Where to dispose of leaves?

I searched the forum, but no one had an answer.

If you are willing to pick up and bag your own leaves (instead of hiring a landscaper to do it), WHERE can they be taken? I imagine all the landscaper have to take them SOMEWHERE... (for example, I know Andover has someplace to take them, but that's a little far when you have as many leaves as I do...

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Oct '16

Call the Warren County Recycling Center... they may have a compost area where you can take them (although it's not specifically mentioned on their website).

http://www.co.warren.nj.us/Recycling/

I say this because Mansfield's ordinance lists "Leaves and Yard Waste" as a "designated recyclable material" and the Warren County Recycling Center as the Township's official recycling center:

http://www.ecode360.com/29443992?highlight=yard waste#29443992

Edit: For some reason the link is broken... copy/paste it into your address bar.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '16

Do you live in Hackettstown? Just rake them to the edge of your property, and several times throughout the fall months, the "leaf eater" truck comes through neighborhoods and vacuums them up.

sumerrain1 sumerrain1
Oct '16

Ian: I saw that quote too on the official by-laws... but I have always heard Oxford does NOT take yard waste.... hmm....

Oct '16

Oh, sorry no- not in Hackettstown. Mansfield Twp, which does not have leaf collection.

Oct '16

There is a site for dropping off limbs and assorted yard waste on route 46 in Kowloon, near Gary Gray truckstop. I had to drop some limbs off last fall, it was either 15 or 20 bucks a pick up truck full. It's a Warren County service that I was pointed to when I pulled up to the Oxford dumping station and they refused to take yard waste.

Agust Agust
Oct '16

Why not start a compost pile?

Bug3
Oct '16

Depending where you live you could get a burn permit. Fun night.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Oct '16

"Why not start a compost pile?"

I tried that for a couple years, but I have far too many leaves- it would have to be a rather large compost pile - much larger than I'd want to have or deal with.

Oct '16

JR

Dump some beer on it..leaves decompose quickly

Brad2
Oct '16

Not when they're halfway up your shins they don't LOL

I have ALOT of leaves.

Oct '16

Just blow them in your neighbors yard and let them deal with it or put them in the street.

Overrated Overrated
Oct '16

I'm glad you're not my neighbor.

Oct '16

JR...I have 3 acres..mow them with a bag lawn mower..they take up much less space

Brad2
Oct '16

I am in mansfield to, i bought a chipper shredder , i just rack them
In and it chews a five foot deep pile to an inch

Put them in my garage with my old TV until Mansfield figures it out

eapos eapos
Oct '16

Garage will fall down around them before that day comes

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.