Show your artistic talent

Show your artistic talent

I'm hoping to see some of HL folks artistic side. This is not my work but my partners. It's a stained glass mosaic that was almost finished when Cecil the lion was killed. The piece is named in his honor.

Wow, that's beautiful! What talent!

Wow amazing - your partner is talented

skippy skippy
Nov '16

That is such an amazing work of art! I would give anything to be able to create something like that... Not only is it aesthetically beautiful, but the fact that it was done in his honor just so lovely. I am a very big animal person, so this piece has true meaning to me. Exquisite.

Lauren S. Lauren S.
Nov '16

Thanks all for your kind words. My partner has pretty amazing talent and skills. Every time I think I can't be more impressed they do something else. Some of their skills are; painting houses, carpentry work, masonry, electrical, plumbing, engine repair, can change rotors and brakes, soldering. And of course stained glass. Many more beautiful prices. You get the idea. I always say it seems like if someone has talent they have all the talent!

Anyway, I'm also amazed that no one else on HL has anything they wish to share? Surely there's something beautiful to show whether it be a wonderful hooked rug or a wood carving using a chainsaw. I know I've seen some wonderful photographs on here. Oh well.

Beautiful.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Nov '16

Very nice. I am the most non-artistic person ever. I can't even make a straight line with a ruler.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '16

That is really beautiful.....I can't even draw stick figure people.

I think the most artistic thing I've done is built a waterfall in my backyard

Nosila Nosila
Nov '16

That's not true, Nosila. I've seen some beautiful photographs you've taken.

Tracy Tracy
Nov '16

RAS - is there some place to see more of the stained glass - it's gorgeous

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '16

Re: Show your artistic talent

I agree with Tracy. I've seen beautiful pictures from Nosila and someone with the handle fujitx1 or something like that.

Here's another sample.

Omg that is gorgeous!! Love love love.

Are these made and kept, or are any ever sold?

Rebecka Rebecka
Nov '16

So far they've only been made to keep or give as a present. Each one is like a child so it's hard to let go of them. I'm so glad that I posted them and getting such positive feedback, my partner doesn't realize how wonderful each piece is! Here's a Tiffany reproduction of Black Eyed Susan lamp. my partner is busy just now for the holidays but may take requests on commission after the new year.

I can see why it would be difficult to part with such beautiful creations. I guess because of the times, I can't help but wonder what your partner's interpretation of our American Flag would look like. I still see it as strong and regal inspite of the storm...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Nov '16

Here’s the latest creation. Enjoy!

Exceptionally beautiful in all 3 stained glass artworks!

Hackresident Hackresident
Mar '18

Thanks! Not my creation of course but my partners. I’m disappointed though that no one else has posted their own artistic flair. Just makes it look like I just like bragging about my partner (which I do) but c’mon nobody here has talent? My exe’s mother used to do “hooking”, he he as in rug hooking and had professional photos taken and submitted to magazines. Actually got some posted and won awards.

Kudos to Maryann for her writing talent!

The extent of my creativity is scrapbooking. RAS, your partners stained glass is gorgeous!

Bessie Bessie
Mar '18

This is a pen and ink drawing l did when l was 14. Unfortunately, l don't do it anymore.

Eperot Eperot
Mar '18

Nowadays my artistic side is busy making my house beautiful, and l do every part of it, so rooms go from this:

Eperot Eperot
Mar '18

To this:

Eperot Eperot
Mar '18

Eperot, you are very talented! Both the drawing and the renovation. Thanks so much for sharing!

Stain glass pieces are to die for!

Eperot, your drawing is amazing, I'm so enviouse of your talent!!

Im not very artistic but I like to make crafts.......here is something along the lines of what I like to do........

littlelu littlelu
Mar '18

I'm not thrilled with the bow but thought the rest of it came out pretty nice.......

littlelu littlelu
Mar '18

You are obviously very talented Eperot...Beautiful job on both the painting and the interior house project. I used to do all sorts of crafting and ceramics and dabbled in some painting as well...now in my senior years I am back to writing both poetry and children's short stories just for my own enjoyment right now...

joyful joyful
Mar '18

Here's another angle. The cabinetry and curved trim was a challenge but turned out.

eperot eperot
Mar '18

Eperot,
What a beautiful room! I can imagine how peaceful it would feel to sit there and read with a nice cup of tea. What an accomplishment to go from before to after.

LVresident LVresident
Mar '18

My husband creates one of a kind, hand painted bird houses.

Wow you guys are all super talented !

Skippy Skippy
Mar '18

I love, love, love the camper!

Bessie Bessie
Mar '18

I love the stained glass and the craftsmanship of eperot but all are amazingly gifted. Agreed camper is super cute

Skippy Skippy
Mar '18

I call this one in my happy place.

Denis Denis
Apr '18

@ Eperot, very nice, never too late to pick up the pen again.

Denis Denis
Apr '18

I create paper dolls, greeting cards, and many other cute works of art! Also specialize in children's portraits... Here is a"Work in Progress" picture of one of my paper dolls. My website is www.paperdollshoppe.com

D Vining
Apr '18

Wow, awesome paper doll! I wish I could draw like that!

I love this thread. Thanks for sharing your talents with us...

joyful joyful
Apr '18

Here’s a sample of my work :)

Peacefinder Peacefinder
Apr '18

And another :)

Peacefinder Peacefinder
Apr '18

Beautiful....Peacefinder!

joyful joyful
Apr '18

Thank you!

Peacefinder Peacefinder
Apr '18

Peacefinder - They look so real! I had to zoom in on them with my phone to see that they weren't. Awesome job! Very talented.

Hopeful Hopeful
Apr '18

Yeah, I had to do the same thing! Really really wonderful! And great subject matter too :)

Peacefinder- somehow you painted the soul into their eyes, beautiful! My daughter would love that so so much! She has a pug and a jug.

I can't paint or draw, but recently took up weaving. These are some towels I just finished.

hktownie hktownie
Apr '18

Wow....hktownie...the towels are beautiful and I know that weaving can require a lot of time and sometimes be a real challenge....Good for you!!

joyful joyful
Apr '18

Such talent here!!

RAS, your partners last work is beautiful. I see it as an eagle preparing to brace itself before the storm. That's one wise eagle. So much room for interpretation in that scene...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Apr '18

hktownie, love your towels, my mom and I do Swedish Weaving........this is a throw. So easy but very time consuming.

littlelu littlelu
Apr '18

Just another shot of the throw......it's hard to get the whole thing in a photo

littlelu littlelu
Apr '18

Littlelu....the throw is just beautiful!! My Mother used to do a lot of crochetting, tatting and needlepoint and artwork years ago before she passed away. I have a lot of her artistic talents in my home on display to this day and can now look at them every day and remember and appreciate the amount of time and love she put into making these for me..

joyful joyful
Apr '18

Love that pattern littlelu! Beautiful, detailed work. I recently joined a fb group for Swedish Weaving but no idea how it's done. So far I've just been admiring all of the beautiful work that people share.

hktownie hktownie
Apr '18

Thank you joyful........

hktownie, it's so much easier then it looks. If you can count you can do it!

littlelu littlelu
Apr '18

Your towels, hktownie are probably done the same way, just on a smaller scale....one up, two over, one down. lol

littlelu littlelu
Apr '18

Thank you for the lovely complements! I have a Facebook page if anyone is interested in portraits or a mural. I’m actually the one that painted the Hackettstown mural that was painted over when I was 20 :)

https://m.facebook.com/Charlsie-Aigotti-Fine-Artist-174674319545/

Peacefinder Peacefinder
Apr '18

My woodwork was on display at the Family Guidance Center artshow last weekend. Call this piece, "Toast of the town."

Glenn Roth Glenn Roth
Apr '18

I make Jewelry out of vintage and antique silverware.

firefly firefly
Apr '18

Wow very cool - you guys are all very talented

Skippy Skippy
Apr '18

You do fantastic work, Firefly....I can attest to this from the compliments that I get when I wear the jewelry my husband bought me that you made. It is just beautiful!

joyful joyful
Apr '18

Thank you Joy! I also started hosting classes. It's really great to see other people creating! I love sharing what I know!

firefly firefly
Apr '18

Beautiful work on here! I am a painter mostly working in acrylic. This is a recent pet portrait.

LauraK LauraK
Apr '18

LauraK you painting is AMAZING! I've heard eyes can be hard to do. I swear your eyes look real!! The whole painting looks almost like a photo...........Im am in awe of your talent!!!!!

littlelu littlelu
Apr '18

Wow, that’s amazing!

Wonderful talented folks here! Me, I’ve got none but I enjoy the talent of others.

sweet painting LauraK

firefly firefly
Apr '18

There's an art and artisan fair at Rutherfurd Hall this Saturday. I wonder if any of you will be participating...................

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '18

Such great work here :)

Peacefinder Peacefinder
Apr '18

This is one of the things I do in my "spare time". Egg tempera on a wood panel; inspired by a couple of early 14th century Italian examples

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone on here make junk journals?

Bessie Bessie
Apr '18

junk journals??? Bessie not sure i've ever heard of "junk" journals???

littlelu littlelu
Apr '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.