Punny Halloween Costumes

I'm trying to think of a cute, easy costume that's also a brain teaser for my students on Halloween...

So far I've found:
- Dunkin' Donuts (Basketball player wearing a donut inflatable)
- One Direction (A tshirt showing a compass with only one direction)
- Quarterback (A big quarter on your back)
- Tuna Fish (Two "na" fish)
- A Big Deal (The word DEAL in really big letters)

Can you think of some puns that translate well into a costume?

Challah Challah
Oct '16

Black tee shirt with white dotted lines down the middle.....attach a picture of a fork or a plastic fork.....you have "fork in the road"

Wear an chef's apron and hat ....carry an iron - "Iron Chef"

SS2cats SS2cats
Oct '16

I won this "idea" in college: I took a light bulb colored it yellow put it on a headband atop my head.

What do you teach? I work in a library, so I'm fond of literary references. '50 Shades of Grey' (a t-shirt with a bunch of grey paint swatches attached to it) may not be appropriate for high school, but how about "The Old Man and the Sea?" Dress as an old man, and carry a big letter 'C'!
Catch-22.... a football jersey with the number 22?
Slaughterhouse Five... a bloody cow costume with the number 5?
War and Peace could be fun; army fatigues and some 60s jewelry!

Nichole @ HFPL Nichole @ HFPL
Oct '16

Smarty pants... Attach the candy "smarties" to you pants.

Cherie Cherie
Oct '16

In a classroom, maybe face-book? Too easy though lol

justintime justintime
Oct '16

Haha, I like the smarty pants. I teach 5th grade.

Challah Challah
Oct '16

A patient of ours was a teacher and she came into the office wearing them. She said the kids got a kick out of it.

Cherie Cherie
Oct '16

Last year at a party I saw a girl with a blanket wrapped around her with pointy ears, a nose and a curly tail sticking out of the back of the blanket. She was a "Pig in a Blanket".

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '16

Chick magnet.

Black shirt with little dolls or little chicks sewn on.

Tracy Tracy
Oct '16

how about "Queen Bee" a black pair of yoga pants, a yellow and black striped shirt and a cheap dollar store tiara!!

lilacsofsummer lilacsofsummer
Oct '16

Years ago, I saw a guy in a bar with a light blue sweatsuit and cotton balls all over. He was also carrying a squirt gun. I asked him what he was, he squirted me and said "cloudy with a chance of showers".

Re: Punny Halloween Costumes

Obviously not appropriate for school, but the Freudian Slip is a good one.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

MB - "a light blue sweatsuit and cotton balls all over"

I have to say I had an *entirely* different scenario in mind for that. I guess I just have to get my mind out of the gutter. :-0!

Small cereal Boxes taped to your shirt with plastic knives shoved through them. Cereal
Killer. Probably not okay in a school setting in today's world, but when I was in high school in the nineties my math teacher wore it.

Njchia Njchia
Oct '16

You could get a bunch of question mark fabric stickers or order a shirt with question marks and be "questionable" or an undecided voter.

Take a picture of your face and print it out life-size and pin it on your back and go as two-faced.

Append a bag of chips to your shoulder and go as "a chip on your shoulder."

My coworkers son is wearing boxing gloves and a Hawaiian shirt, he's Hawaiian Punch.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.