In Search of Speech Therapist

My child needs speech therapy, but I do not care for the school's therapist at all, nor do I want him to receive an IEP.
Can anyone recommend a speech therapist? Or does anyone know one who is retired and willing to "tutor"? Not really sure how to go about this.

Thanks!

Chipmunk Chipmunk
Oct '16

I have a friend who maybe able to help...she is in Byram. She is a speech pathologist.

Dr. Barbara Ellicott

Steven Steven
Oct '16

We have taken 2 of our children to Renne Deluca. She is in budd lake. She was recommended by the speech therapist at our school and is an amazing woman!!!

LivingLifeLovingLife LivingLifeLovingLife
Oct '16

Thank You!!! I will look into Renne!

Chipmunk Chipmunk
Oct '16

If you get a referral from your pediatrician, a certain number of sessions may be covered by your health insurance, subject to your typical office visit copay.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '16

If nothing else, insurance may pay for the evaluation. I would ask for doctor to write script.Check the local hospitals, Hackettstown, Morristown ect....they have speech services and they are sometimes covered and if they are not, they have a self pay rate too. I've also looked at speech therapists that my insurance covered and called to see their private rate. Good luck!

another speech mom another speech mom
Oct '16

Another vote for Renee DeLuca. She is outstanding!!

sumerrain1 sumerrain1
Oct '16

Look into talking to your ped. They may be able to help get you on the list thru the hospital...at least thats how it was before HH was bought out. Worth exploring tho.

Thank you ALL! :)

Chipmunk Chipmunk
Oct '16

Claudia Wagner, Ann Rd. Long Valley
908-850-8745

HHS Fan HHS Fan
Oct '16

Renee DeLuca in Budd Lake! She is amazing!!! You can google her and find her phone number.

nodoubt nodoubt
Oct '16

Linda Maffei
169 State Route 94, Blairstown, NJ 07825

I also recommend Renee DeLuca!! She is amazing and so great with my son. She was not in my insurance plan so we are paying out of pocket but it has been worth it in many ways. For one he is not being pulled out of class and missing something and secondly I get to observe the last part of the session with her so I know what he is working on and what we need to follow through with at home, and lastly she has communicated with my son's teachers at school to let them know what she is working on and how to carryover what he's learning with her in school. She works out of her house so it is much more inviting than an office or hospital environment. Hope this helps.

workingmom
Oct '16

Linda Maffei or Renew DeLucca, both good choices. Not sure about the therapist at H'town Hosp, they used to also have a reading component.

Htownforlife@gmail.c Htownforlife@gmail.c
Oct '16

East Stroudsburg University used to have a program where students (under supervision), offered speech therapy. I don't remember paying anything, so it may be worth looking into.

Renee DeLuca is wonderful!!

Kelly1 Kelly1
Oct '16

Renee DeLuca

I remember E.Stroudsburg University offering 25 sessions by Graduate students heavily supervised by Professors. Also tests again beforehand both speech & language. Professional lab & close to Htown. Should still be free. Call University grad dept in that area.

Not for Nuttin Not for Nuttin
Oct '16

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kim Astrologo in Succasunna. She was the greatest blessing to our family when my child needed her help. I can not say enough good things about her. :)

LadySkiDog LadySkiDog
Oct '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.