Anyone have Tinnitus? (ear ringing)

Looking for anyone who has or had Tinnitus? Any thing to try to help or fix it?

Carol Carol
Oct '16

Typically it is a sign of a hearing loss. Some say that for continual tinnitus fish oil pills can help. I am deaf and my tinnitus is usually not that bad, but sometimes when it's really awful there's inflammation and a round of steroids helps.

Njchia Njchia
Oct '16

Interesting Njchia

There are a number of causes from hearing lose to loud music. Mine probably due to combination of things and doubtful it's a precursor to hearing loss. Mine too is not that bad but interesting you mention inflammation. I use mine to detect the slightest of fevers and can take prevention for those much sooner now.

So I live with it and thank it every cold n flu season.... And yes, an anti-inflammatory can reduce the symptoms however will not cure the underlying cause(s).

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '16

I have it too, constant 'noise' in my head. I remember trying some vitamin my father-in-law recommended but it didn't help. I'm open to trying something else.

Try Lipo-flavanoid. It's done miracles for me.

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '16

yup - my tinnitus began after i had my first flu shot.

Prior to that, i had bouts with Vertigo/Migraines, Not sure if that has anything to do with the cause of Tinnitus (?).

MAGGIE daronco MAGGIE daronco
Oct '16

I've had Tinnitus for about 10 years. Got it when doctor prescribed Vytorin for high
cholesterol. It's been a nightmare 24/7. Nothing I've tried has worked to stop the noise.
My hearing is still excellent, so no problem with that. You get used to it after awhile, but it is very stressful sometimes.

Martha Martha
Oct '16

My mother has had tinnitus of varying degree over the past 40 years. It was diagnosed when it was still only 20% hearing loss and is only in one ear. But today it's well into the 80% loss range. Nothing has ever helped her.

I'm only 24 and I have tinnitus REALLY bad in both of my ears.. nothing I've tried has helped me unfortunately :(

steph
Oct '16

please read what events/actions preceded the tinnitus, as others indicated above and what actions the people took in order to treat the problem.
I would reduce or eliminate (at least temporary) any stresses in my life - loud music, TV, radio, conventional food (with artificial stuff in it), earbuds, wi-fi and cellphone use, microwave oven. and the drugs like over the counter and the like.

I have Arnold chairi malformation a rare brain condition and one of many symptoms I go through is tinnitus.

I use some of the sound therapies on YouTube, very effective. Try several and see witch one works for you. Tried all the pills, did not work.

madhouse madhouse
Nov '16

Carol, did you happen to have a recent head injury of any kind? I had a mild concussion years ago and had tinnitus for about three weeks. One day I woke up and it was gone-I hope yours goes away soon-it was so annoying!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.