Where to Purchase Children's Eyeglasses?

What is the best local place to purchase children's eyeglasses. Not necessarily looking for the cheapest price, just an excellent optician that can help with frame selection for a first pair for a child who might be self-conscious with the idea. RecSpec options a plus.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '16

Try Manhire Opticians

For Eye service:
Check your employer offering Vision Coverage (or within its Medical benefits) - as that's a great discounted way to get "an excellent optician that can help with frame selection for a first pair for a child who might be self-conscious with the idea". www.eyemedvisioncare.com glasses.com

For cheap children's eyeglasses, to purchase:
There's a slew of cheapglasses123.com and likes to chose from the internet - as it should/may have a better selection and/or better prices than a local shop.

Other than that, I have a family member who went to Walmart for both optician advise and eyeglasses with no problem, at a fair price.

Manhires Opticians. Very knowledgeable and friendly.

Vicinity Vicinity
Oct '16

BJ's if you are a member - good selection - great exam..... incredible price for some fashion forward, multi-feature specs for my teen.. LOL

pmnsk pmnsk
Oct '16

Ooooh, I forgot about BJs!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '16

You can order glasses from Sam's Club without having a membership. Optician will adjust /fix your frame and clean lenses for 1 year. Sometimes club has specials for kids.

We got sunglasses for my son at a place near shop rite, few years back, I don't recommend them, go to sams club

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Oct '16

Manhire is good, if you have the insurance. If not, I'd probably recommend going to Walmart. However, depending on your child's age, you might want to consider going to LensCrafters for one of their Clarifeye exams (or to a place with similar technology). It's a high-tech scan of the eyes that can help the doctor to determine exactly what glasses are needed (and whether other problems may exist). Sometimes, especially with young children, the old-fashioned "which one is clearer" comparative lens test can be confusing. The eye scans often make the process easier and more exacting.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Oct '16

Thanks for all the recos. We have a pediatric ophthalmologist for his exam but they dont have an optical shop.
Keep the ideas flowing!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '16

We used to go to the Walmart in Mount Olive, but things have changed there in terms of the exam - personnel changes - and the price was MORE than BJ's.

pmnsk pmnsk
Oct '16

I'm a big fan of shopping for glasses at Zenni Optical! They have nice, inexpensive glasses and a ton of different ones to choose from. They even have a kids section:

http://www.zennioptical.com/kids?Ns=sku.bestSeller

There is also an area where you can download a picture of your face and do a virtual try-on.

I think most of them run from $9-$35 too so def worth a try.

Happy glasses hunting!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.