Book Store near Cemetary

The other day I was driving through Hackettstown, turned left onto, um, is it East Street? across from the Ihop/McDonalds at the light there. I noticed on the right side a little book store sign but couldn't catch the name, or what kind of store it is. Anyone know? Thanks!

That is New Legacy Books on East Avenue. We have donated a lot of books to them for re-sale. Their website can be found at http://www.newlegacybooks.com.

My kids love it!! The more you buy the cheaper the books are. Spent $20.00 and walked out with a big bag of books. Something for everyone in the family!

concernedfriend concernedfriend
January 10th

Loved it.

I love it there so much! But I wish it was open more days that just 6 hours a week :( I can never get there.

I went there today and donated 2 books.

It is in the back of a warehouse, but the signs are good.

There were a dozen or so people in there and the clerk was nice.

Nice and clean, well lighted with 2 rooms of books, all nicely on shelves, all in good condition.

One issue. I was looking for several Fiction Books. They had shelves with major authors (Danielle Steel, Grisham), etc. All of the rest are just randomly shelved. (I guess I am just used to the Library) couldn't find any that I was interested in.

Books cost $3.99. If you buy 10 it is reduced to $2.99 and if 20 it is $1.99 each.

I read their website. They are a for profit business and donate to charities and had Logos to the ones that they donate to.

I just wonder how much they donate. No percentage of profits donated.

Actually I think $3.99 is a bit high for a used book. Can do better at Trinity Thrift shop.

Anybody else gone there?

Mom with Kids Mom with Kids
January 14th

There's a fabulous used book and cd store in Branchville - www.broadstreetbooks.com.
A fabulous place to spend a few hours. Book prices vary. Cds are 3bucks and the ones we bought are in like new condition. I highly recommend a visit here if only to browse.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Book Store near Cemetary
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.