Shooting in Buttzville

I believe there was a stabbing and/or shooting in Buttzville and a victim was medevac out

Did anyone hear about this?

I hope everyone is OK

Summer Summer
Jan '17

There was. I heard on WRNJ earlier someone was in fact killed. I don't see any news online yet.

Oh no....terrible

Summer Summer
Jan '17

Yes. Don't know all the details. I have a friend that lives about 1/4 mile from there and he told me about it. Said the police are still there now. Details are still quite sketchy.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

From WRNJ:
WHITE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (Warren County) – One person was killed another sent to the hospital with serious injuries following an incident on Butzville Road in White Township.

On Tuesday morning, emergency crews were dispatched to Easter Seals, Butzville Road for a report of a male unconscious and unresponsive per radio broadcasts.

After crews arrived on scene, EMS reported a weapon was in the residence per emergency broadcasts.

Oxford EMS along with Hunterdon Medical Center Paramedics requested that an Air Medical Helicopter be placed in the air for one patient with severe injuries following the incident. Mountain Lake Fire Department established a landing zone at Oxford Textiles where they met Atlantic Air 1 which is based out of Netcong to transport the victim to Morristown Hospital.

Mountain Lake fire department also assisted at the scene due the report of a fire alarm going off in the background during the initial 911 call.

New Jersey State Police have confirmed that one person is dead. Identities of the involved parties, the nature of the incident and other details have not been released as the investigation is continuing.

Property tax records list the home is owned by Easter Seal Society of NJ, Inc.

Responding agencies were Oxford Emergency Squad, Mountain Lake Fire Department, New Jersey State Police, New Jersey State Police Crime Scene Unit, Warren County Prosecutors Office, and Atlantic Air 1.

By: Jay Edwards

For more Northwest Jersey’s News, tune into 92.7FM, 104.7FM, 1510AM, wrnj.com or on the TuneIn app.

Thanks Greg. Still not much info. My friend said that it's a halfway house. Apparently there are two there across the street from each other. One for females and one for males.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

Updated article. Still not a lot of info.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2017/01/1_dead_1_wounded_in_warren_co.html#incart_river_index

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

Thinking if this happened in Jersey City or Plainfield it would be on the news.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jan '17

It's on WRNJ..what else do you need

Bug3
Jan '17

"Thinking if this happened in Jersey City or Plainfield it would be on the news."

Quite the opposite I would think...

That would be just another week in Jersey City (OK, every other week...)

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jan '17

I don't need anything Bug, thanks.
I would like info regarding the perpetrator when available, just in case he's hiding near by.
I was referring to something like news12, Marc is right, common news for urban centers, frequently reported. Not so common here although someone was killed nearby Butzville on rt 46 a year or so ago.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jan '17

An update:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2017/01/victims_in_deadly_nj_group_hom.html#incart_river_home

Not searching for other suspects? Yikes, so did they shoot each other? Or maybe one accidentally shot himself during a scuffle and then shot the other? A lot of holes in this story, no pun intended.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

This is bad I know the one guy who was air vac ed out I worked with his brother for 20 years what a shame may the hand of his lord be with him I will ask my spirit guide the wolf to watch over him blessed be to him

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jan '17

"A lot of holes in this story, no pun intended."

Now THAT was funny!

happiest girl
Jan '17

I watched news 12 yesterday morning not a word was mentioned but they did say a shooting in Jersey City and Newark. Isn't White Township in NJ? I guess Warren County doesn't count!

CF --- maybe eventually will be reported. I saw on eyewitness news the report about the coyote attack on the Columbia trail.

happiest girl
Jan '17

Sometimes it's better to be ignored by the major media than to become a circus..the people in that Home would prefer peace

Bug3
Jan '17

The gentleman who is in the hospital is an Army veteran of the Vietnam War. He deserves our respect. Please keep him in your prayers.

Ziggy Ziggy
Jan '17

tHE MAN WHO WAS AIR VAC ED OUT WAS MR FRED MEISTEN
He has Pass away in the hospital today Please if you have the time to say a blessing for him on his trip back to the care of his lord to the family my sorry thoughts for your loss may his spirt now be free of earthly bound troubles blessed be Fred

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jan '17

While we don't know the details of this horrible situation, we can all have some empathy for all these folks. Sad that they reached this point in their lives where a group home becomes a viable option- sad that whatever trouble that had befallen them came their way- we are all just a step away from being in their shoes- "there but for the grace of God, go I" applies.

May this gentleman's soul find eternal peace- regardless of circumstance, and may the blessings find all the residents of those homes- they can use good thoughts to help them every day.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '17

Well said - my sincere condolences

skippy skippy
Jan '17

Update: One death was a suicide.
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2017/01/1_victim_in_nj_group_home_shoo.html#incart_2box_lvl-homepage-featured

Bug you are right. I never thought of that. Also praying for Mr. Meissen' family.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.