Removal of spider veins

Has anyone had spider veins removed, and if so, did it work and was it painful?

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Jan '17

I have had the procedure done and it was worth it for me. I had to go to an out patient surgical center to actually have some removed that were causing me pain. I had anesthesia so I felt nothing. I have also had some saline injections and they feel like bee stings. I wouldn't say it hurt, it was just uncomfortable.
Hope this helps!

Momof3 Momof3
Jan '17

Thank you Momof3. I had a vein surgically removed a couple of years ago and took a sedative and didn't feel a thing. My spider veins are not too too bad, I just wanted my legs to look a bit better. My dermatologist said that she might could use a laser also. I have read that there would be some bruising for a few days, etc. I am still thinking about it .... Thanks again.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Jan '17

I had mine down a couple of years ago for cosmetic reasons also. They did the saline injections. I was not that happy with the results.

Mariann Mariann
Jan '17

Mariann - my father is having this procedure done on one leg at a time in a few weeks. If you're comfortable with sharing, I'm wondering what about the procedure and results you were unhappy with. Not to dissuade him, just looking for as much info as I can.

Kris, they did one leg at a time and I thought it was very uncomfortable. Burning and picking, but I am a wuss when it comes to pain. It took a lot for me to go back and get the other leg done, but I did. Like I said, I did it more for cosmetic reasons, and they did not fade as much as I thought they would. The doctor then suggested following up with the laser but I didn't want to spend any more money.

Mariann Mariann
Jan '17

Thanks, Mariann! Good information to have. Trying to educate and prepare myself the best I can in order to help him recover.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.