbers are still getting worked out as donations are still arriving outside of what the godfundme states so we don't have the official total raised for Donnie at this time, but safe to say we at least are around the halfway mark.

Mar '17

I've attached a photo of Donnie from our trip to the vet today. He is gaining weight and looking good, but we would be very grateful if you could share his bio on our website www.palpets.org and let everyone know what a sweet and good boy he is. He would do so well in a home with another confident dog. enjoy the photo and thank you.

Kathy, PAL Kathy, PAL
Mar '17

So hope someone can help Donnie out with a foster home.

Mar '17

Omg he looks better and happy

skippy skippy
Mar '17

Donnie looks fantastic! Great job PAL!

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '17

According to his revised bio on the PAL website, they really need a foster home for him as he is not doing so well being kenneled, but I agree he looks so much better.

Mar '17

Agreed hopefully he gets a forever home soon

skippy skippy
Mar '17

Hoping Donnie finds his forever family soon.

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
Mar '17

For all of you on Facebook, PAL is trying to win a contest. Please visit their website www.palpets.org or their Facebook page .....let's come together for this great group! The link is listed above about 7 blogs up.

Mar '17

See Donnie's new video on PAL's website ...www. palpets.org ..he is having a great play day with a buddy. He is still looking for foster or permanent home and help is still needed with his medical bills.

Mar '17

There is a new update on Donnie's GoFundMe page, please read about this precious pup so many of you were so concerned about.

Mar '17

So sorry to hear Donnie is having problems with the healing of his tail and in need of further medical attention. We are praying for you sweet Donnie. Get well soon ~ Hugs and love sent your way.

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
Mar '17

Donnie is doing better after his tail surgery ~ he still needs to find his forever family.

You can see his latest update and picture of him on his GO Fund Me Page to help Donnie:

https://www.gofundme.com/help-with-donnies-medical-costs.

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
Mar '17

He is getting there...Donnie continues to recover and doing fine after his tail surgery.

Sadly, he is still in search of his forever family. I hope he finds them soon!

Check out Donnie's latest updates and donate if you can towards his medical bills.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-with-donnies-medical-costs.

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
Apr '17

That's great bumping this up so we can get updates

skippy skippy
Apr '17

There has to be someone who can give this pooch a home .

Apr '17

I saw yesterday (Tuesday, April 11) that Donnie was listed in the "Pets" section of the NJ Herald along with 4 other dogs and a kitty as "Shelter Pets" awaiting a forever home. I hope they all find wonderful, loving homes!

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '17

Just read an update on Donnie. Thank goodness he is doing well physically, but unfortunately a life with a forever family still eludes him.

Please help spread the word so this sweet boy can finally find the loving home he deserves.

Click here for Donnie's latest news and to donate towards his care. Thank you.

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
May '17

Makes most of our problems seem trivial. Basic needs going unfulfilled.

I'm glad he is looking and feeling so well. I'm hoping he will find a permanent home soon.

Calico696 Calico696
May '17

GREAT NEWS!!! There is an update on Donnie's donation page. He found a new foster home!!!!! For those who don't have FB, I'm posting a pic of him at his new foster home.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-with-donnies-medical-costs?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-149616474193-637b23d784504fcd&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

Calico696 Calico696
May '17

I just got the update too. What a lucky dog. He looks so peaceful. So happy to hear he finally has a place to hang his leash. :)

Tracy Tracy
May '17

What a sweet picture. Every dog needs to feel the way he looks. I hope it works out for him, he's a sweetheart.

I'm so happy for Donnie!

jrsemom jrsemom
May '17

Great news for Donnie!!! ... and his foster family as well!!!

b1rd1e b1rd1e
May '17

I'm so happy to hear that Donnie found a home. I donated $50 bucks directly to the Hackettstown shelter and wrote Donnie in the memo portion of the check.
He looks so happy and much better than when he was first rescued.
I really hope it works out for him with the new foster family. Just a little TLC and he'll love them forever.
Christina

Christina D'Aries Christina D'Aries
Jun '17

There was an update done on Donnie's donation page about a month ago. He looks great!

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '17

Looking good!

He looks like a different dog! The newly happy look on his face says it all. Thank you to all the wonderful people who made this happen.

Rebecka Rebecka
Aug '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.