Macaroons

Does anyone know where I can buy fresh macaroons? I have found coconut macaroons but am looking for the traditional (French?) macaroons. Thanks.

Whole foods in Madison or Morristown

Foodie Foodie
Jan '17

Try the French bakery in Andover ( 206 )

Steven Steven
Jan '17

I hope I don't sound like a pretentious jerk, but the correct spelling for the French-style cookies is "macaron" and pronounced mack-a-ron (instead of roon). That might help you when you're Google searching and/or calling around!

I know Greene's Beans in Sparta sells them. I think Cafe Pierrot in Andover/Sparta does, too. If you're up for a drive, there's an amazing French bakery on Bloomfield Ave in Montclair that will have a bigger, most consistent selection.

Teacher Teacher
Jan '17

They are two different foods. I find many flavors of macaroons in local groceries but when my daughter wanted to try macarons I ordered them online from a bakery closer to the city which I can't recall. Hopefully they find the right ones somewhere and enjoy.

http://www.themacaroonshop.com/the-bakery/

Avon by the sea - they ship

skippy skippy
Jan '17

There is a bakery called Dana's bakery. The website is danasbakery.com....that's all they specialize in. I think they are in Hawthorne, NJ

Tous les Jours in Edison

http://www.tljus.com/products/others/

Their are also two Laudaree in NYC

www.laudaree.com

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jan '17

Dana's bakery looks like it has a great variety of French macarons, pricey though. Avon by the Sea shop seems to have the coconut macroons only.

I've been experimenting with baking these, trying to make sure they have the little 'feet'. Its egg whites and almond flour mostly. Tricky part is the color, I want them to look good, but we're not big on artificial dye in our food, and the dye used needs to be the dry powdered kind. The next thing I plan to try is grinding up some dehydrated strawberries in my food processor for color and flavor, see how that works.

hktownie hktownie
Jan '17

I've seen several good places around but as you mentioned, they're all "coconut macaroons". I've only seen the French "macaron" locally at Cafe Pierrot. It's a specialty of theirs.

If you are not picky... I saw them a few months ago in the frozen section at Sam's Club. I thought they were delicious.

I saw the French ones at the Wharton Costco today in the refrigerated section by the cheeses.

Eddietheeagle Eddietheeagle
Jan '17

Try the new public market in Easton - there is a vendor who makes them fresh - yummy!

dsl1121 dsl1121
Jan '17

If you're willing to take a bit of a trip, in the Stockton Market Sciascia Chocolates also sells macarons that he's made. My daughter LOVES them.

Patisserie St Michel bakery in Teaneck is amazing if you're ever out that way.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.