Dr. Hoey (where is?)

I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to Dr. Hooey who practiced at Lakeview Medical? Heard today she resigned from the practice and no one would say where's she gone. Really liked her and hate the prospect of having to look for another G.P.
Thanks

Ollie Ollie
Oct '16

Same here, I called for an appointment but was told she resigned. I like Dr. Hoey and would like to continue using her as my primary care physician.
Sorry I couldn't help you but I too hope we will find out where she is practicing now if at all.
A quick search shows Succasunna at an urgent care but I am not sure if that is accurate.

Iam also hoping to find where she went. I called Succasunna and she left there i think 2008. Its heart breaking. I hope we can find out where she went. She is the best doctor.

sandra sandra
Oct '16

Thanks CBGB for the info.

Ollie Ollie
Oct '16

Maybe if you call the local hospitals, they will be able to tell you if she is practicing somewhere else. If she has privileges at the hospital they might know where she is.

Mariann Mariann
Oct '16

She really is the best. I hope all is ok with her and her family

Ollie Ollie
Oct '16

Just a thought..try you physician directory with your insurance company

Bug3
Oct '16

I did check the directory and got this
125 Route 45
Great Meadows, NJ 07838
(973) 691-1111

the phone number is the Budd Lake office, which is located at 125 Rt 46 Budd Lake

Cgbg- that's the lakeview medical office ;(

I'm so sad to see this. I do run into her from time to time around town so if I see her I will ask.

She probably resigned due to the customer service that is provided there.

If she is going to continue to practice we will be able to find her

Nosila Nosila
Oct '16

I am also very interested in finding where Dr. Hoey is practicing. Not always happy with the staff and service at Lakeview Medical but was never disappointed in Dr Hoey. She provided excellent care and diagnostic ability. Dr. Hoey listened to her patients . Keep us posted.

just coach just coach
Oct '16

Just seeing how well she is liked I'm hoping we will find her practicing at another office.

Ollie Ollie
Oct '16

Has anyone heard anything? It does not seam like her to just walk out on her patents like that. Thank you

sandra sandra
Oct '16

I'm sure it's in her contract that if she leaves she can't communicate where she went. I can call my insurance company tomorrow and see if they have anything.

If she just gave notice Friday they probably asked her to leave on Friday.
She may not be starting new job for couple weeks so it may take us a couple weeks to find out where she went. I think if she was no longer practicing they would have said she was retiring

Nosila Nosila
Oct '16

I went through a similar situation with my OB a few years ago. After a month or so, I found her new practice online.

I never was seen by Dr. Hoey, but I Dr. Pietka is wonderful!

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Oct '16

Hopefully being Dr. Hoey lives in the area someone will see this on HL and let her know she is missed and people are looking to follow her to her next practice. Did anyone hear if she was retiring?

anniegirl anniegirl
Nov '16

Anyone ever think she doesn't want to be found.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Nov '16

I can't imagine a professional with the integrity Dr. Hoey exhibits and knowing how important her relationships with patients are to her that she would not " want to be found." We can speculate all day on what pushed her to resign. I choose to wait until she is ready to make contact .

just coach just coach
Nov '16

Only you CraftBeerBoy , and probably no thinking involved.

Maybe she just wants some privacy for awhile

Bug3
Nov '16

That's more my point Bug3....better said than I...thank you

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Nov '16

Asking for Dr. Hoey's home address or private phone numbers could be considered an invasion of privacy.
Asking for details of how or why Dr. Hoey left Lakeview could be considered an invasion of privacy.
Asking for the location of where Dr. Hoey might now be practising should not be considered an invasion of privacy.

If you think that's what it is, and I'm not sure it is, then she would owe her patients a letter of explanation. I agree with Nosila. It could be a contractual matter.

Ollie Ollie
Nov '16

Nobody knows what happened or why..it's time to back off and leave the poor doctor alone a while

Bug3
Nov '16

Bug3, that might be easy to say but if you are one of her patients under her care for recent ailments, it's difficult not to question what happened.

Ollie Ollie
Nov '16

Rockaway Family Medical Associates 333 Mt Hope Ave. the big shiny medical building right at the mall entrance. She is not allowed to say where she is but said I could

Just coach Just coach
Nov '16

OMG is that true, I went today and was devastated to not see her; she is the best Doctor ever, I love her care and my friend is also very upset, I will call the Rockaway office tomorrow. Even Panther Valley Pharmacy did not know.

laura laura
Nov '16

Thanks so much for the info!!

Ollie Ollie
Nov '16

Ok so this is the scoop. She is at Rockaway Family Practice on Mt. Hope Ave; However, she will not have Atlantic Health privileges for about 2 weeks, they suggested calling after Thanksgiving to check. 973 895-6601. I am so happy we found her. The great thing is that the practice also has walk in care 8-8 M-F and 9-5 Sat &Sun. If you see her now you have to pay out of network and they said it is steep.

laura laura
Nov '16

Ughhh further away

Nosila Nosila
Nov '16

Thanks for the info. I need to check if Rockaway Family Practice is In Network. Only 3.8 miles from home now.

Thank you!!!!!!!

sandra sandra
Nov '16

I think the cleaning crew went with Dr. Hoey the office is DIRTY!

Nosila Nosila
Nov '16

I went to Dr. Hoey last week in Rockaway, easy access in the outer part of the mall. She said she misses her patients and the office will accept what your insurance pays, call and ask first, until she is approved by Atlantic Health. She is still not taking appointments but is seeing patients as part of their walk in appointments. I called first and asked for her hours, you do need to go for a problem, not wellness at this time, but she said call and say what it's related too, ie. High blood pressure, not feeling well.

laura laura
Dec '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.