Flemington Area Breweries and Distilleries

Has anyone been there yet? I was thinking of trying it. It's in Flemington.

http://www.skunktowndistillery.com/

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

They lost me at "eco-conscious product"... I want booze, not granola.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '17

Have only been on the outside of it, they weren't open and they have somewhat limited hours. It is actually located in an industrial park (so dont think you are not in the right place, it is a strange place to have a brewpub and will not even look like anything but any other business in the industrial park), and looks to be a real small space that they have, so dont be surprised that it doesnt have the dramatic look that ZeigMeister has on the outside and inside.

If your going down that way to Flemington, I recommend this place in Flemington also, right in the area of the outlets:

http://loneeaglebrewing.com/

Brand new building, good vibe there and the beer is pretty tasty. Most are $6 per pint, a bit more than ZeigMeister, but not bad.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '17

Thanks for the info TRA. I hear there is a brewery right across from the distillery too. It's called Conclave Brewery.

I might have to book us a DD and try all three.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

You know Calico, I may be confusing this with the Conclave, both are right there though in that same area.

I gained a better appreciation of our local places after visiting the places in Flemington, the ones in Hackettstown have alot more ambiance.

Jan '17

Nope, you are not confusing them. Two different addresses. Conclave is in that industrial area by the distillery, which is north of the 31 circle. Lone Eagle seems to be west of the circle off of Rt. 12.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

Industrial Park? The one on Miineakoning Road behind the BJ's?

That's Raritan Township, not Flemington.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '17

Yes, that's where it is, behind BJ's. Thanks for the clarification. The address listed on all three websites is Flemington. I don't know where the boundaries start and end down there, as I'm really not familiar with the area at all. Except to go to Flemington Dept. Store.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

agree with Ianimal. Why not just tout the virtues of the product? Buzz words be damned in 2017!

Consigliere
Jan '17

Most of the good stuff on 31 is in Raritan Township. The Flemington boundary goes through the parking lot of the old American Legion building that is going to become a Chimney Rock Inn location.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '17

Just to clarify, I have been to the Lone Eagle Brewery, it is right by all the outlet stores there in Flemington, which is basically right of Rt. 12 or down a 1/4 mile from Main Street. It really is a good, nice and new place with good beer. That place I would recommend, plus you can get some quality time in with the Black River and Western Railroad, which is right in the same parking lot- when they run trains in the spring, summer and fall. (besides the shopping at the Outlet stores)

Now, you can bring food into the Long Eagle, as they are like CzigMeister and don't serve food. I would recommend a place right down the road from Lone Eagle, the Blue Fish Grill. Trust me, I don't recommend places that stink- the food here is tremendous- I am a burger person, one of the best burgers I have ever had are the burgers from here- they have a very large menu- if you go there in the summer, they have outdoor dining and are a BYOB, which I like .... alot.

The Conclave, I believe is the place that is in the industrial park off of Minnetonking Road (a road that intersects Rt.31 in the Flemington Area). Drove by on a Sat a month ago, they weren't open yet-due to their limited hours, couldn't believe this place was in a small industrial park, but have not seen the inside- met some people that said it was not bad, albeit small inside.

The other place, Skunktown, which is what this thread is about, I didn't notice while I was in the area of Conclave, but since I didn't know it was in that area also, I wasn't looking for it.

As clear as mud now, I am sure my explanation is!

As far as location of all three places, any "local" down in that area would say they are all in "Flemington", though technically two of the three are not. That is the closest landmark town and most locals would consider those places there- lest you think I am spouting opinion through my hot air maker- I asked a local of Flemington, my long term GF, who has lived in the Flemington area for almost 30 years now, she said any local would term those places to be in "Flemington".

Think of the Long Valley Brew Pub. Would you tell an outsider to go to Washington Township, Morris County to find it, or would you say, "oh, that is in Long Valley".?

Now, back to our regular programming, no, I have never been to Skunktown Distillery.

Jan '17

The glaring difference is that Long Valley is a census-designated place within Washington Township and the LVBP actually IS in the Long Valley section of the Township. It's not like they're two separate municipalities as is the case with Flemington and Raritan. A more direct analogy would be to say that the distillery is in the Bartles Corners section of the Township... as opposed to Copper Hill, Flemington Junction, Rockefellows Mills, etc.

If someone wanted to go to the bridge in Pohatcong Township that leads to Riegelsville, PA, would you tell them it's in Phillipsburg? It's got a Phillipsburg zip code.

I really just mentioned it for Calico's benefit anyway. She's a stickler for geography like me (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jan '17

I've been to Conclave. They're doing some nice things. If they have the Mexican Morning choc stout give it a try. Nice choc/vanilla flavors to start, finishes with the heat of chili peppers after about 10 secs. I liked it a lot. They were voted best craft brew in NJ (can't remember source) FWIW.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Jan '17

You guys are too much!!!! Thanks for all of info and input.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

LOL, sorry Cal... to the topic, if the distillery were doing anything that interested me, I'd go with you guys in a heartbeat. But, I find vodka boring flavor-wise and don't care for drinking rum "neat". If they were distilling/aging whiskey or brandy, it would be a different story. But if you want to do a Conclave/Lone Eagle run, I'd be down with that.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '17

Here's Conclave's website. They have extremely limited hours; 5-7pm on Friday and 1-5pm on Saturday. Can you get here by 4:45, Calico? I'm just south of Payne Road in Clinton Township.. or Flemington, if you prefer, lol.

https://www.conclavebrewing.com/

ianimal ianimal
Jan '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.