Thank you Hackettstown Post Master

I sent a very important package through the Hackettstown Post Office's overnight express mail. Unfortunately, I had the wrong address. I called the Post Master and the quality of service I received was second to none! He made over a hundred phone calls and worked on my lost package for over an hour. He located my package and got it where it needed to go, still within the "overnight express" time frame. I am so grateful. Thank you, Hackettstown Post Master!

Janelle McCarthy Janelle McCarthy
Jan '17

Really, you got him on the phone? Judging by the comments on the other thread about the Hackettstown Post Office, you may be the only person to ever do that.

JerryG JerryG
Jan '17

Sounds like Ripley's Believe it or Not.

happiest girl
Jan '17

Over 100 calls in an hour? Wow!

btownguy btownguy
Jan '17

That's great, but 100 phone calls?
Exaggerating a bit one would think.
Just saying!

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jan '17

Glad to hear you had your issue taken care of quickly and efficiently at our local post office. It's nice to hear something positive regarding an experience here in town. Ignore the typical pessimistic, snarky, negative in sum and substance comments this forum always seems to generate on any given subject including your simple shout out to our postmaster.

Greg, you expressed my sentiments exactly, just as I was planning to say it. It is so refreshing to read something positive and complimentary.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Jan '17

Glad to hear it worked out.

That postmaster must speak as fast as an auctioneer. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

That's...great, I guess. I'm not so sure what the big deal is. The postmaster helped you locate a package with an incorrect address? Isn't customer service in the USPS one of the things tax payers PAY for? How are we at a point where we expect zero service and are delighted enough to start a thread when we actually get decent service?

Think about it this way: no one would come on here and start a thread about the great experience they got from Fedex customer service. It's expected. Oh, and Fedex actually turns a profit. Imagine that!

Consigliere
Jan '17

I would never expect a government agency..even though they are independent..to post a profit..they are just a service that should strive to control costs and keep prices down..the best they should do is break even

Bug3
Jan '17

How are we at a point where we are so cynical as to criticize the act of expressing gratitude for a helping hand, regardless of whether or not it falls within the person's job description?

Think about it this way. Would you criticize someone for thanking a fireman for putting out their house when it was on fire? It's their job, after all.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '17

the Postal Service receives zero tax dollars for its operations and is instead funded entirely by revenues from postage and services.

skippy skippy
Jan '17

Consigliere a POSITIVE thread, no matter the topic, in my opinion is always nice to see.

littlelu littlelu
Jan '17

Yes skippy..but I do believe they have had,a bailout or 2..and you have no other choice for first class mail..they are in no way shape or form independent from the US government

Bug3
Jan '17

"Putting your house fire out and getting off your duff to look for a package are very similar things. Postal workers are heroes." - Ian

Consigliere
Jan '17

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/29/drew-johnson-postal-service-lies-cost-taxpayers-bi/

Consigliere
Jan '17

I would like to high light a very positive experience with the Hackettstown Post Office for my Passport Application. Lynn was very helpful, and even though my passport application was just a renewal, she went through it thoroughly and pointed me to the required corrections. I think you folks at the Hackettstown Post Office are doing an excellent job and I would like to say three cheers to you folks.

old_monk old_monk
Jan '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.