Storm - 1/23/17

Sounds like we could be in for some ice tomorrow but who knows since the reports seems to be focusing on wind and rain....

Sussex County has a Winter Storm Watch for 3-5 inches of snow and ice.
http://theedgeweather.blogspot.com/

Elevations above 1000 feet could get hit pretty good with snow.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Jan '17

"Weather Edge".... do they know something NOAA and every other website doesn't? NO ONE but them is called for snow, just rain and high winds...

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '17

Hey JR. This is from NOAA....You are correct this is not for Hackettstown. But 20 miles in either direction the prediction could change real quick. Think the post was more a heads up.

URGENT
318 PM EST SUN JAN 22 2017

* LOCATIONS...THE SOUTHERN POCONOS REGION OF NORTHEAST
PENNSYLVANIA AND SUSSEX COUNTY NEW JERSEY.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW AND SLEET.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 5 INCHES.

* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...AROUND A TENTH OF AN INCH.

Jan '17

NOAA NWS 4pm briefing is showing 3-5" potential in far NW NJ. Best to tune in tomorrow morning for an update...

As I said, someone's smoking dope lol. NW NJ is just rain. It's already 40F.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '17

Hackettstown Schools have already canceled all afterschool/evening activities today.

jrsemom jrsemom
Jan '17

Great Meadows cancelled as well.

My husband's school just called an early dismissal in Passaic County.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '17

The High Winds, visibility and flooding are the main concern from heavy rain

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Jan '17

It is really windy and rainy here near Cape May. Just staying inside today. Hope the wind and the rain die down tomorrow.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Jan '17

Sussex county early dismissal .....

Jan '17

We are lucky we did not have the cold air in place or this would have been a historic snow fall.... as for the rain and wind ... we need the rain and we should all be grateful for every drop... as for the wind we are far enough from the coast to not have the full force of what is storm has dealt out... everyone be safe and stay in if at all possible..

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Jan '17

Your so right "LibertyThinker", we need this water to help the drought conditions we are still in.

What is your prediction on the rest of the winter? You seem to have a good pulse on the conditions- I am enjoying the lack of snow myself, it makes getting to work much easier, but do you see us getting payback for this warm January with a much more severe Feb/March?

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '17

Thank you for the continued support "TRA" I really don't like forecasting to far ...but - temps look to be turning more seasonably cooler but nothing that cold ... as for any big snowstorms (just not feeling it this year.. just a hunch)...maybe 1 big storm ;)

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Jan '17

Not just rain this morning. Be careful out there. It's a bit slick.

Jan '17

Anybody know how is route 80?

My husband went to Paterson on 80 this morning without issue.

Tracy Tracy
Jan '17

Anyone else wake up to an inch or so of the white stuff? It's been slowly melting... but now freezing rain coming down on top. :-(

Rebecka Rebecka
Jan '17

We had about a 1/2 inch of snow and sleet. Hubby got called out at 2:30 am to go salt.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.