LOST Deaf/Neurologic Cat, Mountain Ave. (REUNITED)

LOST Deaf/Neurologic Cat, Mountain Ave. (REUNITED)

Brinlee

Female, Spayed

Description: Very friendly but may be extremely scared, please call if found!!

She is a 1 year old spayed female brown and black tortoise shell cat. She is deaf and super friendly and appears neurologic as she has a head tilt. She got out some time between 10 am 2/2/17 and 3pm the same day. She is up to date on all vaccines. She isn't a fan of being cold too long so she must be hiding somewhere looking for warmth. Loves dogs!! Missing from mountain ave, Hackettstown NJ. Please contact me at 6312781634 my name is Arianna.

Location: Last seen around 10am on 2/2/17 in the house on Mountain Ave. in Hackettstown.

Date: February 2, 2017

631-278-1634

Arianna Arianna
Feb '17

Where on Mountain Ave? Normally indoor cats will stay nearby there home if they get out. I can help look for her but need to know location on Mountain Ave.

Hi BC! She was lost on the corner of mountain ave and 46, at the 5 corners. Believed to have gone towards water street.

Arianna Arianna
Feb '17

Arianna, I checked the area on Water St and Mountain Ave for Brinlee today. Also, spoke with many of the neighbors and distributed about two dozen flyers with her picture and info you posted on the Forum. Unfortunately, no sightings of her thus far.

Her fb post says the kitty is home

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

TG! So happy to hear that!! she's a gorgeous kitten!

Hacklifer Hacklifer
Feb '17

Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luca2 Luca2
Feb '17

Very good. Thank you 4catmom. That certainly is good news!

Hi 4catmom, Brinlee is NOT home. She is still missing as of today 2/4/17 I'm not sure where you got that information from. I sure wish she was home however ❤

Arianna Arianna
Feb '17

Believe I found it on your fb page...........led there from one of the lost and found pet pages - so sorry she isn't home yet..............

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '17

Ive updated my post, as of now Brinlee is still missing 2/4/17. Please keep sharing on facebook, thank you so much!! Thank you for letting me know 4catmom! I've responded to those whom stated she was found to correct them. I sure hope.she comes home soon!

Arianna Arianna
Feb '17

Praying Brinlee is home soon! She is haunting me! Poor baby!

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

About an hour ago I saw a similar looking cat near the Sub Shack - it may have been a little older though. I'll head back up there shortly....

Thank you so much, I'll check there now!!

Arianna Arianna
Feb '17

Put something with either your scent or the cat's scent on it out in your yard or porch. Maybe she's close enough and will smell it. Since she can't hear you looking for her, maybe her other senses will help her find her way back. Good luck.

Linda Wells Linda Wells
Feb '17

Have you put food out in a have a heart trap?

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '17

This is one of your neighbors on Water - got the flyer/pic - and will keep an eye out. It's tough this time of year, b/c not out/door open, etc. Call WRNJ they have a pet patrol to post her on. Also contact animal control if you haven't already. Petfinder can also post her, etc. I have 2 cats...so she might come around to hang out.

ss2cats ss2cats
Feb '17

I have put out food water and a trap. Stinky tuna and KFC Chicken is also out. No sign of any animal yet. Infrared camera set up near trap as well as her dirty kitty litter and some of our dirty clothes. No sign of her at all :(

ss2cats: thank you for reaching out!! It is believed that she went to water street, two possible sightings. I live right behind water street on mountain ave, our backyards are connected. Do you own a black cat and a black and white cat? I have been up and down the street multiple times. Always see them! Hopefully she comes around to your cats. she must be Starving! and so thirsty. She has been missing since 2/2/17. I'm so worried.

Arianna Arianna
Feb '17

Prayers with you and kitty. You have checked every possible hiding place near you,in case she toofrightened to go far?

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

I work on Mountain Ave and I keep an eye out for your precious baby every day. I'm praying so hard for you, I can't imagine what I would do if one of mine was missing for this long, especially my special needs kitty.

Cat mom Cat mom
Feb '17

So hoping your kitty is found, I think of her many times during the day ....

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Feb '17

Have you thoroughly searched the house?Thought one of my special needs semi-feral cats had gotten out once, as he was no where to be found and we had guests in and out. Turned out he had secreted himself away in a closet of an unused room. Stayed there 2+ days, as I ripped the neighborhood apart. Then saw eyeshine in the window of the storage room. Being mostly feral, he wouldn't come when called though he could hear.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

Thank you so much cat mom and nature lover. I am so worried for her. Going on 5 days now. I'm sure she has had no food or water and she cannot hunt so she must be starving, my poor girl.

I have checked everywhere in the house as well Danske, with no luck

Arianna Arianna
Feb '17

Any sightings at all?Have you checked with ACO and local vets? Maybe knock on doors and see if someone took her in? I know I probably would have, assuming she was ill or injured. My heart is breaking for you!!

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

Do you live near a lake or pond where she could have accidently fallen in?

Eagle Lady Eagle Lady
Feb '17

Just saw this post . i was on Little St last Wednesday and saw a small striped cat trying to get up on the rocks under the bushes along the office codo side..closer to Mountain ave. just saw the back end.. but it was small and stripped.. have not seen since. the bushes are thick if i go back near there i ll take a look but if someone is close maybe shes hiding in there or stuck..

stressed out stressed out
Feb '17

Any new sightings or updates? I got off work and drove around the area but no luck

K.C.
Feb '17

I just saw on Facebook she has been found and is safe at home! I'll try to post the link!

Great news @cc - thanks for the update.

I can't find the link on Facebook but it was posted 2 hours ago. I hope her owner can come on here and verify what I saw. I don't want to post something that's not true :( She said she was home safe and would post more.

Finally some good news today! Give Brinlee kitty kisses from all of us!

Rockportcat Rockportcat
Feb '17

Saw it on "Pee Wee the Cat" Facebook page.

Rockportcat Rockportcat
Feb '17

And on Arianna's FB page.

Rockportcat Rockportcat
Feb '17

Oh good!!! Thank You for letting me know I wasn't seeing things! I'm so happy she's home! Especially before the big snow storm!! Makes my sad day a little brighter!

I hope this is true! My heart was very heavy about that little cat. Hopefully she is well and recovering!

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

I hope this is true! Let her recover and feel loved again! Safe before the storm.

K.C.
Feb '17

I hope this is true also! Was so worried for her especially with the storm coming. Hugs and kisses for the kitty!

https://www.facebook.com/arianna.palmieri.7/posts/10210762016784756?notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1486606902485893

So glad she's home!!!

Hello everyone!! Yes it's true Brinlee was found today 2/8/17 !!!!!

Here is the link to my fb post!!!

Click the link below for the update! https://www.facebook.com/arianna.palmieri.7/posts/10210762016784756?notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1486606902485893

Arianna Arianna
Feb '17

Very happy to hear Brinlee has been found, especially before the approaching snowstorm and that she is now safe at home.

Praise God! Have a long talk, no she's deaf....write her a long note about wandering off! I am overjoyed!

Dansker Dansker
Feb '17

So happy that she was found AND before this storm..

shady shady
Feb '17

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luca1 Luca1
Feb '17

So happy to hear this!! I saw the other posts last evening saying Brinlee may have been found but I was waiting to hear the official word. So glad it's true!

She's very pretty. I love her markings, she looks like she's camouflaged.

How wonderful of Kelly and Gail to follow her and stay with her until you could get there. Such a great story!

Aquarius Aquarius
Feb '17

Re: LOST Deaf/Neurologic Cat, Mountain Ave. (REUNITED)

Happy, happy. Joy, Joy!!

Me and all my friends were very worried about Brinlee and this storm. It looks pretty, but it's no place for a kozy kat. ;-)

Another great day in HackCATStown.

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '17

Re: LOST Deaf/Neurologic Cat, Mountain Ave. (REUNITED)

She is happy as can be to be home!! Thank you so much everyone ❤

Arianna Arianna
Feb '17

Great news!

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

The video on your FB page... I'm pretty sure that's the happiest cat I've ever seen! And the obvious love between you makes the hearts of all cat lovers melt. Glad she is back and thank you for sharing the sweet reunion!

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '17

She looks so content, so glad she is home!! We are all so relieved!!

Kelly
Feb '17

I'm overjoyed to hear this. I won't lie I was so sad thinking she would be out in the storm. Please give her plenty of hugs from me.

Natari Natari
Feb '17

Great news to hear she is safe, warm and home during this horrible winter snow storm. God Bless

Lauren Lauren
Feb '17

I was so afraid for her with this terrible storm so to read the update is the best news possible! She looks good to say she has been outside for the past few days. Thanks so much to the two Good Samaritans, you made this reunion possible. Miracles do happen.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Feb '17

I'm so happy for you! She really was found just in time (before the storm and the freezing temps). And what a sweet cat. I'm so glad she's ok. Need more of these good stories. Thank you for sharing her homecoming. :)

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.