Hackettstown restaurant tastings

Hi does anyone know when the restaurants are having their $2.00 tastings? I can't seem to find it on here or on the BID page.

Thanks

Lewie Lewie
Oct '16

That was done for the very first time last year. I don't think they're repeating it.

Please publicize it if it does return. Nice way to try a large volume of new restaurants...

With your frat boy pals?

yankeefan yankeefan
Oct '16

$2 tasting will return the first Thursday of November. More details to come

Jim L Jim L
Oct '16

Yeah, right yankee...

Jay thanks please let me know if it is that date

Lewie Lewie
Oct '16

Lewie - Jim L is the one who gave the date. He's on the committee so he would know. Glad to hear it got back on track. Thanks Jim L!! Am I gonna eat well again or what? ;-)

Thanks for the information, but does anyone know what time it starts.

Lewie Lewie
Oct '16

sorry but it looks like there will be no $2 tasting next month. not enough time to plan it.

It will return quarterly in 2017. The dates are:

2/2/17
5/4/2017
8/3/2017
11/2/2017

Jim L Jim L
Oct '16

Jim L you are a disappointment. First you say one thing and then come back with another answer.

I certainly hope you do better as you get more experienced in your career. You do not have my vote on anything.

Bernie Bernie
Oct '16

You've got to be kidding. How does this translate into Jim L's fault for simply communicating what's going on? And then that morphs into a voting issue? So much for actual issues.

This is............Hackettstown Life

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Oct '16

More like Llanview, Clyde.

That was SO uncalled for, Bernie.......to call someone names and then question his ability to do his job....just because he came on here to relay information.

Talk about shooting the messenger!

It was TWO weeks ago when Jim L made the announcement, a lot can go on in two weeks and it's apparent they determined that it just wasn't going to be possible to pull it all together in time.

Jim L......thank you for keeping us posted. :)

littlelu littlelu
Oct '16

no worries littlelu I can handle it

It was brought up at the BID event meeting 2 weeks ago and it was a go, then last week the committee felt they didn't have enough time to plan it so they decided to push it back.

I'm just a volunteer on the event committee so not worried about Bernie's vote LOL

Jim L Jim L
Oct '16

Thanks for trying and keeping us updated jim

Lewie Lewie
Oct '16

Sorry it fell through this time Lewie. But at least now we have hard dates for 2017 to plan for

Jim L Jim L
Oct '16

Lmao, Bernie! What got into you? No worries, Jim L. Thank you for this information.

No thespian
Oct '16

Thanks again Jim L for the update AND for your volunteer work.....

littlelu littlelu
Oct '16

$2 tastings tomorrow. Anyone planning on going?

happiest girl
Aug '19

Always go. $2 Tracey's fudge alone is worth it. ;-)

Is this Saturday the $2 tasting?

happiest girl
Feb '20

There are no more $2 tasting scheduled

Jim L Jim L
Feb '20

$2 Tastings are an August event.

So weird, I have it on my calendar. Maybe it's some other town & I didn't write down which.
Hackettstown DID have a few in the past, called Winterfest. I remember the ice carvings.

happiest girl
Feb '20

Yeah I remember one year it was super cold. And streets and businesses had a lot of people. Another year it was beautiful unfortunately the ice sculptures melted quickly but there were alot of people around town. Why are they not doing it anymore I think it was called Winterfest.

the BID is not doing Winterfest this year, wasn't in their budget.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '20

Did they hire a new BID director and if so who is it? Know Mr. Sheldon was retiring but if someone else is now in the position, they are not making themselves known.

reisident08
Feb '20

Jim L
Do you know what activities the bid will be having this year? They are still having Maifest and Octoberfest there are nice. We need more things like that. Stuff for the town not like the street fair that mainly brings outside businesses not helping the businesses that are in town. It's nice to see when the streets are busy with visitors.

Sorry Max you’ll have to reach out to the BID to ask them about their events for 2020. I don’t volunteer with them anymore. I know they cut a few events and just hired a new Executive Director. Hopefully they bring back more events for 2021.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.