The mystery of the Bermuda Triangle may finally be solved?

Interesting....

http://nypost.com/2016/10/21/the-mystery-of-the-bermuda-triangle-may-finally-be-solved/

Darrin Darrin
Oct '16

This sounds cool and interesting, but I was definitely a little incredulous based on the quality of science reporting nowadays. I found this while looking into it a little deeper:
http://www.snopes.com/scientists-solve-bermuda-triangle/
I thought I had heard that the whole "Bermuda Triangle" thing was kind of overblown and based on a few, not totally substantiated, claims. It's a shame since it would make a much better story if true!

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Oct '16

If you are using the NY Post as a scientific fact base and believing it I have a bridge for sale very cheap you might like

eapos eapos
Oct '16

Re: The mystery of the Bermuda Triangle may finally be solved?

The NY Post is owned by UK's ultimate scandal rag The Daily Mail. This and "Brexit" was their doing. ;-)

So many hoaxes, so little time.

Don't be goofin' on Giorgio, brah...

ianimal ianimal
Oct '16

I actually love that show and the man who uses an illegal amount of hairspray.

Great guilty pleasure/too fun! And who knows, maybe we DO all have alien DNA. Would help to explain a few people I know.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Given the people I know, it would take *hairspray* in the DNA to explain it.

I saw the article about the odd cloud shapes in several scientific feeds as well, but they pretty much also state that they could find no evidence that the odd cloud shapes would or could be the cause of disappearances or magnetic compass variations, etc. Pretty much clickbait to get you to read another article, explaining virtually nothing, but getting you to where they can measure your clicks and where you were linked from as well as where you go to which they're hoping is yet another clickbait story, or to one of their advertisers.

Yeah, I did see that the "lion-haired guy" as we used to call him changed up his hairstyle. I used to be more in the visiting alien or seed of alien camp when I was younger, but things such as the Antikythera Mechanism, which was originally called an ancient spark plug by Erich Van Danniken has turned out to be more complicated than even he thought, but also seems quite terrestrial in nature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

It seems more that we would rather label something as "from aliens" rather than to grant our earlier ancestors knowledge and skills that have been lost over the years through various reasons, such as conquests and religious or other persecutions. I think it's more a case of these discoveries made by our ancestors that were far ahead of their time, that had few skilled people to hand these skills down to or they were repressed by governments or religions and forced to not make or teach these skillsets, etc. to anyone in order to avoid being tortured and/or killed.

If the Library at Alexandria hadn't been burned, as well as a myriad of other writing, etc. destroyed or hidden, we may have been much further along than we are now, that is, as long as we learn how to utilize technologies to the betterment of the Earth and Humankind, rather than to destroy and keep people in ignorance.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '16

Relating to what Phil D is saying, there is also an element to technology leading to outmoded means of expression or ways of doing things. We're amazed by ancient civilizations being able to cut stone in such ways that "we can't even do today!" That's because we are skilled at building with steel nowadays, and no one invests the time and effort into stone masonry that was commonplace just a couple hundred years ago. We also marvel at how people could have lifted stones that are too heavy for some of today's machinery to raise. Aliens must have helped! More likely it's the result of being able to rally hundreds of slaves to do the bidding of a few powerful people. Lots of human labor and sheer will can build a myriad landmarks.
I also laugh when people point to the commonality of pyramids among ancient civilizations and speculate that this represents some kind of Atlantean connection. Maybe it's because the only way to build tall buildings out of stone is to have them wider at the bottom? Like a pyramid. Especially since pyramids around the world don't look like each other at all.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Oct '16

So... who's going to AlienCon in Baltimore in November? Fess up, lol.

http://www.thealiencon.com/baltimore-about/

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

I guess I have to watch Ancient Aliens now, I have to see this guy in action, lol, after seeing all the memes he's used in.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Oct '18

JR, I don't watch much TV, yet I find the show interesting and worth watching (though some episodes much more than others). But you often have to just try to ignore some of the ridiculous claims that EVERYTHING is the result of "alien intervention." The show is interesting, because they often discuss at length fascinating historical events and oddities that are rarely discussed elsewhere. Whether or not you believe (or even entertain the thought) that aliens were involved, the archeological aspect of the show often makes it fascinating.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Oct '18

Agreed, JerseyWolf.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

Next they will want to tax you for using the Bermuda triangle wormhole

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Oct '18

JerseyWolf,

I did a little reading up on Giorgio, and apparently he also believes the 2016 election was tampered with, but not by the Russians... you know what I'm going to say next LOL

Oct '18

JR, that's one of the least-crazy things they've said. That show is regularly like, "The platypus is a strange-looking creature. Could it represent proof of alien research into genetic tampering on Earth? Ancient-astronaut theorists say yes. . . ."

Personally, I kind of take it all like I'm with a bunch of mixed friends at a party. Several of us are discussing some interesting recent archeological discovery, but every so often, Crazy Bob interrupts with some inane, off-the-wall comment. And we just kind of chuckle and then go back to our discussion.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Oct '18

Giorgio writes, produces, and funds the show. When you hear the phrase "ancient alien theorists say" or "ancient alien theory tells us" he really means "Giorgio says...". If you can get past that disingenuousmess , then you'll be fine. Otherwise it's about the same as Erich von Däniken's $4.95 per piece of spaghetti that has yet to stick to the wall. ;-)

So really, it's just entertainment. National Enquirer-level entertainment. That's cool, it's still better than all the reality show crap that has virtually monopolized tv for years.

Oct '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.