St Patrick Day Celebrity Bartender Bar Crawl

So tomorrow night is our first Celebrity Bartender Bar Crawl, Should be a fun night in town going from bar to bar. Would make for a fun HL meet up!

you can buy your $20 tickets are each of the four locations which the tickets are good for 1 beer at each location. My group will be starting around 6:30 at Czig Meister but feel free to start your crawl at any of the bars/breweries.

hope to see you there!

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

I will be there. Just heard from Clyde and he will be there too.

C'mon HLers, come on out and meet up! 6:30 at Czig!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '16

What kind of scenario we creating here?..Remember the commercials driving buzzed??

Can you give us a pass when we get in our cars that the cops won't stop us for DWI after the pub crawl.

pampurr pampurr
Nov '16

I would think your designated driver could join the group at no charge. They just don't get beer.

maja2 maja2
Nov '16

please drink responsibly Pampurr.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

The hours of the crawl are 6-11 pm. That's 5 hours. Having 4 beers along with food, which two crawl locations offer, over the course of 5 hours should not leave you impaired unless you are a lightweight. If you are a lightweight, you shouldn't be attending a crawl.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '16

the event goes from 6-close. Man skirt closes at 9pm, Czig and Marley's at 10pm. Bea's at 2am.

So we're talking about having 4 beers in 4-8 hours. Again drink responsibly :)

or bring a Designated driver at no charge :)

or walk home like I will :)

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

Also Applebee's has been kind enough to donate some wraps along with chip & salsa that will be at the 2 breweries at no charge to ticket purchasers to let you soak up your beer :)

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

What are you Calico, 110 pounds soaking wet with a brick in your pocket? Four beers in 5 hours will leave you at about 0.12, irrespective of whether or not you're a "lightweight". The food may mitigate that number somewhat but you'll still be too close to 0.08 to risk it, IMO (just looking out). You may not think you're impaired, but the Breathalyzer doesn't care about that.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '16

I'll be a designated driver if you like. Or you can walk to my house. Good HL people are always welcome. ;-)

AFTER PARTY AT GC's HOUSE!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I am working late tomorrow....I always miss all the fun :-(

Darrin Darrin
Nov '16

Don't worry Darrin. We are doing them every month up until the parade in March!

Next one is Thursday December 1st

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

Jackpot!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '16

"AFTER PARTY AT GC's HOUSE!!!!!!!!"

Oh Geez! The cats would be in bunker mode for sure!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '16

Re: St Patrick Day Celebrity Bartender Bar Crawl

We gotz bunker for sure. My sister is ninja, and I gotz military surplus from daddy's time in Ukraine.

You humanz gotz no idea...

White Shoes White Shoes
Nov '16

Dear Lord, I do apologize for my cats. Be with the pygmies down there in New Guinea.

You're going to Bea McNally's on their college night? Good Luck with that.
Hopefully that $20 cover charge to get in for this Parade Bartender scares them away!

putty777
Nov '16

Who's the "celebrity"?

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Nov '16

You mean besides Clyde Potts? (-;

ianimal ianimal
Nov '16

Putty. There is no $20 cover charge. The $20 buys you a ticket good for 1 beer at each of the 4 locations. It is optional to buy. And the owner of Bea's obviously is on board with this or else we wouldn't be doing it

JR since this is a St Patrick Parade fundraiser our "celebrities" are current and past Grand Marshals of our parade

So the college kids going to Bea's can get served a beer from their past College President, Barbara Lewthwaite!!!

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

And this will be happening every month until St. Patrick's Day 2017? Not sure about tomorrow, but I think I'd like to make at least one of these pub crawls...

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Nov '16

Yup JR. every first Thursday up until our parade in March.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

This was a fun time last night. Great seeing Clyde and GC and meeting Jim L. And of course, the beer was delicious. Hope to do it again next month.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '16

Thanks Calico, Clyde and GC for coming out! very nice to finally meet you Calico and Clyde finally.

we'll collect the tickets today to get a final head count but I'm guessing we sold around 50 tickets, not bad for this basically coming together a week and a half ago. Now we have time to improve it and promote it more for next month and beyond.

Next bar crawl is Thursday December 1st!

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

So many No Fun Police on here. Maybe we should outlaw dancing too.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Nov '16

You mean besides Clyde Potts? (-;

ianimal

LMAO, Miss you my friend

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Nov '16

Too bad Uber is not a sponsor!

Bumping this back up... Our next Celebrity Bartender Bar Crawl is Next Thursday December 1st!!

I think some HLers are making it a HL meet up at Marley's that night. Should be a fun night once again.

My group will be starting their crawl at Czig at 6:30 just like last time but feel free to start your crawl at any of the 4 locations.

Again a $20 ticket gets you 1 beer at each of the 4 locations ( Czig, Man Skirt, Bea's and Marley's). Proceeds of the tickets goes directly into the 2017 St Patrick Parade!!!

Hope to see you all out that night!

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

Bumping this up.

Natari Natari
Nov '16

I'm not going to make this one. I have too much other stuff going on this week. I hope to make the January one. Have fun everyone!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '16

Thanks for bumping this up Natari. We are all set for tomorrow night. The rain will stop and it'looks be a great night to crawl around town.

We have 2 new "celebrities":
Allamuchy Mayor Keith DeTombeur will be at Marley's and former Fire Cheif and all around good guy Buddy Volkert will be at Man Skirt

Along with previous "celebrities" 2017 Grand Marshall, Michael Lavery at Bea's and Former Centenary President Barbara Lewthwaite at Czig

And before anyone asks, our Mayor had a meeting to attend so Keith was kind enough to fill in. We'all keep mixing up the Celebrities each month.

Again $20 ticket gets you a drink at each of the 4 locations. Hope you can make it and thanks again for the support!

Jim L Jim L
Nov '16

Reminder this Thursday January 5th is our 3rd Celebrity Bartender Bar Crawl. Getting everyone to start the Crawl at Czig at 6:30 and then go bar to bar in a huge group.

Again a $20 ticket gets you a beer at each of the 4 bars in town. Thanks for all those who have supported this event the last couple of months, we raised a lot of money for the parade and he a fun time doing it.

Hope to see you all there

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

I could get dropped off and picked up. Would it be possible for me to ride along with some of you fine HL Folks for a crawl or a meet up? I'm pretty flexible and could be the DD driver in the future (the interior of my car is a bit scary for random strangers to view it now) I would love to tag along for the for the "crawling" some time.

I sincerely miss our HL LIFE Days!!

red76nj red76nj
Jan '17

red76nj, I know what you mean. We had a nice group of people who we would see all the time at the get togthers and then the lunches in the summertime. I enjoyed hearing you talk about the Broadway shows you had seen. Hope more people can make the time and get together. I am not in the area anymore, but if I was, I would be there at the Crawl,drinking a soda, and trying to organize a HL get together. Hope 2017 is a nice one for you all.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Jan '17

I think Czig is closed this week

eapos eapos
Jan '17

Well look at that. Ugh. Thanks Eapos

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

So what happens Jim? Will it be three bars for $15, or will it be rescheduled?

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

It'll still be $20. There is no expiration date on the tickets so you can redeem your Czig one another night.

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

so the start of the crawl has moved to Man Skirt since Czig is on vacation. 6:30pm.

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

Would be nice to maybe have one on a Saturday night since some of us work nights during the week

John C John C
Jan '17

they will always be on Thursdays. That's what the bars wanted.

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

John C - A Saturday would be nice, but most bars want to do these types of things on nights they normally aren't that busy.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

Grr - I've missed every one - last minute things keep coming up --- hopefully February will be my lucky month!!

trekster3- trekster3-
Jan '17

Oh and for the drop off and pick up we have a bunch of local Uber drivers :)

trekster3- trekster3-
Jan '17

http://www.njherald.com/20170131/hackettstowns-celebrity-bartender-series-continues#

Just a reminder that our next celebrity Bartender Bar Crawl is this Thursday. Only 2 more left!! It's slowly picking up some nice buzz and has been growing each month. Hope to see a lot of HL faces turn out. We'll have some bagpipes and drummers from Rory O'Moore stopping into the bars this time!

Cheers!

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

Jim L - You might want to have the NJ Herald take a quick look at their article. "Buddy Bolkert" might be a heap of healthy humorous hilarity but I'm not sure if he likes his name misspelled so much. ;-)

Oh poor Buddy. It's Buddy Volkert. :)

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

How many former parade marshalls have you had at these "celebrity crawls"?

townie townie
Jan '17

Off the top of my head I believe 3 or 4 past grand marshals plus our current 2017 Grand Marshall have been "celebrities"

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

A friend told me that the celebrities don't tend bar - that it is against ABC laws. They are just hanging out at the bar.

No regrets
Jan '17

it's not against ABC laws, the 'celebrity' would just have to get added to the bar's employee list. basically hired and fired in the same day :)

Jim L Jim L
Jan '17

Jim, you still starting 6:30 at Czig Meister?

Darrin Darrin
Feb '17

yup, my group is starting at Czig's at 6:30 then crawling To Man Skirt -> Bea's -> and ending at Marley's.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '17

Who's in?

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Feb '17

Sorry I missed it. I had to watch my friend's kids for a few hours tonight. I hope you all had fun.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '17

Our last celebrity bartender bar crawl is this Thursday, March 2nd! Thank you to all that have participated in any of the past ones... the funds raised was enough for us to add another band to be in the parade!!!

Our celebrities are all ready for Thursday, hope to see a lot of old and new faces crawling around town on Thursday

reminder the 4 participating locations are: Man Skirt, Czig Meister, Bea McNally's and Marley's. A $20 ticket purchased at any of those locations is good for 1 beer at each location.

See you all there!

Jim L Jim L
Feb '17

Our one and only celebrity bar crawl is next Thursday 2/28. Reminder purchasing a $20 coupon gets you a free beer at Czig’s, Man Skirt, Bea’s and Marley’s. Coupons expire in March so no worries if you can’t complete the crawl in 1 night. This has been a huge fundraiser for our St Patrick’s Day parade for the last couple of years and hoping to make it the best one yet this year.

Come out and support the parade while having a fun night in town. Whose in?

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

Will the "celebrities" actually be tending bar? I bought tickets and attended in the past, but they were not tending bar. Still a worth-while cause, but perhaps a misnomer?

No regrets
Feb '19

some do, some don't. I know I have tended bar when I was the "celebrity" and a couple of others have gotten behind the bar to pour some beers.. But yea most of the time they are just there to sell the coupons and interact with the public as a local "celebrity"

And yes we are taking great liberties with the terms "celebrity" and "bartenders" but its a fun night that benefits a great parade.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

This year's St Patrick Day Celebrity Bartender Bar Crawl will be on Thursday, February 27th. Come out and support the parade. $20 ticket gets you a beer at each of the four participating bars:

Czig
Man Skirt
Bea's
Marley's

Jim L Jim L
Jan '20

Sound like fun.
Where can one purchase a ticket?

Stymie Stymie
Jan '20

Stymie - The last time I went, I just bought my ticket at Czig that night.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '20

the Bid's website will have presale tickets on its website hopefully next week. But you can also buy tickets from the "celebrities" at each of the bars the night of the crawl.

Jim L Jim L
Jan '20

https://hackettstownbid.com/2020/02/bar-crawl-kicks-off-st-patricks-festivities-thurs-feb-27th/

Stymie, Tickets are now on sale on the BID's website as well as will be on sale at each of the locations the night of the event.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.