Dead deer on road for a week

Do I call the DPW? The town? County health department? Just realized this am that I saw the same dead deer across from the hospital almost a week ago...

Townies Townies
Oct '16

Is that a county road or a town road? Once you determine that, call either the county road dept. or the township DPW.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Could be a county road maintained by the town,

The Man The Man
Oct '16

Townies, it's not the same deer, I first saw it on Sunday morning.

I just called it into the non-emergency PD #. They arrange to have it picked up based on who ever is responsible for which road. I believe that's county road, but they'll figure all of that out.

I had meant to do this earlier, I had even mentioned it to the ex-PD office at Sunday breakfast. ;-)

There was one on Waterloo Rd across from the village a couple of weeks back that was never picked up. I was amazed that the buzzards and bugs had that thing down to hair and bone in about 7 days. Natures janitors.

hktownie hktownie
Oct '16

Yea, its gross we walked by it the other day and it was all I could do to keep my dogs moving....,yuck!!!

Calico is correct I believe I have called the road dept. in the past and they gave me a number to call. The man on the phone was very nice and it was picked up that day!

Deer are in the rut...they are probably very busy picking them all up.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Oct '16

"Deer are in the rut...they are probably very busy picking them all up."

That's for sure. Be careful driving everyone!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Deer are in the rut - OMG, I think we need to give them safe spaces and access to counselours as well as send Game Wardens out to shoot them up with darts containing anti-depressants! Maybe then they'll stop running in front of cars trying to commit suicide and we'll save both deer and sheetmetal, perhaps human lives as well!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist:-) Yes, I DO know what "in the rut" actually means, but couldn't help myself.

Definitely keep your eyes out! By the way, one of the most dangerous parts of Waterloo Rd. aka County Rt. 604 aka Willow Grove is from the Hosital to the Railroad Tracks. I call that "Deer Alley" because I see more deer there, especially deer strikes than I do anywhere else along Waterloo Rd. The funny (not really funny, btw) thing is that people drive extra slowly in the other sections when heading towards Hackettstown, but actually speed up to over the speed limit once they pass the railroad tracks. I just shake my head and keep my eyes peeled.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.