Accident at high school? Wishes for "Mr." Cherie

Anyone know what just happened saw ambulance and rescue

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Oct '16

Minor car accident

http://www.wcpublicsafety.com/firstresponder/wc911/actframe.html

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Four vehicles hit, driver taken to hospital? Hardly minor!

Bruce juice
Oct '16

Really......come on man !!

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Oct '16

Just an FYI the word "minor" on the warren county incident page was to describe the age of the person/s involved. Not the level of the accident

Jim L Jim L
Oct '16

That was my husband. He had a seizure and hit those cars during it. He is now in the hospital after a CAT scan they found he has an aneurysm in his brain. Thank goodness no one was hurt and this was God's way of letting him know that medical attention was needed. If not for this seizure and accident I may not be writing that he will be ok

Cherie Cherie
Oct '16

Cherie ~ Sending healing prayers for your husband.

gwtwqueenie gwtwqueenie
Oct '16

Thank heavens they found it! Sending prayers to you and your husband. May he heal quickly.

Dansker Dansker
Oct '16

Prayers sent for your husband, Cherie. Thank goodness for the warning sign of a seizure in this case! Hope he will be out of the hospital soon and all will be well.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Cherie, all best wishes for your husband's recovery.

maja2 maja2
Oct '16

My bad, I misinterpreted the word "minor". Thanks Jim L.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Best wishes Cherie, for you and your husband. Hoping that recovery is swift.

pmnsk pmnsk
Oct '16

There was no "minor" involved!

Bruce juice
Oct '16

There were two accidents near the high school yesterday afternoon. One was described as "minor", the other with " PI". Hoping for good news Cherie.

Clarification Clarification
Oct '16

Prayers for you and Husband Cherie and God Bless

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Oct '16

Cherie healing prayers coming your way.

Christine Christine
Oct '16

Hope he is well soon Cherie.

Thanks for the clarification, Clarification.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Best Wishes Cherie...thoughts and prayers!

Lives in PV Lives in PV
Oct '16

wishing your husband a quick and safe fix...........

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '16

Saying a prayer for you and your family, Cherie.

Ladyjane2 Ladyjane2
Oct '16

Sending healing prayers your husband's way. Cherie.

Chickadee mobile Chickadee mobile
Oct '16

Keep them coming. He will have an angiogram tomorrow to hopefully repair the aneurysm. Pray for the doctors hands to be delicate and precise. And it will be corrected with only this procedure.
There are some awesome people in our community. Our police who I can't thank enough, our EMT who responded quickly and were able to stabilize and transfer safely to our hospital, who were wonderful with him. The nurses were thorough and the Drs explained everything so we understood. A community member, as well as one of my girls scouts dad who happens to work for the school system was at the football game, and able to call 911 and report calmly to me. And lastly all of you! For sending prayers and support for a fellow community member who most, if not all, don't even know. How awesome is that?!?!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Cherie Cherie
Oct '16

Prayers and good wishes...

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Oct '16

Sending good wishes for a speedy recovery for your husband.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '16

Thoughts and prayers with your husband and family as he undergoes his procedure. Hoping he will soon be well...

Joyful Joyful
Oct '16

Best of luck - I sincerely wish him a full and speedy recovery.

skippy skippy
Oct '16

Prayers, good thoughts and wishes for a fast recovery are being sent your husband's way. Stay strong Cherie.

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Oct '16

Feel better wishes. Hope all is well.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Oct '16

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Cherie,

Wishing you and your husband all the best!

FYI - My cousin went through the exact same thing (except he was in the shower when he had his seizure) and the doctors told his wife if it wasn't for the seizure, he most likely wouldn't be alive today! Fast forward 1 year, he is fine, healthy, and has been medically cleared to go live his life like he did before!

Stay positive!

Haha1
Oct '16

Sending healing thoughts to you and your husband, Cherie.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '16

My heart goes out to you. God bless.

No thespian
Oct '16

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Tracy Tracy
Oct '16

Cherie,

I'm VERY glad they were able to get to your husband quickly. I have cousins, two of whom were fortunate that they were gotten to quickly and sadly one who was not. The one they didn't get to quickly enough was in coma and kept on life support until they finally made the decision to let her go and be at peace. With an aneurysm it is SO very important to get assistance to the victim as quickly as possible.

I'm glad that nobody else was hurt, but sad that you and your husband have to go through this, especially since one of my cousins had to go through major procedures to take care of his. Thankfully he's doing well these days, as I'm sure your husband will be too. My very best wishes to you both and I hope he recovers very quickly!

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '16

Cherie, wishing your hubby well.

So many encouraging words on this thread..hoping that all of this good energy will channel itself right to your husband. ☺

positive positive
Oct '16

Re: Accident at high school? Wishes for

The first procedure was not a susscessful as we would have liked it to be. The angiogram showed the aneurysm is bigger then the Drs thought. Hubby is scheduled for a craniotomy tomorrow at 6:30 am. All prayers and positive mojo is needed more now then ever. Again you guys rock! Hackettstown truly is a great place to be raising my family.

Cherie Cherie
Oct '16

Cherie, I'm sorry the news was not what you hoped for. Your husband has gotten this far for a reason. The docs will take good care. Keep the faith! Your family and the medical staff have my prayers.

maja2 maja2
Oct '16

Prayers and strength to you and your family. He made it this far so There is a good reason for that. I am sure he will come through fine and life will be back to normal, hopefully as soon as possible. Special hugs to all.

Dansker Dansker
Oct '16

Cherie, so glad that this is being managed and hoping all goes well for you and your husband.

pmnsk pmnsk
Oct '16

Please know that you have a lot of us praying for good results this morning when your husband undergoes the next step in making him well again. ..

Joyful Joyful
Oct '16

Prayers being said for your husband, family, and all involved with his medical condition.

Spring fever Spring fever
Oct '16

Best wishes for both you and your husband. Please keep us posted and let us know if you need anything.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

all good wishes and thoughts to your husband (and you of course)

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '16

Best of luck on the procedure! That's the same one my male cousin had to have and both the success and recovery rate are really good. His was done about 15 years ago, so I'm sure your Hubby will be out of the woods in no time!

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '16

Update.... The surgery was a success and done at a time which was very critical. Had it not been done the dr said it was very thin and may have burst soon.
Thank you again to our great community for your prayers.

Cherie Cherie
Oct '16

Yay! Great news!!

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Oct '16

Great news Cherie ! Wishing your husband a complete and speedy recovery !

Mariann Mariann
Oct '16

Wonderful news Cherie.....prayers for a complete recovery !

outsider outsider
Oct '16

Happy Day! Thanks, Cherie, for sharing with us this wonderful news..Speedy recovery is wished for your husband..

Joyful Joyful
Oct '16

Great news! I hope your husband recovers soon and completely. Thanks for letting us know.

Aquarius Aquarius
Oct '16

So very happy for you and your husband! May he continue to heal and grow strong. Prayers headed your way!

Dansker Dansker
Oct '16

That's great news

skippy skippy
Oct '16

That's great news Cherie! I wish him a speedy recovery with no more issues!

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '16

Very, very fortunate. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '16

Very good news!

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '16

So happy for you and your husband!

positive positive
Oct '16

That is really good news and best wishes on his continued recovery.

Great news! So happy to hear it.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Little bump. Having trouble waking up. Please if I/he can get some more prayer.

Cherie Cherie
Oct '16

So sorry to hear that. I'm sending all the best wishes to you and your husband.

Please,please ,get well...it will give us all a thread of hope and a much needed miracle..praying is not really in my comfort zone but for your recover I shall pray

Neccy Neccy
Oct '16

Sending prayers you and your husbands way.........

littlelu littlelu
Oct '16

Praying for your husband right now and also you and your family. May God's peace surround you all during this time of healing.

Spring fever Spring fever
Oct '16

Praying now that he wakes up without further issue. Please keep us updated

Dansker Dansker
Oct '16

He is resting comfortably. Still not fully alert but Drs are saying this is normal. He is responding to some commands ( name, lift you right/left arm, etc) like Neccy said above positive mojo, prayers, and healing thoughts are still much appreciated.

Cherie Cherie
Oct '16

Still praying, Cherie, and happy to hear the progress.

Joyful Joyful
Oct '16

Joining the squadron of those praying for your husband, Cherie. May he awaken to recover quickly and fully. Sending *you* strength and positive energy to cope with this sudden, unexpected and scary medical situation.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '16

Cheri--i was there that night of his accident. I live across from his work place. He was in good hands right from the beginning. So many people ran to help him. It could have been so much worse then it was. He damaged cars but hurt nobody else. It happened at a busy time of the day and someone was watching over him as his van came to a stop without hitting any people who were all over the road at that time. I hope he has a speedy recovery...and the work "neighbors" are thinking of him.

CGHS84 CGHS84
Oct '16

CGHS84 thank you for that post it made me feel so much better that he was not suffering at all once he came to a stop. He still has a long road to complete recovery but every day is a step closer. Will hopefully be transferred out of the hospital this week and into rehab to start PT and OT.

Cherie Cherie
Nov '16

Prayers are with your husband to push hard through PT and OT. It can be hard sometimes but the rewards are great. Keep us updated.

Dansker Dansker
Nov '16

Thanks for the update, Cherie. I've been thinking about you and your husband and hoping his recovery is going smoothly.

Tracy Tracy
Nov '16

I wanted to update all who have sent prayers and well wishes. Hubby is home, unfortunately still has a long road to travel before what we hope is full recovery. Being that it's thanksgiving day, I am thankful he is improving and is still with us. It could have been much worse. However, we are running into some road blocks, that I hope are temporary.
My sister in law has set up a gofundme account to help. I know times are tight for most people this time of year, but if you can copy the link and share to your social media pages I would be thankful for that as well.
Again this town we call home has some of the most caring people I know and that I am thankful for as well. Hope you all enjoy thanksgiving with your family and friends.

Here is the link to my hubbys road to recovery gofundme page.

https://www.gofundme.com/carls-road-to-recovery-fund

Cherie Cherie
Nov '16

I just wanted to bump this up with well wishes for the family.

Cherie posted an update on the GoFundMe page and it looks like they are in a bit more need than anticipated.

Please consider helping out this wonderful family!

Seenit
Dec '16

Re: Accident at high school? Wishes for

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost 3 months since the accident. And almost 2 months since I have updated on Hackettstown life. Although Carl is making progress it is slower than the therapist had anticipated. With both of us being out of work still, and only having income from temporary disability at this time it is making things harder than I had anticipated myself. Paying for cobra insurance for our family is now going to be another headache we need to deal with. But this too shall pass and we are on the road to recovery and there is progress although small every day. We continue to ask for healing prayers, strength, good mojo or positive vibes whatever you feel comfortable giving us. I truly believe in the power of prayer and hope to continue to feel the love we have received from our great community.

Cherie Cherie
Jan '17

Thanks for the update Cherie. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so difficult, but happy to hear that you have a great attitude about it. I continue to wish your family all the best.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '17

Sending prayers to you and your family.

Dansker Dansker
Jan '17

I sincerely hope your family gets some well deserved good news

skippy skippy
Jan '17

Update of progress and recovery. Carl has had much more recall the last few weeks. We are just over 5 months post surgery. Some days better then others. He will get stuck on something and ask about it everyday several times. Kind of like a loop that keeps coming around. Then I notice he'll say, someone told me or I had a dream.... Most of it pretty accurate when re-telling me about it which means memories are starting to rebuild. We continue to go 3 times a week to work with Kessler's OT resources. Carl is now down to 4 medications 2x daily. His video EEG done at the beginning of February did show some small "electrical" activity but no seizures. We will meet with a neurologist that specializes in strokes, as the epilepsy Doctor feels he may have had a small stroke in the past before the accident. There was evidence on the CT scan done in ER as well as some damage from the surgery. We are in the process of getting in home cognitive rehabilitation which was recommended by the neuropsychologist he saw the beginning of February and also starting the process of filing for long term disability and looking at the future of me returning to work. All in all Carl continues to make progress slow and steady and takes everything as far as doing what he is asked to do in stride. Don't get me wrong he is still is stubborn, but some of that is a result of the aneurysm pressing on the part of the brain that controls motivation, initiative, and filter. As the aneurysm continues to shrink( due to no blood supply ) my hopes are that will change as well. Sometimes old habits are hard to break, like thinking he still smokes, he still asks daily where I have the cigarettes hiding or if I have any and when I tell him we quit he'll say "yea right "or "that can't be right its been 5 months, I know I've smoked".
Hopes are that as time goes on and healing continues he will "own" his deficit and strategies can be used to remember things. Thank you all for all your help, prayers, and support we are still humbled by our village.

Cherie Cherie
Mar '17

Cherie, it sounds like the right direction. God bless.

maja2 maja2
Mar '17

Thanks for the update, Cherie. I hope things continue to improve for Carl.

Aquarius Aquarius
Mar '17

Thank you for the update. You and Carl continue to be in my prayers. I can't imagine having to face such a challenge in life (I don't think most people can fathom it) and I wish you both all the strength and courage in the world to continue on with the progress.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '17

Cherie,
I know your daughter from school, she's a very sweet and gentle girl; it was terrible to read this. Wishing lots of love and good fortune to your husband and family,
Abby

AbbyGirl AbbyGirl
Mar '17

Cherie I would start the paperwork for permanent disability now. You can do it online. Everyone gets turned down the first time. Then you have to appeal. It could take months. If you need any help tell me here and I will contact you.

infogirl
Mar '17

Prayers and strength to you and your family. Hope things continue to improve, as quickly as possible.

Dansker Dansker
Mar '17

Thanks for the update. Glad he is improving!

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '17

Thank you infogirl. I have started the process and working with an advocacy group too. I heard that about what you said. My hopes are its not denied. The group said "they've never gotten a denial " let's hope!!

Cherie Cherie
Mar '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.