Suggestions on Where to Buy Real Christmas Tree

Any ideas? I don't want to cut it down but looking for decent tree's to purchase. Thanks!

Donaldson's....great Douglas fir last year that lasted a decent amount of time before needles started falling off.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Nov '16

Tranquility Farms!

I second Tranquility

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Nov '16

Woodsedge Tree Farm. Go to their website and there is also a coupon for $5 off purchase. Trees are $45 and under!

momof2 momof2
Nov '16

Ort farms!!! 908-876-3351

Mr. tone Mr. tone
Nov '16

Evergreen!! Great trees!

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '16

I noticed today that Mr. Allen of Allen Farms on Allen Road (almost in the backyard of Mansfield Cinema) has a nice selection of live Christmas trees for sale again this year...

Joyful Joyful
Nov '16

Go local donaldsons

Alumuchy general store any tree 30 bucks

Sender
Nov '16

Go to Donaldson if you want to get ripped off. Same tree they sell at Alamuchy General Store for 30 bucks.

FredFinger FredFinger
Nov '16

I wound up buying a Frasier Fir tree for $35 off 46 West somewhere at a farm. Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Everswicks Tree Farm on Greendell Road, Newton (Closer to Johnsonburg) Been going here for years. Although its choose and cut your own tree, its a nice to go with the family. Quiet friendly farm and so many different varieties of trees to choose from!

SallySue
Nov '16

Tranquility Farms has a huge selection of all sizes. Very nice trees too.

JB400 JB400
Nov '16

Granata's xmas tree farm in Long Valley

Connie1 Connie1
Nov '16

I would suggest really looking over a pre-cut tree for brown needles and being flexible. With the drought that we are in a lot of the trees are suffering. I personally would go with a fresh cut instead. Tagged mine and not cutting until close to Christmas because of this.

Magpie Magpie
Nov '16

"I would suggest really looking over a pre-cut tree for brown needles and being flexible. With the drought that we are in a lot of the trees are suffering. I personally would go with a fresh cut instead. Tagged mine and not cutting until close to Christmas because of this". Magpie

Magpie, where did you pre-tag? I would like to do that

Lamppost Lamppost
Nov '16

even though it is a choose and cut, Mount Bethel Tree Farm in Port Murray. been going there for many years now and they are wonderful; so helpful and pleasant to talk with. they remember us every year we go back which makes it so much better!

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Nov '16

For a lot of fresh cut, it's good to wait till 12/15 to cut for maximum needle retention for xmas. Especially in these temps.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Nov '16

Plut's Christmas Tree Farm, 220 Flocktown Road in Long Valley. They have pre-cut trees or you can choose one from the field. There is a gift shop and greenhouse full of home made wreaths, grave blankets, kissing balls and much more. On weekends they have a food wagon serving funnel cakes, corn dogs, hot cider and hot chocolate. I highly recommend it!

Trees starting at $40

Open Thurs thru Sunday, 8 AM to 4 PM

http://www.plutschristmastreefarm.com/

eeyore0031 eeyore0031
Nov '16

Lamppost -

Plut's Christmas Tree Farm opens every year for tree tagging the first weekend in October.

eeyore0031 eeyore0031
Nov '16

Joe Friday, eeyore0031

Thank you

Lamppost Lamppost
Nov '16

Lampost,

I tagged at LaBurrel Farm on Mount Bethel Road. It's not far from Camp Merry Heart on the left going from Hackettstown to Mansfield.. There is a long driveway to the place and they have really beautiful trees, all for $50, no matter the size. The trees aren't skinny ones so if you are looking for a skinny one don't bother. The Knights of Columbus are involved with this as a fund raiser. The owners of the property are friends of mine. If you have a large foyer there sure are trees there for it. They are open only on the weekends. Saturday I think it's 9:30 to dusk and on Sunday from 1:00 to dusk if I remember correctly. They also will wrap the tree in netting. The Blue spruces are just gorgeous!

Magpie Magpie
Nov '16

A little ride, but this nursery in Fair Lawn is donating 10% of Christmas Tree proceeds to two little boys battling a rare genetic disorder.

http://americannurserynj.com/

Tracy Tracy
Dec '16

Best's Fruit Farm has lots of trees.

Bests were just cut on Friday. Fresher than most.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Dec '16

I try to support the farms in the area buy from one of our local farmers many of them are struggling to survive Hildebrand Farms across from Johnson Dodge father passed away 5 young children are running the farm trying to make a go of it the funds there would be well appreciated

Stevo Stevo
Dec '16

Are the ladies at Blue Heron on Valley Road open this year?

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '16

So sad about Hidebrand, I used to think they had the best violas. Hopefully the children can keep the family business open. I will definitely support them next summer.

Blackcat, yes Blue Heron is open this year, I believe the trees are $20.00.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Dec '16

Oops...meant to edit my post.
Went this morning and got our beautiful tree from Blue Heron:)
Still $20

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '16

Re: Suggestions on Where to Buy Real Christmas Tree

Here's what we got for $20 at Blue Heron:) Need to trim it up a bit first.

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '16

Re: Suggestions on Where to Buy Real Christmas Tree

Wyckoff christmas tree farm in Belvidere. You can cut your own or buy the fresh cut ones. Reasonable price and very nice trees.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.